Jump to content

Recommended Posts

One more thing......where did you girls get your TTD dress? I want to do a shoot and don't want to actually use my dress. Someone said earlier they got it from some out of country site? Just curious...I don't want to spend more than $100 on it. -rin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandbrent2010 View Post
Hi Girls-I'm Erin and I'm getting married at Azul Sensatori May 14th 2010. I've been reading some of the posts on here and it's been very helpful. I do have a question about what everyone is doing with decorating the gazebo. It's pretty expensive to buy those colored sheets. Is anyone bringing that from home? Also-bridesmaid boquets. I have seen that some people make silk boquets to match the 'real' brides boquet and bring those. Any thoughts?
-Erin
Hi Erin! Welcome and congrats! I'm leaving Mexico on the 14th!

I'm paying for the fabric, I'm just using white fabric so it's like $60 each I think? I am bringing SO much with me already, I need to rent half and bring half with me.

My quote for flowers was so proposterous that I am having real touch flowers and NO real flowers at my wedding. I saved thousands of dollars by doing this. I hired a professional to make all the bouquests, boutinierres, corsages, cake flowers and even centerpiece flowers (they will be submerged in water anyways) and my cost is much less. The downside is having to bring extra stuff but worth the savings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post

I'm having a legal day AFTER Mexico in Vegas baby! My wedding party already knows about this because they are all invited. We are renting a giant suite in Vegas and inviting our people to come down and all crash in the suite with us and we will have an Elvis ceremony, then go directly out to party with our friends! Can't wait :)
OMG that is so awesome!! I can't think of a better way to have a second ceremony.

For our legal ceremony, we're going to the JP on April 1st. April Fool's Day seemed like an appropriate day to us! Those in our family who have asked know that we'll be going to a JP and that Mexico isn't our legal ceremony. We're putting so much into the Mexico ceremony (we've asked my brother to officiate in Mexico and we're writing the ceremony ourselves, for example), and we're putting nothing into our legal ceremony. So, our families have been okay with it thus far. We're treating Mexico like it is our legal ceremony; it's the one with meaning in our books. However, no one knows when we're actually going to the JP. That's our little secret :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Katie wow you did a LOT! Congrats on losing weight too that's awesome!

Katie I agree, all the payments are due now and it's like my head is swirling with spending money. I have no one that has contributed a dime to my wedding either... and to boot, I've had to loan BOTH my mom and FI's parents a substantial amount of money in the month of January... talk about added stress.
Yes, Katie, congratulations to you!!! Better to have it too big than too small.

I'm with you ladies on the money thing. We're paying for everything ourselves (including footing the bill for my mom to go to Mexico), and it's been tough. February was the "uh-oh" month for us. Photography payments and room payments came due. Up until then it had been small payments (that added up to quite a lot, mind you), but now it's huge payments at one time. It's hard to wrap my brain around these dollar figures!! Next up, on Wednesday our Karisma payment is due for the wedding.

Whatever happened to parents and family footing the bill, lol??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandbrent2010 View Post
One more thing......where did you girls get your TTD dress? I want to do a shoot and don't want to actually use my dress. Someone said earlier they got it from some out of country site? Just curious...I don't want to spend more than $100 on it. -rin
I got mine from China... cust made @ Duosheng

I doubt you would able to get one there for $100, you maybe able to get a short wedding dress from Light in a Box for under $100 not including tax and shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
OMG that is so awesome!! I can't think of a better way to have a second ceremony.

For our legal ceremony, we're going to the JP on April 1st. April Fool's Day seemed like an appropriate day to us! Those in our family who have asked know that we'll be going to a JP and that Mexico isn't our legal ceremony. We're putting so much into the Mexico ceremony (we've asked my brother to officiate in Mexico and we're writing the ceremony ourselves, for example), and we're putting nothing into our legal ceremony. So, our families have been okay with it thus far. We're treating Mexico like it is our legal ceremony; it's the one with meaning in our books. However, no one knows when we're actually going to the JP. That's our little secret :)
Thank you! I can't wait, I'm happy I'm so close to Vegas so we can just drive there.

That's awesome, April 1st is a great day to get married. My BF/MOH had her first baby on April 1st and her boyfriend at the time called to let me know her water broke that day and I refused to believe him that she was in labor because he is a serious jokster... she grabbed the phone and says, "it's true! My water broke an hour ago, I'll let you know when I'm at the hospital" I felt horrible.... but it's still funny :) <---- wow sorry, just totally jacked your post!

I'm writing my ceremony too, do you tear up or freakin' cry while writing it? I do EVERY time and this makes me very nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B View Post
I am still gathering pictures from people from the wedding but at least wanted to share this link with you. Of course when I get my link from the photog's I will post it as well.

Welcome
Wow-You look gorgeous & I love your dress. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. what restaurant are the hanging shell shells from? They are so cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandbrent2010 View Post
Hi Girls-I'm Erin and I'm getting married at Azul Sensatori May 14th 2010. I've been reading some of the posts on here and it's been very helpful. I do have a question about what everyone is doing with decorating the gazebo. It's pretty expensive to buy those colored sheets. Is anyone bringing that from home? Also-bridesmaid boquets. I have seen that some people make silk boquets to match the 'real' brides boquet and bring those. Any thoughts?
-Erin
Welcome Erin. I am actually starting to think about the decoration for the gazebo. Not sure what I am going to do. I only have my mom as my MOD and I am going to make a her bouquet to match mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
OMG that is so awesome!! I can't think of a better way to have a second ceremony.

For our legal ceremony, we're going to the JP on April 1st. April Fool's Day seemed like an appropriate day to us! Those in our family who have asked know that we'll be going to a JP and that Mexico isn't our legal ceremony. We're putting so much into the Mexico ceremony (we've asked my brother to officiate in Mexico and we're writing the ceremony ourselves, for example), and we're putting nothing into our legal ceremony. So, our families have been okay with it thus far. We're treating Mexico like it is our legal ceremony; it's the one with meaning in our books. However, no one knows when we're actually going to the JP. That's our little secret :)
I love that your legal ceremony will be on April Fool's. My FI spoke with his mom and she was fine with just her and my mom coming to the ceremony before hand. Wow-that was an easy conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×