Alli - anyone try it?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

So I am thinking about going to Target and buying Alli. Has anyone tried it before? I would love to hear about your experiences.

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

yari, how funny you mention this - i actually am starting alli tomorrow. i have heard so many good things about it and i need to drop 10 pounds ASAP because my dress wont zip! and my alterations for it are on july 19th, so i have a month to drop the weight. i will let you know over the weekend how it's going with the alli though!

#3 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

Oh my gawsh really? Great minds think alike.

I am so frustrated with my non weight loss I want to try something new.

Definitely let me know how it goes over the weekend! Go on the alli website and you can get a $10 coupon.

#4 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

i just googled "alli reviews" and this was the first thing that came up

Quote:
        I have been on alli since it came out on June 17th and I will have to warn people when they say to watch your fat intake WATCH IT, other wise you will pay, and when you even fart you will need to change your panties. I have lost 6 pounds though. My husband and I probably think it was all waste (feces) because you do increase the times of day that you go to the bathroom but hey i am okay with that as long as i am seeing results. I bought mine at walmart for $45

her post was written on June 30... so 6lbs in that period of time is pretty good! But i'm not sure how i'd feel about worrying about pooing my pants..

#5 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

here's a link to a whole weight loss forum discussion

Alli reviews

#6 loveangel0610

loveangel0610
          • 272 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

I also would like to try it but I was a little nervous about trying it. Please let me know how it goes.

#7 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

sorry for all the multiple posts. but i was reading through that forum link above and one girl states that you have to stick with a certain caloric intake and fat intake or else you get "treatment effects" ie the oily poops. Which is lovely. But I guess for some, this effect is a very good motivator to not eat things that will result in a runny butt.

I'm starting to think this might be the kind of motivation I need. Not even the picture of my wedding dress is enough to keep me from eating crap.

as one poster puts is so nicely
              Quote:
              The sheer knowledge that eating more than 15 g of fat in a sitting will make you shit yourself is enough for me to not want to go there. I think the alli pills are awesome.

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Yari
              Oh my gawsh really? Great minds think alike.

I am so frustrated with my non weight loss I want to try something new.

Definitely let me know how it goes over the weekend! Go on the alli website and you can get a $10 coupon.
              oh thanks for the tip!!!! i will print out the coupon before i go to walgreens tomorrow morning! i am having an extremely hard time with my non-loss (and now gain) because i am working so much lately i have no time to work out at all and i also am not eating properly.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tvt
              her post was written on June 30... so 6lbs in that period of time is pretty good! But i'm not sure how i'd feel about worrying about pooing my pants..
              tara, you only risk pooping your pants if you eat too much fat.

#9 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

i'll definitely be checking back to see how your first few days go!

#10 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:08 AM

Sounds like not "pulling a Charlotte" is a great motivator!

I think I am going to go for it! I am going to wait until after the weekend, cause it's my step-daughter's 10th birthday party on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday...lots of fat content in my future. The last think I need to do is shit my pants at our first birthday party for her at our new home or on Thunder Mountain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users