"baby's daddy" vent

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

What an ass. My dad was always like that. At the nice age of 15, I probably would have told my father off.

I hope you guys can figure something out. Is your daughter upset?
    Happily married since 2008

#12 FYB87

FYB87
    • 976 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

Okay...first I'm sorry he is being suck a dick about things, but you can definitely still get it done. My son and I moved to the Netherlands for a year for my job and we needed to get him a passport and it was total hell. My ex-husband didn't have a valid driver's license, so it made it very hard.

Anyway, you need to fill out the following form and give to them at the passport office.

Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16: DS 3053

Also, we had to expedite ours and it took 3 days (my company paid for it though).

It will all work out!

#13 EricaG

EricaG
      • 1,915 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

That is really too bad when people have to ast like that. I hope that everything works out for you. Has your daughter said anything to him?
        http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
        My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#14 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by FYB87
          Okay...first I'm sorry he is being suck a dick about things, but you can definitely still get it done. My son and I moved to the Netherlands for a year for my job and we needed to get him a passport and it was total hell. My ex-husband didn't have a valid driver's license, so it made it very hard.

Anyway, you need to fill out the following form and give to them at the passport office.

Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16: DS 3053

Also, we had to expedite ours and it took 3 days (my company paid for it though).

It will all work out!
          YES - fill this form out and write in there that his whereabouts are unknown. I wrote in mine for my daughter that I didn't know where her bio dad was and that the last time I saw him in court was 5 years ago for a child support hearing. (this is actually true)

You have to put the reason you are going - it's not like you are fleeing the country. If the child lives with you than it shouldn't be a problem.

I would do it and do it now to avoid any further problems that may come up.

Good luck!!!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#15 CJEB

CJEB
          • 182 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

aw sorry to hear that - keep everyone informed. All the best

#16 T&N

T&N
            • 141 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Shandra ... he sounds like a complete A$$!! I work for Passport Canada and I think the US has similar procedures. As long as you can provide proof of travel, you can get 24 hour service (shortest) but you'll pay extra for it. Don't worry too much. Everyone is giving you great advise but you may want to call the toll-free # 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-277 to find out exactly what to do.

#17 chonda25

chonda25
              • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

Is there anyway that you can go to family court so that they can give the right for you to get a passport without him. Ugh. I thought if you had full custody that you don't have to get there consent, but maybe you do. I didn't even think of that. I have a daughter that needs a passport, but I don't think her father would give me any trouble.
                Chonda

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

I am so sorry for you and your daughter. He is being so selfish trying to keep you both from going. Hopefully he'll come around.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

What a PITA! I hope this gets fixed soon.

#20 PinionGirl

PinionGirl
                    • Banned
                    • 59 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

That totally blows!! Is there a passport office other than your post-office, if you can find one like they have here in New Orleans, you can get it the same day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users