Jump to content

Recommended Posts


 

Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post


Hey!

 

I was just there 2 days ago( just got back from EDR today)  I felt it was stuffy and hot at the Zavaz Plaza and we were there around 730 pm.  I knew immediately I could not have a reception there as I would be too hot in a wedding dress, dancing.  The beach was definitely cooler in my opinion, not by that much tho.

 

Hope that helps!

 

 


 


So, what were your thoughts on the resorts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what we tried.  We didn't love any of the set menus, so we are making our own.  All of these were amazing, so its going to be tough to pick! 

 

1) Herb Roasted Half Chicken, Fennel Whipped Potatoes and Honey-Anis Glazed Carrots

2) Seared Beef Filet Mignon, Carmalized Onion-Potato Gratin and La Cetto Shiraz Wine Sauce

3) Petite Filet Mignon and Caribbean Lobster, Goat Cheese Potato Gratin Honey-Shallot-Pinot Noir Sauce 

 

4) Rack of Lamb with Olive Tapanade Crust, Red Wine Risotto and Basil Oil (Not enough people eat lamb, so we probably won't pick this one.  FI insisted on trying this though...and its his wedding too :).  It was very tasty though if anyone likes lamb)


If any of you are considering any of these, let me know and I can give you more details.
 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post


Hey Jaime,

 

What food did you try?  Do you recall what menu it was from?  I can't decide which menu to go with!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

This is what we tried.  We didn't love any of the set menus, so we are making our own.  All of these were amazing, so its going to be tough to pick! 

 

1) Herb Roasted Half Chicken, Fennel Whipped Potatoes and Honey-Anis Glazed Carrots

 

2) Seared Beef Filet Mignon, Carmalized Onion-Potato Gratin and La Cetto Shiraz Wine Sauce

 

3) Petite Filet Mignon and Caribbean Lobster, Goat Cheese Potato Gratin Honey-Shallot-Pinot Noir Sauce 

 

4) Rack of Lamb with Olive Tapanade Crust, Red Wine Risotto and Basil Oil (Not enough people eat lamb, so we probably won't pick this one.  FI insisted on trying this though...and its his wedding too :).  It was very tasty though if anyone likes lamb)

 

If any of you are considering any of these, let me know and I can give you more details.

 

 

 

Hmm, how are you making your own?  What are you considering?  The chicken or the beef sound good to me.  I would prefer to offer two dishes though so people have an option.  Is that what you are thinking?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, we are planning to give guests 2 options for the main entree.  Then just one for the appetizer & desert.  When we met with the onsite coordinator in March they recommended offering no more than 2 options because it can slow down the service and lessen the quality.  He said we are allowed to do any combo and as many options as we want...this was just their recommendation.  We appreciated this honestly and will definitely take their advice!

 

I think we will go with the chicken and surf/turf.  The larger filet mignon was amazing (and cooked perfectly), but the surf/turf presentation was awesome!  The filet was much smaller, but it included full lobster tail!

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post



 

Hmm, how are you making your own?  What are you considering?  The chicken or the beef sound good to me.  I would prefer to offer two dishes though so people have an option.  Is that what you are thinking?
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVE, LOVE the bags!!!  Though, I don't see any on there with front flap and closure.....  I have really been struggling with what bags to do and I think you solved my problem.  I really hate the brightly colored "beach bags" every other place has.  Def wanted something a little different.  I also am considering doing the bags similar to what you see as cloth grocery bags.  I feel people will be more likely to use them again.

 

Also, are you all putting your name and date  on them??  I had though about just putting Puerto Morelos with the date so maybe they will be more likely to use again.  I'm pretty sure people don't want to carry around a bag with mine and FI name on it....  :)
 

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Ok ladies so I have been MIA again. 32 days and I have SOO Much to do. BUT I wanted to let you know that I received my OOT bags today and they are great. Well they are good but for the price, they are AMAZING. I got 75 custom printed lareg jute beach bags with a front flap and a closure for $208 with shipping! I used a site that I haven't heard others mention so I thought I would share the info in case any of you are looking...DiscountFavors.com. Let me know if you have any questions about the bags or the service. Eventually I'll get it together and post my planning thread so for those of you with some time left, you'll get to see the results. :)
 

 



Oh, the chicken and the surf and turf sounds delicious!!!  I wasn't really liking the options in the banquet kit......  I would love more details.  You can PM me or e-mail at amcferron@yahoo.com.  Thanks!!
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

This is what we tried.  We didn't love any of the set menus, so we are making our own.  All of these were amazing, so its going to be tough to pick! 

 

1) Herb Roasted Half Chicken, Fennel Whipped Potatoes and Honey-Anis Glazed Carrots

2) Seared Beef Filet Mignon, Carmalized Onion-Potato Gratin and La Cetto Shiraz Wine Sauce

3) Petite Filet Mignon and Caribbean Lobster, Goat Cheese Potato Gratin Honey-Shallot-Pinot Noir Sauce 

 

4) Rack of Lamb with Olive Tapanade Crust, Red Wine Risotto and Basil Oil (Not enough people eat lamb, so we probably won't pick this one.  FI insisted on trying this though...and its his wedding too :).  It was very tasty though if anyone likes lamb)


If any of you are considering any of these, let me know and I can give you more details.
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more question.....

