Photo

fans?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Amy715

Amy715
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:24 PM

Has anyone given out fans (program fans or straw) to their guests during the ceremony? I will be having the ceremony outside at the Dreams Cancun gazebo and I've heard that it can be pretty windy. Would the fans be waste then?

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:26 PM

I was planning on having the fan be the program. Probably by buying the straw ones and somehow (maybe with a ribbon or something) attaching the program to the fan. This is just my rough idea in my head. And then having them placed on each guests seat at the ceremony, or having someone pass them out I cant decide.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:28 PM

I was planning to do fans too. There are a couple of links around her with places to buy fans.

I am getting married at dreams too, and I also heard it was windy, so now I'm not sure!

#4 andreslove

andreslove
        • 227 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

I'm also doing fans instead of programs. They're being created as we speak. I'm using this as my inspiration. Click the image to open in full size.

#5 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Lenita those are really cute.

Amy and Jill, I wouldnt take the wind factor into to much consideration. Mexico is hot ecspecially in the humid months of May and October so wind or not at some point they might need the fan and if not at least its a real cute accesorie :)
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#6 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:09 PM

Lenita, those are really cute fans! Great idea! I am guessing if it windy at the time you are getting married, it would be a waste of money to buy fans. Maybe you should consider something else that can brace the wind.
              Angie

#7 Amy715

Amy715
              • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

For those who are getting the program fans, where are you ordering them from? Are you making them yourselves? I saw some online and they were pretty expensive (and i only need about 30 of them).

#8 JessicaF413

JessicaF413
                • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

Lenita, where are you getting those made? Is it local?

#9 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

I went to a wedding where the bride had made them herself, they were very pretty, and they served as a program as well. Each blade had information on them. something like the one in this pic, but she had alternating colors (light pink, dark pink) and it was tied at the bottom with with the pink ribbon, they were really pretty.

Mackenna Fan Wedding Program*Wedding fans, paddle fans, wedding program fans, printed fans, hand held fans

here's some other sites as well

Wedding Programs, Wedding Fans

Tropical wedding fans - Tropical wedding fans perfect for your beach or hawaiian wedding

Wedding Fan Programs

#10 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

I'm planning on having straw fans but i plan on nixing the programs (to much work for me)
                      NATURAL FANS

but Aylee has a template to programs which can be used as fans (i think)
                      aylee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users