Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#12951 Mwise17

Mwise17
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hey Murmel!  :)

We got an all in deal for $1575 per person.  (deal?  not sure...hahhaha, but it was the lowest price we had come across)....

I don't know where else they might be looking, but a lot of people think if they wait last minute they can get it cheaper...I don't know how else to respond but to tell them how often the hotel sells out!  I took the risk of putting down the deposit for my peace of mind, I will be OK if we lose a couple hundred. 

The legal ceremony is sounding more and more like a pain in the butt....and with more thought, the idea of getting married here sounds like it won't take away from the day...that was what I was worried about.

I assumed whomever was officiating our wedding would have an accent, but its sounding like the judges that do the legal are harder to understand then the ministers?  hmmmmmmmm......

Originally Posted by murmel 

I was told you had to have your birth certificates translated into Spanish, then your legal marriage certificate would be in Spanish, which you would then have to translate back into english. We just thought it would be easier to do it all in Canada.

Plus it worked out quite well for us. My mother has been ill for many years and is bed-ridden. So she got to attend my "wedding". We had a judge come to the nursing home and he married us in front of my mom. So even though she couldn't attend my Mexico wedding, so was there for my legal one!

Not to be nosy, but what rate did you get? And is it for the room only, or a package deal (ie. flight/transfer and hotel)? We had some people tell us they would wait, do it on their own, and then they realized our rate was far better. Also they should know that there is only ONE company that can sell access to the Sensatori property from Canada (other than booking through the hotel directly which would be really expensive). Sunwing still has exclusive rights to that hotel. Let your guests know you have arranged a group rate and it's a confirmed room....if they wait to long they might miss out. 

Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be. We lost some of our deposit because guests flew in from other cities than we had planned for....but in the end all of our guests got a rate they were really happy with.

The Bonfire is on the actual hotel website, under Family (I think?). We were just not happy with the times they offered...who wants to make smores at 6pm???? At the resort they offered 7-9pm, but I thought it was still too early. They will set up the bonfire down on the beach, I think there was 2 locations offered, but not entirely sure anymore.

#12952 Mwise17

Mwise17
    • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

Thanks Maggie...it helps to hear what others are doing and why.

:)

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

Like the ladies below we are getting married Saturday by minister friend we know. For us we just didn't want to go thru the hassle or worry about translating everything and having to take the time to go get a blood test down there. On Sat we are not saying vows, or rings or anything. The minister has to ask us 3 questions (basically are you coming into this of your own free will and do you take you and vice versus then signing our certificate. I don't view it as anything other than making the US Gov't and the IRS happy with a piece of paper

Quote:

I used weddingwire.com at first but then really just sat down and mapped everything out on my own based first on a pretty detailed budget. i arranged what I was paying for in the order it needed to be done. Hope that helps!

This was awesome and made me excited to leave on Tuesday!

#12953 Afaybik

Afaybik
      • 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

My daughter (melfaybik) May 28, is getting legally married in Colorado the day before she leaves for Mexico.  In Colorado the bride and groom can marry each other legally with no judge, no vows, nothing except signing the marriage certificate and all you need is $30.00 and a driver's license!  Colorado is I think the only state that allows couples to marry themselves!  She too was so set on doing a legal ceremony in Mexico until she found out that the judges speak very, very little english and it is very hard to understand anything they are saying.  Her friend who got married in October found this out the hard way...no one understood the ceremony including the bride and groom!   The ministers that do speak english are not really minister persay but they are employees of the hotel that speak very good english!  Hope this helps!

#12954 mrsclerville

mrsclerville
        • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by murmel 

I was told you had to have your birth certificates translated into Spanish, then your legal marriage certificate would be in Spanish, which you would then have to translate back into english. We just thought it would be easier to do it all in Canada.

Plus it worked out quite well for us. My mother has been ill for many years and is bed-ridden. So she got to attend my "wedding". We had a judge come to the nursing home and he married us in front of my mom. So even though she couldn't attend my Mexico wedding, so was there for my legal one!

