Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#14431 jsal4

jsal4
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

I found his name on Azul Sensatori's website:

Hi jsal4 - where did you see that Matias Cano is an approved vendor?  I was just looking at the ones listed on Lomas Weddings....I was under the impression that those were my only options but this Matias' website seems cool.

Thanks! AnnE

"Where there is love, there is life."

#14432 pbrozek

pbrozek
    • Site Supporter
    • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Ack! 41 days until the wedding. I'm getting sooooo excited!

Just another quick question about meeting with your onsite coordinator. When did you find out when your appointment was? And, is you appointment typically the day after you arrive? What do you talk about? Do you just go over what's on your detailed sheet (that's sent from your wedding coordinator in FL)? Can you make additions to the detailed sheet at that time? How long is the appointment? I'm not quite sure what to expect. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Paula

#14433 2ndtimesacharm

2ndtimesacharm
      • Banned
      • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Do you have any pictures of your setup?  Did you show them pictures of how you wanted the gazebo wrapped?  My FI is going to kill me if I tell him we're bringing a bolt of fabric - LOL - so if I can show him pictures it may help!

Thank you!!

Dori

Originally Posted by missmely 

you should try searching for organza bolts... I got mine from amazon and it was $20.99 for 25 yards which is plenty!

Azul Sensatori ~ June 26, 2012

#14434 ThomasK

ThomasK
        • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by murmel 

We did the "exotic gazebo" - think is was $220 (it included the sheers, and two large bouquets -which they normally hang on the sides, we just asked them not to hang them; we used one on our signing table, other one at the reception)

I have only been to Sensatori and El Dorado Royale/Casitas. The Royale has a nice beach. (adults only too) I will be there next week, so I'll take pictures and post them. I have friends who have been to Fives and say they are still going through "growing pains". But that is because they only opened in November 2010- it also has a lot more timeshare units on the property. 

I think someone mentioned it, but you do not pay the fee if the photographer stays at the resort for 3 nights or more. So we brought a photographer with us for the week, and had no problems!

Oh, awesome in regards to there not being a fee if the photographer stays. he (my brother in law) will be staying longer than that for sure; that is a huge relief!

On to your other comment about your friends who have been to fives - what were/are their growing pains?? Sounds scary!

Thanks again!

#14435 missmely

missmely
          • 151 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

not yet! i have 30 days to go!

the bolt is not huge at all, it fits in a normal sized carry on. I'll be bringing pictures with me of the gazebo and the tables :)

Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm 

Do you have any pictures of your setup?  Did you show them pictures of how you wanted the gazebo wrapped?  My FI is going to kill me if I tell him we're bringing a bolt of fabric - LOL - so if I can show him pictures it may help!

Thank you!!

Dori

#14436 murmel

murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by pbrozek 

Just another quick question about meeting with your onsite coordinator. When did you find out when your appointment was? And, is you appointment typically the day after you arrive? What do you talk about? Do you just go over what's on your detailed sheet (that's sent from your wedding coordinator in FL)? Can you make additions to the detailed sheet at that time? How long is the appointment? I'm not quite sure what to expect. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Paula

Let's see what I remember:

1) you get your appointment card upon check in

2) our appointment was the following day (but I think that may vary on when you arrive and when the wedding is)

3) we went over the detail sheet, making sure they understood our vision. We also covered where people would be getting ready (rooms), spa times, etc. Then covered how the ceremony flows, who walks where, music, etc. Any other details you wished to add/change. Gave them all our extras (lanterns, paper name cards, menu cards, etc. )

4) I think it was about an hour.

Originally Posted by ThomasK 

Oh, awesome in regards to there not being a fee if the photographer stays. he (my brother in law) will be staying longer than that for sure; that is a huge relief!

On to your other comment about your friends who have been to fives - what were/are their growing pains?? Sounds scary!

That's awesome that your brother in law is your photographer! You will have no problems :)

Our friends mentioned there was still some confusion about who were timeshare guests and hotel guests. They didn't have much staff around the pool yet and were sometimes disorganized (again this is from friends that were there this fall). I wish I could be more specific (I will try and ask them next time I see them). I would also try Trip Advisor or Debbies caribbean online and see what others are saying if you are considering this an option.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#14437 pbrozek

pbrozek
            • Site Supporter
            • 75 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thanks Murmel!!

#14438 carsns38

carsns38
              • Site Supporter
              • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm 

Thank you!!

Dori

Here is a pic of how ours was set up.  We got the gold package and they cancelled the dinner cruise, so we got the large hanging corsages and rose petals instead. The bolt of fabric is not big and it is very light.

Thanks!

Paula

Our meeting was on the day after we arrived at 1pm.  It was 2 hours!!!  After a night of celebrating our arrival, it was very long. lol   Here are some things to consider:

1.  Bring a copy of your final detail sheet!!!  Not everything that we chose with our offsite WC (and paid for) was on their detail sheet (btw Maria our offsite WC was fabulous!!!) Luckily we had ours

with us.  You can make additions to your details when you are there. 

