Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yay!!  So glad everyone is getting use out of them.  I wanted to post just one of the pictures nice and big.  Its one of my favorites and when its big it gives a sense of really being inside the gazebo looking at the Beach BBQ area :)

 

If it doesn't post like I'm planning, I can email it to anyone interested.

 

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post


Ditto everyone's thank you to Jaime.  Those pics are great!


 


Inside_Gazebo.JPG
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime - thanks so much for the pics!!! Is the one you just posted the gazebo near the Pier?  I think it is...also had you not brought your pics I wouldn't have thought to request a ceremony location so  many thanks again!hug2.gif

 

Also for bags I also found some jute bags on discountmugs.com that have a front closure too.  I thought about monograming them and thought that other people may not want my monogram...duh!  So, a friend suggested customizing each bag with the guest's monogram via stenciling.  I went to Hobby Lobby, bought initial stencils (4in or 5in, can't remember) and paint in my wedding colors and plan to stencil them.  I'm still looking for something to go around the initial but I think I can find something.  Of course, we are having a smaller wedding so I only have to do about 15 or so.  I am not crafty in the least but it appears rather easy.  Just an idea for you DIYers. 


 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Yay!!  So glad everyone is getting use out of them.  I wanted to post just one of the pictures nice and big.  Its one of my favorites and when its big it gives a sense of really being inside the gazebo looking at the Beach BBQ area :)

 

If it doesn't post like I'm planning, I can email it to anyone interested.

 


Inside_Gazebo.JPG
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went through all the pictures and I must say I am thrilled we picked AS!! =) Thank you sooooo much Jaime for taking those pictures! They looked amazing!!
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Okie Dokie... I uploaded all of the pictures from my March site visit too.

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/view/id/8388/user_id/30664

 

I'm sure this is photo overload, but I figured better to share too many pics than too little!   The jpeg of each photo is pretty large, so if there are specific ones you'd like me to send you just let me know the title(s).  I can probably fit 2-3 per email.

 

Enjoy!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

 

LOVE, LOVE the bags!!!  Though, I don't see any on there with front flap and closure.....  I have really been struggling with what bags to do and I think you solved my problem.  I really hate the brightly colored "beach bags" every other place has.  Def wanted something a little different.  I also am considering doing the bags similar to what you see as cloth grocery bags.  I feel people will be more likely to use them again.

 

Also, are you all putting your name and date  on them??  I had though about just putting Puerto Morelos with the date so maybe they will be more likely to use again.  I'm pretty sure people don't want to carry around a bag with mine and FI name on it....  :)

 

 

 

Oh, the chicken and the surf and turf sounds delicious!!!  I wasn't really liking the options in the banquet kit......  I would love more details.  You can PM me or e-mail at amcferron@yahoo.com.  Thanks!!

 

 

 

Thanks. Here's the photo of the bags. Like I said I had them custom printed with our initails, Riviera Maya and our wedding date. I am sad that the handles don't match the rest of the bags but for the price, customization and overall quality, I am pretty darn happy. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

The good thing about the pool area and the beach is you really would have to go out of your way to see each other.  Its elevated well above head level, so someone from your pool reception would have to go to the edge and look down and over at Chong's reception to see anything.  Depending on how loud your music is, you might be able to hear each other...but thats still doubtful.  I think the onsite team does a really good job of making you feel like you are the only person getting married, so if they feel your locations would interfere with each other, they won't let you book it.

 

Hope this makes you both feel a little at ease.

 

 

 

Ahh! This does make me feel better. Thanks so much. Chong, PM me so we can talk about pier shots. :)

 

weclome bags.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also ladies...my latest project is getting all of my printing done. I am working with a wonderful vednor on estsy hwo is custom designing programs, table numbers, seat cards, menus, guest book signs, signature menu signes, you name it. She's great to work with and is giving me a wonderful price. I am happy to recommend her once she's finished my projects.

