Originally Posted by 2ndtimesacharm
Do you have any pictures of your setup? Did you show them pictures of how you wanted the gazebo wrapped? My FI is going to kill me if I tell him we're bringing a bolt of fabric - LOL - so if I can show him pictures it may help!
Here is a pic of how ours was set up. We got the gold package and they cancelled the dinner cruise, so we got the large hanging corsages and rose petals instead. The bolt of fabric is not big and it is very light.
Ack! 41 days until the wedding. I'm getting sooooo excited!
Just another quick question about meeting with your onsite coordinator. When did you find out when your appointment was? And, is you appointment typically the day after you arrive? What do you talk about? Do you just go over what's on your detailed sheet (that's sent from your wedding coordinator in FL)? Can you make additions to the detailed sheet at that time? How long is the appointment? I'm not quite sure what to expect. Any help would be awesome!
Our meeting was on the day after we arrived at 1pm. It was 2 hours!!! After a night of celebrating our arrival, it was very long. lol Here are some things to consider:
1. Bring a copy of your final detail sheet!!! Not everything that we chose with our offsite WC (and paid for) was on their detail sheet (btw Maria our offsite WC was fabulous!!!) Luckily we had ours
with us. You can make additions to your details when you are there.
2. Bring pics with you of how you want everything set up. Go through past brides planning threads on here and look for what you like and they will do it for you...at a cost for set up.
3. Have everything you bring for the wedding ready, as they want them asap. We left our maracas tags and seating umbrella cards until we got there. That took up a couple of hours after the
meeting which wasted more of the day.
4. Ceremony script. We dropped the ball on this one. We had it all planned out and printed but needed to get it approved by the judge first to see if she would agree to make changes to the
legal ceremony. Bring a zip drive with your ceremony script because you may need it approved. In the end, we added parts around the mexican ceremony script, but forgot to ask someone
to read those parts for us...oops. Thankfully Veronica agreed to do read the extras but it would have been nice to have some friends or family read some of the other parts.
5. Have a seating chart available if you are doing a private reception...helps them set it up the way you want it (weddingwire.com has a great free one) We forgot about an MC too...lol ...luckily
a friend agreed to do this for us at the last minute to keep everything flowing. Ask for a podium for speeches, we didn't think of this.
6. Have all your wedding songs typed out for the ceremony in the order you want them played. We had the playlists organized but didn't have the lists printed out...another oops! If you are
having a private reception and are doing your own music with an ipod, have a list the first dance, father/bride dance, cake cutting song etc, printed out for the WC too.
Veronica and Denise were very good!!! They listened to what we wanted and they were flexible. We ended up changing our Private Reception location the day before the wedding(from Zavaz Plaza to Zocalo Terrace) because the nights were so cool the week we were there. Zocalo Terrace (mexican restaurant) turned out to be great! (if you are having your wedding there, ask for more lighting...our pics were very dark)
Hope this helps!