Not to be nosy, but what rate did you get? And is it for the room only, or a package deal (ie. flight/transfer and hotel)? We had some people tell us they would wait, do it on their own, and then they realized our rate was far better. Also they should know that there is only ONE company that can sell access to the Sensatori property from Canada (other than booking through the hotel directly which would be really expensive). Sunwing still has exclusive rights to that hotel. Let your guests know you have arranged a group rate and it's a confirmed room....if they wait to long they might miss out. 

Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be. We lost some of our deposit because guests flew in from other cities than we had planned for....but in the end all of our guests got a rate they were really happy with.

The Bonfire is on the actual hotel website, under Family (I think?). We were just not happy with the times they offered...who wants to make smores at 6pm???? At the resort they offered 7-9pm, but I thought it was still too early. They will set up the bonfire down on the beach, I think there was 2 locations offered, but not entirely sure anymore.

Thanks so much!! However I googled the bonfire setup and came across a picture of the setup. It looks really thrown together and kinda "bootleg" actually. It sucks b/c the idea I had in my head was really incredible. Ahhh well, can't have it all!!!

#12955 mrsgoose

mrsgoose
          • 43 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

My final spreadsheet and payment is due Monday!  Yikes!!  I can't believe it's only 45 days away.  I'm starting to stress because I can't get a hold of my wedding planner and I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff!! 

Does anyone have their final spreadsheet that they wouldn't mind sharing?  I just want to be sure I'm not forgetting anything!  My email is kmasiroff@hotmail.com.  Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

#12956 Afaybik

Afaybik
            • 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Don't worry!  My daughter's final detail sheet was also due 45 days ahead of time and she kept changing things so her final detail sheet went in today May 5th and her wedding is May 28th.  They kept telling her they needed it 45 ahead of time but that is really flexible as you can see!  Good Luck!  You might PM Melfaybik and she can send you her final detail sheet!

#12957 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
              • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

Just emailed to you :)

Originally Posted by mrsgoose 

My final spreadsheet and payment is due Monday!  Yikes!!  I can't believe it's only 45 days away.  I'm starting to stress because I can't get a hold of my wedding planner and I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff!! 

Does anyone have their final spreadsheet that they wouldn't mind sharing?  I just want to be sure I'm not forgetting anything!  My email is kmasiroff@hotmail.com.  Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#12958 Mwise17

Mwise17
                • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Thank you!  It totally does, and makes sense about why their english is so good!  :)

Originally Posted by Afaybik 

My daughter (melfaybik) May 28, is getting legally married in Colorado the day before she leaves for Mexico.  In Colorado the bride and groom can marry each other legally with no judge, no vows, nothing except signing the marriage certificate and all you need is $30.00 and a driver's license!  Colorado is I think the only state that allows couples to marry themselves!  She too was so set on doing a legal ceremony in Mexico until she found out that the judges speak very, very little english and it is very hard to understand anything they are saying.  Her friend who got married in October found this out the hard way...no one understood the ceremony including the bride and groom!   The ministers that do speak english are not really minister persay but they are employees of the hotel that speak very good english!  Hope this helps!

#12959 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Just saw pictures of Tisha Wedding on Facebook and she looks AWESOME!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

Happy Wedding Day Tisha!! 

She's always my EARLY morning email buddy, so I'm having withdrawls today :)  haha. 

I've noticed our photographer is posting updates on her blog, so she might post a few pics of Tisha today... http://maria-angela.com/blog/   (click on Recent Work)

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#12960 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                    • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

OK Ladies Who are we missing?

May 2011

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeCF2BR – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

*Lyndsey* - May 17, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

melfaybik - May 28, 2011 AB

bryteyedbride - May 28th 2011

Vic0214 – May 31, 2011

June 2011

ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

Lovethebeach10 - June 5th 2011

gom4good - June 9th 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

tundereha = June 12, 2011

Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

July 2011

Stephanie July 3rd, 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

September 2011

Justiner57 September 4 2011

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

jerseylili - October 29, 2011 AVC

November 2011

Jesse Nov 12, 2011

Nada Nov 15 2011

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012

papertaco - Feb 18, 2012

March 2012

popo28 â€“ March 10 , 2012

April 2012

Maritza919 April 7, 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012  

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users