 

As you know I am going for an "antique'd romance" theme with antique picture frames and hummingbirds. Attached is the dinner menu she designed for me. It will be printed on ivory shimmer cardstock. I am so excited.

wedding menu.bmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your bags  and menus look great!!!  Love the antique'd romance theme!

 

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post




Thanks. Here's the photo of the bags. Like I said I had them custom printed with our initails, Riviera Maya and our wedding date. I am sad that the handles don't match the rest of the bags but for the price, customization and overall quality, I am pretty darn happy. :)

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 


Ahh! This does make me feel better. Thanks so much. Chong, PM me so we can talk about pier shots. :)
 



weclome bags.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Well I tried to get the rooms offered at 800 but not happening (they wouldnt let us stay one week in a jr jacuzzi and then upgrade the second week, so dumb!) . .  anyways, we are now staying for the whole 2 weeks in the swim up rooms for about 1285 pp extra for each of us.  Haven't told my FI yet, will just avoid this for awhile, he will not be very happy!  Oh well! = )  thats life sometimes!   So does that mean we have our own little pool in the back of our room?  I have to go creep on some pictures so to remind myself what they look like.  Can you swim to the main pool from your room?  Ok just sharing my update!  thanks for all the feedback! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I just went and looked at all Jamie's pics from March, that is so helpful, thank you!!  The swim up looks lovely!  We are going to have our reception dinner in the restaurant, are you only allowed to have it at Spoons?  also wondering how we go about planning the menu.  I just emailed my WC today and asked a lot of questions, so I;m hoping she gets back to me soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello,

Just need to vent a little.  FI is mad at me about pricing for our honeymoon week.  It will be an extra 800 for each of us to stay the extra week.  I was okay with this but my FI is still mad I didn't book us somewhere with "bride and groom stay free" and thinks my TA is just taking advantage and making money off us.  He wants me to tell my TA that is too much money and that he should do better for us.  or what?  im not sure.  We have obviously signed our contract, booked our guests, I have explained to him all the reasons we chose this resort (kid friendly, catholic ceremony, close to airport, nice resort with good food) and this is the resort we chose.  Anyways, he is still mad and wants me to email.  he is actually looking over my shoulder and thinking I am writing to our TA now, lol, obviously I am not!!  Also thinks I am too nice and letting TA take advantage of us.  I am not a confrontational person and I think our TA is being honest with us about pricing from the suppliers.  I am not paying for the wedding, he is, so he does get a say but still!!  he is driving me crazy!!  So much for an easy beach wedding lol!  i know it will be all worth it, but this is what I'm dealing with!  Thanks for listening, I feel like no one else understands what I'm going through.  Thank God for this forum!

 

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

Is it really 7 nights you are staying extra??  If so, I think the $800 per person is a phenomenal deal!! 
 


 


I have to agree with everyone else that this is an AMAZING deal!!!  I saw you just posted that you booked for a bit more per person.  Maybe you need to show your FI other comparable resort and the prices they're offering.  It just takes getting a bit more involved in this process to realize what a steal you're getting.

 

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

One more question.....

 

Are people able to decide at the dinner or are you putting the options on your invites???

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Its my understanding people can decide at the dinner.  I sure hope this is the case, because I have no intention of making people decide in rsvps.  This is what I was told verbally from the onsite team, but I'll get it in writing from the WC though once I make my selections.


So definitely make sure you get this in writing!  One reason we went with a Set Menu instead of giving our guests a choice of two entrees is because we were told they needed the head count of who was eating which entree two weeks before the wedding.

 

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Also ladies...my latest project is getting all of my printing done. I am working with a wonderful vednor on estsy hwo is custom designing programs, table numbers, seat cards, menus, guest book signs, signature menu signes, you name it. She's great to work with and is giving me a wonderful price. I am happy to recommend her once she's finished my projects.

