• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#10621 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki O 

Did anyone or is anyone planning on using votive candles for the beach reception? I was just wondering if wind would be a problem.

We are using LED lights. I got them from Dollar Tree 2 in a pack for $1. I will be selling all of my stuff when it's all said and done if anyone is interested in them. I have 72 tealights and they flicker like fire. I actually tested them against more expensive LED's and liked the look of these cheaper ones better.

Originally Posted by chong 

Hello Ladies! I am back!!! Everything went so fast... we got back on Friday night and we've been super lazy :)

I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Let me know if you have any questions!!!

I found my dress :) Went yesterday and tried on a few and wound up with the one that I was mainly going to look at...sooooo excited!  Not planning on ordering till February....but I found my dress :)

Pretty!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaz2be 

I posted in the etiquette forum but I have a situation/question that I would love some advice on from you all:

I know you got answers already but I would definitely consult the mutual friend first. The conversation may have come up between them already and your questions may be answered without ruffling any feathers. HTH!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

I had wanted to find hot pink heels, but wasn't having much luck.  So, when I came across comfy, cute champagne heels for only $9, I bought them.  Then, I thought I would dress 'em up myself.  I like the peacock feathers and I was excited about it, but my fiance made a face.  He wasn't a fan.  Thoughts?

I'm not a big "omg I love...colour X".  

For my wedding  however I am a fan of a deep purple (plum) or burgandy if pushed into a corner to decide.   So...I've looked at a few websites, incl "the knot" and I am not convinced by any one colour as "awesome"....

but I am partial to the plum/purple:

the debate (all including green and likely some white with a plum backdrop):

purple and orange

purple and yellow

purple and lime only

another combo???

My style is- sharp, modern and simple.

Thoughts?

Hi Ladies -

Sorry I have been MIA. I've been back for almost a week and have been thrown back into the thick of it at work. I will post a review eventually and am happy to answer some questions for you as well.

Congrats MRS!!! Welcome back.

#10622 taylorwd

taylorwd
    • 932 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr 

Can't believe yours is over already! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready to get it over with and I'm not. I have no clue what I'm going to do next month without wedding stuff to plan.

Meredith, you are soooooooo close!!!!  I'm so excited for you! 

What are you going to do when you don't have wedding planning?  Enjoy blissful post-wedding life as a MRS doing anything and everything BUT wedding planning!!  I think you'll find yourself saying "Wow I didn't realize how much wedding planning had consumed my life!" 

Plus you'll be drooling over the fab wedding pics you're GUARANTEED to have   I can't wait to see Andrew's work!

#10623 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

Meredith, How was your Boudoir Shoot in Houston

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#10624 beaz2be

beaz2be
        • 256 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Welcome home MRS. Amanda!!! 

Whoa...that is kinda crazy.  The spa menu I have says $85 for make-up (50mins).  And that includes a preview.

Which spa menu do you have?

Thanks for this suggestion.  I'm definitely going to talk it over with her too. 

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr 

Quote:

I know you got answers already but I would definitely consult the mutual friend first. The conversation may have come up between them already and your questions may be answered without ruffling any feathers. HTH!

#10625 Ms.H

Ms.H
          • 169 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

Your hair looked great! I'm impressed with the spa!

Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ 

Arkae - i used the spa for my hair.  I didn't do a trial.  I wanted my hair down but it was so windy we had to put it up, so I seriously had no inspiration pics to show them lol.  It worked out.  Oh and it stayed together the whole day.  Didn't move an inch lol.  Here are some pics:

IMG0274.jpgIMG1370.jpgIMG1182.jpg

#10626 Ms.H

Ms.H
            • 169 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

Me too!

Arent their make-up prices rediculous? Its crazy what they charge!

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

I am using the resort for Hair. but their Make-up prices were too expensive

#10627 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
              • 239 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

I got my hair down at the spa and loved it. Even though I think I was quoted $80 from my Miami WC they only charged me $50 onsite and it was well worth it. I didn't do a hair trial and I knew what I wanted but my girl was great and let me talk her through it as we were going. If I didn't like it I am sure she would have taken the time to fix it/do it over again. The salon staff was really wonderful.

Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#10628 arkae

arkae
                • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

thanks! ...i was just going to ask if anyone had gone with a specific style in mind and if what they got was pretty close or not....so that's great to hear :)

Originally Posted by amandamarieb 

I got my hair down at the spa and loved it. Even though I think I was quoted $80 from my Miami WC they only charged me $50 onsite and it was well worth it. I didn't do a hair trial and I knew what I wanted but my girl was great and let me talk her through it as we were going. If I didn't like it I am sure she would have taken the time to fix it/do it over again. The salon staff was really wonderful.

#10629 arkae

arkae
                  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

another random question for you ladies! :)

.....does the hotel provide the cake knife/server set for the cake cutting?

#10630 beaz2be

beaz2be
                    • 256 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

Amanda, did you put your hair apt etc. on your details sheet?  Or did you just tell them when you got there.  I'm worried that I'll want to know that we have booked enough time in the spa (making me want to book it on my sheet) ... but don't want to be charged a potentially higher amount because I book/pay ahead of time.  Thoughts?

Originally Posted by amandamarieb 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users