While I haven't been I would like to think that the cost is so nominal that it's better to play it safe and have them for guests. I REALLY love the idea of the program fan but I know they are pretty labor intensive. If you opt for the program fan then it will definately be used!

I am also ordering program fans.

As for the wind, if it is windy the day of our wedding, I have designated one of my little cousins to hand them out individually as people step off the boat, that way they aren't blowing around the beach - until people set them down anyway!!

I am planning on doing the straw fans and then somehow connecting the program to it to save a little money. Plus I really like the look of the straw fans.

I am planning on order the straw fans from oriental trading and then affixing ribbon to the bottom of the handle, and creating the program on my computer and affixing it to the actual fan. Then I will place them on each chair. I need to cut costs somewhere and this is def where I am going to do it. I think they are so cute but honestly most people will probably leave them behind somewhere or forget them. So I don't think it is worth it to go crazy on this item.

-Glenda

My aunt is buying my fans while she is in the Phillipines. I gave her an idea of what I want but I haven't seen them yet. (cross my fingers!). I think my family would kill me if I didn't get fans. Despite the fact that most of the guests on my side were born in the Phillipines, they complain about hot weather!