Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki07 View Post
Hi Jenni,

Yes, I am unfortunate enough to have crazy curly hair too! I'm not doing a veil, so I think I'm going to attempt to leave it down with it paritially pinned back with a flower. I didn't want an up do becuase I am going for a very laid back casual feel.

By the way, how did you manage to get 100 people attending??!! I'm having a tough time even getting some of my immediate family to go. What's your secret?
To my fellopw curly girls!!! THe hair is definitely a concern of mine as well. I may end up with an updo even though I want a relaxed look because I know that a relaxed look won't last!!! Will keep you posted!smile72.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got Tiffany and she is pretty on the ball....however sometimes she has to get a price quote from off-site and says she'll get back to me, but I have to chase her down about it. No worries to me as I know I am low priority at this point and she is putting her time & energy in couples with closer wedding dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by daifje View Post
To my fellopw curly girls!!! THe hair is definitely a concern of mine as well. I may end up with an updo even though I want a relaxed look because I know that a relaxed look won't last!!! Will keep you posted!smile72.gif
And mine! I can't control the frizz, and I too want to wear my hair down...if anyone knows of any wonder products for controlling frizz, please share!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sabino Moisture block works great. It is made by a small company so you won't find it in your average beauty supply store but you can buy it online. It is great if you have curls and have had your hair blown out. You put it on right before you blow it out and one more time afterward. It worked really great in new york but it couldn't stand up to the humidity in miami in mid july so I'm not sureabout mexico!! Try it for your everyday stuff. You might really like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by daifje View Post
Sabino Moisture block works great. It is made by a small company so you won't find it in your average beauty supply store but you can buy it online. It is great if you have curls and have had your hair blown out. You put it on right before you blow it out and one more time afterward. It worked really great in new york but it couldn't stand up to the humidity in miami in mid july so I'm not sureabout mexico!! Try it for your everyday stuff. You might really like it!
thanks daifje, I'm going to look it up online now!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkev View Post
Ladies,
Does anyone know what the charge is for setting up the private reception?



Andrea,
Did you have someone keeping track of the time or did someone from the Resort let you know when 11pm was getting close?




I will be leaving that day, I'm getting married on the 11th. But I would guess our stays will overlap.
Erika,
the azul people will tell you when you have time left to play 2 more songs....at least that is how it was for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride2009 View Post
I am using my own iPod...I'm setting up separate playlists for ou cocktail party, dinner music, then party tunes for after dinner. I'll also have my songs set for the ceremony. I heard that the wedding coordinator at the hotel will man the iPod during the ceremony for us so we don't have to ask one of our guests. Also I read a review that the resort DJ played some inappropriate songs at another wedding..."It must have been love...but it's over now..." I can't help but laugh, but I'd be a little pissed if it were my wedding!

As far as the private event set up, I'm not aware of any charges for the basic set-up, i think it is included in the cost of the meal. But I think if you are having them set up some of your own decorations (as I am but haven't been given a price) they will charge.
They absolutely DO NOT MAN THE IPOD FOR YOU!!. One of the workers stands there to make sure that the whole amplifier system is working correctly but they WILL NOT EVEN TOUCH your iPod so you either have to have it in song order or have someone else manning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea110808 View Post
They absolutely DO NOT MAN THE IPOD FOR YOU!!. One of the workers stands there to make sure that the whole amplifier system is working correctly but they WILL NOT EVEN TOUCH your iPod so you either have to have it in song order or have someone else manning it.
Even during the ceremony? I'm sure we wont want the whole song to play, just pieces, depending on what part of the ceremony it is. yikes! another thing to figure out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by milejilo View Post
Even during the ceremony? I'm sure we wont want the whole song to play, just pieces, depending on what part of the ceremony it is. yikes! another thing to figure out...
I think I'll ask Tiffany in my next email to her because I've been chatting with a girl who's getting married at the sister property the Seaside Suites and she was told the WC at the hotel will man the iPod during the ceremony so no one has to be distracted...I would think it would be the same for all the Karisma hotels, plus it would be anice gesture, it's only a half hour or less of their time, but it means so much to the bride & groom, and we are all bringing a ton of business to their resorts!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×