 

Are people able to decide at the dinner or are you putting the options on your invites???
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Yep, we are planning to give guests 2 options for the main entree.  Then just one for the appetizer & desert.  When we met with the onsite coordinator in March they recommended offering no more than 2 options because it can slow down the service and lessen the quality.  He said we are allowed to do any combo and as many options as we want...this was just their recommendation.  We appreciated this honestly and will definitely take their advice!

 

I think we will go with the chicken and surf/turf.  The larger filet mignon was amazing (and cooked perfectly), but the surf/turf presentation was awesome!  The filet was much smaller, but it included full lobster tail!

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

Yep, we are planning to give guests 2 options for the main entree.  Then just one for the appetizer & desert.  When we met with the onsite coordinator in March they recommended offering no more than 2 options because it can slow down the service and lessen the quality.  He said we are allowed to do any combo and as many options as we want...this was just their recommendation.  We appreciated this honestly and will definitely take their advice!

 

I think we will go with the chicken and surf/turf.  The larger filet mignon was amazing (and cooked perfectly), but the surf/turf presentation was awesome!  The filet was much smaller, but it included full lobster tail!

 

 

 

Okay, just one more question~ Any idea on the difference in price, for offering two?  B/c that sounds like the perfect way to do it!! :o

 

Thanks for all your opinions and information!!  It's greatly appreciated!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

 

Oh, the chicken and the surf and turf sounds delicious!!!  I wasn't really liking the options in the banquet kit......  I would love more details.  You can PM me or e-mail at amcferron@yahoo.com.  Thanks!!

 

 

This kit seems to update often, so I'll post it for anyones quick reference... I found these in the pick & choose section of the private event kit on Karisma's website (pages 7 & 8 I think)... http://www.karismahotels.com/sites/default/files/WeddingBanquetKit_0.pdf

 

 

 

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

 

One more question.....

 

Are people able to decide at the dinner or are you putting the options on your invites???

 

 

 

Its my understanding people can decide at the dinner.  I sure hope this is the case, because I have no intention of making people decide in rsvps.  This is what I was told verbally from the onsite team, but I'll get it in writing from the WC though once I make my selections.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

 

Okay, just one more question~ Any idea on the difference in price, for offering two?  B/c that sounds like the perfect way to do it!! :o

 

Thanks for all your opinions and information!!  It's greatly appreciated!

 

 

I really have no idea how they will charge for having 2 options.  Worse case scenario, they would charge all meals the more expensive price.  I'm trying to pick two meals similar in price, so there isnt a huge shocker if they do it this way.

 

Sorry I only have halfway answers for now :)

 

Are their any past brides that offered more than one main entree?  How did this work when your bill came?

 

This is my first successful Multi-Quote...woop woop!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ditto everyone's thank you to Jaime.  Those pics are great!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

AND A BIG THANK YOU TO JAIME FOR ALL THE PICS!!! 

 

Checking 'em out now!  :o)




Like others said, I think that 800pp for a whole extra week is GREAT.  We're currently looking at moving to another resort for 5-7 days and haven't found anything NEAR that reasonable.

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello,

Just need to vent a little.  FI is mad at me about pricing for our honeymoon week.  It will be an extra 800 for each of us to stay the extra week.  I was okay with this but my FI is still mad I didn't book us somewhere with "bride and groom stay free" and thinks my TA is just taking advantage and making money off us. .....



Amanda, the bags are just GREAT!  Thanks for sharing that website.  It's getting so close for you!!!  how exciting!!
 

 

Have any past brides done the buffet?  I'm more of a buffet girl myself than a plated dinner (more casual I feel somehow.  And that way big or small eaters can get their fill).  Is anyone else considering the Deluxe BBQ Buffet?  I'm hoping that the food is good - as it seems all the food at AS gets relatively strong reviews. 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

....

 

Are their any past brides that offered more than one main entree?  How did this work when your bill came?

 

This is my first successful Multi-Quote...woop woop!!
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
    • Hi I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about any arrangement for your sister marriage. So many websites are available in the market whose helping you for choosing the beautiful flower arrangement for your sister marriage. You can go to some good websites and solve your problem regarding flower arrangement for your sister marriage.  My brother was getting marriage in last month, I was also facing this problem on that time. I have been searching so many websites that have helped me to getting  wedding arrangement. One of the websites was Asian Venue Guide which helped me for selecting a beautiful flower for reception hall as well as for stage also. I hope this helps you also 
    • look like Is really amazing cloth bag.I like it
    • Hi all, My younger sister is 5 months carrying. She is suffering from hearing loss now. She was perfectly alright before she got conceived. But once she got conceived her hearing ability started getting reduced. Is it quite common now? What would be the reason for hearing loss during the pregnancy period? After scanning the doctor said that the baby is underweight. Since she is suffering from severe vomiting, she is not eating any food. Hence she seems to be very weak. The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicines for her to stay healthy and to deliver a healthy baby. In the midst of all these she is also undergoing the treatment under a hearing aid audiologist in order to improve her hearing ability. Will she completely regain her hearing ability?
  • Topics

×