2.  Bring pics with you of how you want everything set up. Go through past brides planning threads on here and look for what you like and they will do it for you...at a cost for set up. 

3.  Have everything you bring for the wedding ready, as they want them asap.  We left our maracas tags and seating umbrella cards until we got there. That took up a couple of hours after the

meeting which wasted more of the day.   

4. Ceremony script.  We dropped the ball on this one.  We had it all planned out and printed but needed to get it approved by the judge first to see if she would agree to make changes to the

legal ceremony.  Bring a zip drive with your ceremony script because you may need it approved.  In the end, we added parts around the mexican ceremony script, but forgot to ask someone

to read those parts for us...oops.  Thankfully Veronica agreed to do read the extras but it would have been nice to have some friends or family read some of the other parts.

5. Have a seating chart available if you are doing a private reception...helps them set it up the way you want it (weddingwire.com has a great free one)   We forgot about an MC too...lol ...luckily

a friend agreed to do this for us at the last minute to keep everything flowing. Ask for a podium for speeches, we didn't think of this. 

6. Have all your wedding songs typed out for the ceremony in the order you want them played.  We had the playlists organized but didn't have the lists printed out...another oops!  If you are

having a private reception and are doing your own music with an ipod, have a list the first dance, father/bride dance, cake cutting song etc, printed out for the WC too.

Veronica and Denise were very good!!! They listened to what we wanted and they were flexible. We ended up changing our Private Reception location the day before the wedding(from Zavaz Plaza to Zocalo Terrace) because the nights were so cool the week we were there. Zocalo Terrace (mexican restaurant) turned out to be great! (if you are having your wedding there, ask for more lighting...our pics were very dark)

Hope this helps!

#14439 pbrozek

pbrozek
                • Site Supporter
                • 75 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Yes, it does! Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by carsns38 

Here is a pic of how ours was set up.  We got the gold package and they cancelled the dinner cruise, so we got the large hanging corsages and rose petals instead. The bolt of fabric is not big and it is very light.

DSCN0421 (800x600).jpg

Our meeting was on the day after we arrived at 1pm.  It was 2 hours!!!  After a night of celebrating our arrival, it was very long. lol   Here are some things to consider:

1.  Bring a copy of your final detail sheet!!!  Not everything that we chose with our offsite WC (and paid for) was on their detail sheet (btw Maria our offsite WC was fabulous!!!) Luckily we had ours

with us.  You can make additions to your details when you are there. 

2.  Bring pics with you of how you want everything set up. Go through past brides planning threads on here and look for what you like and they will do it for you...at a cost for set up. 

3.  Have everything you bring for the wedding ready, as they want them asap.  We left our maracas tags and seating umbrella cards until we got there. That took up a couple of hours after the

meeting which wasted more of the day.   

4. Ceremony script.  We dropped the ball on this one.  We had it all planned out and printed but needed to get it approved by the judge first to see if she would agree to make changes to the

legal ceremony.  Bring a zip drive with your ceremony script because you may need it approved.  In the end, we added parts around the mexican ceremony script, but forgot to ask someone

to read those parts for us...oops.  Thankfully Veronica agreed to do read the extras but it would have been nice to have some friends or family read some of the other parts.

5. Have a seating chart available if you are doing a private reception...helps them set it up the way you want it (weddingwire.com has a great free one)   We forgot about an MC too...lol ...luckily

a friend agreed to do this for us at the last minute to keep everything flowing. Ask for a podium for speeches, we didn't think of this. 

6. Have all your wedding songs typed out for the ceremony in the order you want them played.  We had the playlists organized but didn't have the lists printed out...another oops!  If you are

having a private reception and are doing your own music with an ipod, have a list the first dance, father/bride dance, cake cutting song etc, printed out for the WC too.

Veronica and Denise were very good!!! They listened to what we wanted and they were flexible. We ended up changing our Private Reception location the day before the wedding(from Zavaz Plaza to Zocalo Terrace) because the nights were so cool the week we were there. Zocalo Terrace (mexican restaurant) turned out to be great! (if you are having your wedding there, ask for more lighting...our pics were very dark)

Hope this helps!

#14440 Jessie

Jessie
                  • 231 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

We found out shortly after we checked in when our meeting was, and it was the day after we arrived.  The meeting lasted 2 hours.  We went over absolutely everything.  The Spa Coordinator came in to make sure all the spa appointments were set up.  The rest of the meeting was with our Lomas Coordinator (Odette) and the Coordinator from the resort, Ivan.  We went over the entire detail sheet.  We went over everything that we brought that we wanted set up.  I had prepared a list of everything I brought with me and what I wanted done with it.  Bring pictures, if possible.  If you are having assigned seating, go over how you want the tables set up (and have a chart prepared to give them).  Although it is tedious (especially when it is in the middle of the day and you want to be OUTSIDE IN THE SUN), but it is important for them to understand exactly how you want everything, and to clear up any discrepancies.  Also, you can add/change things on your detail sheet in the meeting.  They will do everything they can to make you happy, so don't worry about it at all.

Originally Posted by pbrozek 

Thanks!

Paula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users