VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt
6lbs is awesome Maura!!!

Ok, I REALLY want to do this, but I am REALLY scared!! I'm not what you'd consider a person with lots of self control.... someone talk me into trying it!
tara - if you have little self control - i will tell you honestly do not try it. if you surpass the fat proportion significantly, it will be nothing short of horrible for you. you WILL get gas AND have anal leakage.

BUT - if you seriously want to try this, you have to have some self control. i am the kind of person who used to not think twice about eating a donut for breakfast with my coffee. now, i wouldnt dream of touching a donut for breakfast because i dont want to leak grease at work.

theres nothing else i can really tell you... if you've read everything i wrote then that's about all the convincing i can do...

#122 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Wow, Maura, you are looking awesome! I may have to look into trying this as I've gained 6 pounds since getting back from Mandy's wedding. My sweet tooth may have to suffer for a while.

#123 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

maura, you look fantastic! good luck to all of you who are trying/thinking about trying it. i like to drink too much to worry about a greasy butt.

#124 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

I went to get it at Target last night and I read the DO NOT TAKE IF category...well I can't take Alli cause I have no gallbladder. Why my doctor didn't tell me this, I have no idea. I am so bummed.

#125 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
        • 1,266 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

i noticed some not so overweight people wanting to take this... Its only for overweight people. It may not be safe for those who arent and just need to lose a few pounds.

#126 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:44 AM

I was thinking the same thing

i wonder why you can't take it if you dont have a gallbladder? I had mine taken out almost 9yrs ago. I'm going to call my Dr. and see what she says.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#127 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kelly C
              I was thinking the same thing

i wonder why you can't take it if you dont have a gallbladder? I had mine taken out almost 9yrs ago. I'm going to call my Dr. and see what she says.
              K let me know what they say. I was going to call my doc too. I think it has something to do with the fat secretion.

#128 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

just want to let you all know i banned that guy above - it was spamming.

yari, id definitely call your doc and find out why you shouldnt take it without a gallbladder. im really curious. i was reading this: myalli.com ? frequently asked questions

and it doesnt say you CANT take alli if you have your gallbladder removed, it just says you should talk to your doctor first.

and re: barefootbride's comment above -- i just want to say that i cannot speak for others, but although i don't look overweight in my photos, i am more than 10 pounds overweight for my height and build according to my general physician. she is the one who recommended it to me in the first place, so i by no means advocate people who don't need to lose weight using it. i would like to point out that "overweight" is not the same as "obese." you don't have to be "fat" to be overweight.

#129 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura

and re: barefootbride's comment above -- i just want to say that i cannot speak for others, but although i don't look overweight in my photos, i am more than 10 pounds overweight for my height and build according to my general physician. she is the one who recommended it to me in the first place, so i by no means advocate people who don't need to lose weight using it. i would like to point out that "overweight" is not the same as "obese." you don't have to be "fat" to be overweight.
                this is personal, so don't respond if you don't want to, but for your height, were you over the weight/height ratio scale on the Alli box?

(yes I bought it this afternoon. decided i need some fear to keep me on track)

#130 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Yari
                  K let me know what they say. I was going to call my doc too. I think it has something to do with the fat secretion.
                  Ok, I talked to the doc today. She said that she didn't recommend that I take it. It can cause me to have diaraha (sp?) and a upset stomach. She said I could try it if i wanted. I neglected to tell her I had already taken it for 5 days. To tell you the truth I have been taking it and doing WW. haven't had any treatment effect. But I do have to go to the bathroom after every meal. And I have lost 5lbs. So I think I'm going to stay on it.
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users