Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#14401 missmely

missmely
  • Jr. Member
  • 151 posts

    Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

    yep!

    we go down to shop once in a while, I just make a trip to the post office to get the stuff.
     

    Originally Posted by sophie23 

    Thank you! So you've been shipping all those things to Buffalo and then you drive from Toronto to get them? I'm not sure I understand??



     



    #14402 carsns38

    carsns38
    • Site Supporter
    • 40 posts

      Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:04 PM



      Originally Posted by murmel 

      Welcome home MRS! So glad you had a great time, and that hubby liked his surprise gift! Can't wait to see some pictures



       

       

      Thanks so much!!! Yes he loved his surprise gift...lol!  Here are a few pics from the wedding

       

      MCB_0184.JPG

       

      MCB_0421.JPG

       

      MCB_0475.JPG

       



       

       



      #14403 carsns38

      carsns38
      • Site Supporter
      • 40 posts

        Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:32 PM



        Originally Posted by sophie23 

        Happy New Year!!!

         

        I was thinking of maybe giving maracas as a favour. I know a few of you have done this and I would like to know where you bought them? In Cancun, Playa Del Carmen or from Lomas???  Any suggestion would help :)

         

        Has anyone ordered churros at their reception?

         

        Thanks again...101 days until I get married!!!!!!


        We bought our maracas from Amols and were able to get them all in one colour.  The duty was pretty steep though.  Also, it was a big pain to get our 30 large pairs down to Mexico.  We had to split them up between our parents and bridal party because they took up a lot of space.  Overall, the guests really loved them.  After a while, the shaking started to get a bit annoying, especially when my M-I-L was drunk and shaking them all the time....lol.  We made sure that the wording on our maraca card at the very end said "the bride and groom kiss tonight" but it didn't specify to kiss each other.  After we had a few kisses, we started to go out to our guests and gave them kisses on the cheek.  The kids were hiding from us at this point.  If you have a larger group, you may want to buy them there, especially with luggage restrictions.  I think they sold for 55 pesos a pair in the hotel and you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere. With the duty, the maracas probably cost about the same price that they were in the hotel.  One maraca per person probably would have been better for us, instead of two. Or buying the smallest size available. In the end, it was fun for everyone. 
         

         



        #14404 murmel

        murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

        Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:34 PM



        Originally Posted by carsns38 

        Thanks so much!!! Yes he loved his surprise gift...lol!  Here are a few pics from the wedding

         

         

         

         

         

        MCB_0475.JPG

         

        Beautiful! Love the sparkly touches on the dress :)
         

         


        Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

         

        Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

         

        Official Azul Sensatori thread:

        http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

         

        Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

        http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


        #14405 evac

        evac
        • Newbie
        • 15 posts

          Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

          Hi Everyone!

           

          I am totally new here today and I am so excited and have a few questions. Does anyone have any pics of the sky wedding at Azul Sensatori? It is our number one choice for our December 2012 wedding. This place looks amazing and I cannot wait to finally get there. We are actually thinking about going down in May just to scope it out. :)

           

          Thanks so much!

           

          Eva



          #14406 Tikka

          Tikka
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

            Hey

             

            Im in the beginning stages of planning my wedding at azul Sensatori and already we have had a mishap. I have a wonderful TA and got pricing really fast. So we went ahead and put our deposits down on our flights and the deposit down on the hotel. I just received a call from my TA saying that the airlines screwed up and gave me pricing for this past dec rather then this coming dec. Right now pricing is way higher then I want my guest to pay. My TA has reassured me that pricing will be very close to what I was originally quoted but now we have to play the waiting game for prices to come out. It's frustrating cuz I thought I was ahead of the game but feel really unorganized now. Oh well it will eventually come all together. It's nice to vent. On a side note: Has anyone taken there own lights for the gazebo at zavas plaza and if so are the plug ins the same as Canada's?

             

            Thanks



            #14407 murmel

            murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

            Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:55 PM



            Originally Posted by Tikka 

            Hey

             

            Im in the beginning stages of planning my wedding at azul Sensatori and already we have had a mishap. I have a wonderful TA and got pricing really fast. So we went ahead and put our deposits down on our flights and the deposit down on the hotel. I just received a call from my TA saying that the airlines screwed up and gave me pricing for this past dec rather then this coming dec. Right now pricing is way higher then I want my guest to pay. My TA has reassured me that pricing will be very close to what I was originally quoted but now we have to play the waiting game for prices to come out. It's frustrating cuz I thought I was ahead of the game but feel really unorganized now. Oh well it will eventually come all together. It's nice to vent. On a side note: Has anyone taken there own lights for the gazebo at zavas plaza and if so are the plug ins the same as Canada's?

             

            Thanks

            I understand your frustration about the pricing, but usually they don't have prices til early spring for next winter, so just take your time. We started watching the prices with our TA about a year in advance and the prices finally got to what we were happy with about 8 months in advance. So don't worry it will all work out!

             

            As for electrical, Mexico is the same as Canada. So whatever you use here you can plug in there. And there are lots of plugs all over the grounds of the Sensatori, so no worries there. We brought a iPod dock with us and played music where ever we were sitting with friends and family. We had paper lanterns with LED throws in them for Zavas Plaza, but didn't bother with extra lights.
             

             


            Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

             

            Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

             

            Official Azul Sensatori thread:

            http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

             

            Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

            http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


            #14408 missmely

            missmely
            • Jr. Member
            • 151 posts

              Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

              Hi Eva,

              if you browse Elizabeth Medina's blog posts you'll find tons! we booked our wedding there and can't wait! I'll bring pictures back... only a month to go!

               

              Melissa
               

              Originally Posted by evac 

              Hi Everyone!

               

              I am totally new here today and I am so excited and have a few questions. Does anyone have any pics of the sky wedding at Azul Sensatori? It is our number one choice for our December 2012 wedding. This place looks amazing and I cannot wait to finally get there. We are actually thinking about going down in May just to scope it out. :)

               

              Thanks so much!

               

              Eva



               



              #14409 Krysta Lee

              Krysta Lee
              • Newbie
              • 5 posts

                Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

                Thank you so much for the info! I will look in to her!:) I need to buckle down and so more wedding planning!!

                Hi! Krysta. Welcome! :) 

                 

                When I posted the same question, I was given the following photographers who came highly recommended by the other brides:  Del Sol Photography, Ivan Luckie, Taylor Jackson and Elizabeth Media. I decided on Elizabeth Medina b/c i fell in love with her pictures. She is pricey but I did not mind b/c pictures are really important to me. So, definitely look at each of their websites to see their work and even send them all emails asking questions and their prices. Here is Elizabeth Medina's website if you would like to check out her work:

                 

                http://www.elizabeth...hotography.com/



                 



                 



                #14410 Krysta Lee

                Krysta Lee
                • Newbie
                • 5 posts

                  Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:55 PM


                  Thanks ladies for the info.. Its greatly appreciated!! 

                  Originally Posted by Mwise17 


                  Her pictures are beautiful...I am sure you will love them!!

                   

                  KRYSTA:

                  I used Ivan luckie....I still have yet to see one of my photos, I wish one teaser came my way (wedding day was October 24th)....

                  I can't give a full review on him until I see the pics, obviously.

                  :)

                   

                  Good luck



                   



                   






                  1 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users