 

As you know I am going for an "antique'd romance" theme with antique picture frames and hummingbirds. Attached is the dinner menu she designed for me. It will be printed on ivory shimmer cardstock. I am so excited.

wedding menu.bmp


Ooooh, lovely!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post




This kit seems to update often, so I'll post it for anyones quick reference... I found these in the pick & choose section of the private event kit on Karisma's website (pages 7 & 8 I think)... http://www.karismahotels.com/sites/default/files/WeddingBanquetKit_0.pdf


 


Its my understanding people can decide at the dinner.  I sure hope this is the case, because I have no intention of making people decide in rsvps.  This is what I was told verbally from the onsite team, but I'll get it in writing from the WC though once I make my selections.


 


I really have no idea how they will charge for having 2 options.  Worse case scenario, they would charge all meals the more expensive price.  I'm trying to pick two meals similar in price, so there isnt a huge shocker if they do it this way.

 

Sorry I only have halfway answers for now :)

 

Are their any past brides that offered more than one main entree?  How did this work when your bill came?

 

This is my first successful Multi-Quote...woop woop!!
 

I will have to look into the 2 meal option. I was always under the impression you could only choose one dish as the main. Gosh, that would make my life so much easier if we could offer a choice!

 

And congrats on the mulit-post and thanks again for all the pictures!



 

Originally Posted by rkf1046 View Post

Jaime - thanks so much for the pics!!! Is the one you just posted the gazebo near the Pier?  I think it is...also had you not brought your pics I wouldn't have thought to request a ceremony location so  many thanks again!hug2.gif

 

Also for bags I also found some jute bags on discountmugs.com that have a front closure too.  I thought about monograming them and thought that other people may not want my monogram...duh!  So, a friend suggested customizing each bag with the guest's monogram via stenciling.  I went to Hobby Lobby, bought initial stencils (4in or 5in, can't remember) and paint in my wedding colors and plan to stencil them.  I'm still looking for something to go around the initial but I think I can find something.  Of course, we are having a smaller wedding so I only have to do about 15 or so.  I am not crafty in the least but it appears rather easy.  Just an idea for you DIYers. 
 

Love the stencil idea. I will have to look into this. I am currently sewing my OOT bags myself. At the start we figured on 30-ish guests....LOL we are now up to 57 and counting, so I have a bit of work to do, but more importantly I need more fabric. :)


 

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello,

Well I tried to get the rooms offered at 800 but not happening (they wouldnt let us stay one week in a jr jacuzzi and then upgrade the second week, so dumb!) . .  anyways, we are now staying for the whole 2 weeks in the swim up rooms for about 1285 pp extra for each of us.  Haven't told my FI yet, will just avoid this for awhile, he will not be very happy!  Oh well! = )  thats life sometimes!   So does that mean we have our own little pool in the back of our room?  I have to go creep on some pictures so to remind myself what they look like.  Can you swim to the main pool from your room?  Ok just sharing my update!  thanks for all the feedback! 

Sorry to hear you couldn't get your orginial quote of $800, but $1285 is still awesome. We are staying for the 2 weeks and our price is way higher (I think it's about $1570). If your FI is so worried about the cost, you could always fly home after the week, and then do a last minute selloff (but of course you don't know what will be offered). Hopefully he will take some time to look at prices of other resorts and just compare. Good luck!

 

Talking about venting and stress, the last week has been insane. I finally listed my house for sale, and it sold conditionally in 36 hours (selling my house, cause I moved in with FI). Anyway the buyers inspected the house mulitple times over,and then today told me I had to reduce the price by at least $10000 to redo the boiler/furnace system to what they wanted. Keep in mind that the furnace/boiler both work right now. There were a few other little things, and I agreed to reduce the price slightly. But the buyer told me that wasn't enough. I don't know what they are expecting...you buy a house, and then choose to do improvements yourself, you can't expect a 70 year old house to be perfect! Sigh....anyway the deal's off, and I am hoping another comes soon! I just hope it sells soon, so I can concentrate on wedding stuff :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×