Photo

Carly's Beaches Boscobel review

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 caroline

caroline
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for sharing, Carly! I wish you would have had a better experience with the resort...

#22 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

Carly, great review!

#23 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Nice review Carly! I'm always interested in the food review too. haha The colors you picked worked so well, very vibrant and tropical for a DW.

#24 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
      • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

Carly,
        My fiance and I are going to marriend at Beaches Boscobel in January. Any tips about planning, or things to look out for? I would appreciate any information you are willing to share.
        Jodi

#25 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

Not really much advice other then what I've written about already on this thread and others.

But a HUGE thing for me right now is that since the minister gave us the marriage certificate in the middle of us being congratulated by the family and stuff, we lost it. I can't add Matt to my insurance until we have it, and he pays for INS out of pocket. I can't change my name until we have it either. So I would def ask the WC to get that for you and you can pick it up the next day or something. It's causing us (me, really) alot of grief right now.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them, otherwise, you can take a look at all the things that I have said along the way regarding Boscobel.

#26 fifiblondie

fifiblondie
          • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

Thank you so much for posting this review!!! I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel January 21, 2009 & was having the same luck you were finding details regarding the wedding ceremony & reception!!! Your review has been very helpful!!!

#27 fifiblondie

fifiblondie
            • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Hi Carly!
              You guys had a private reception at Beaches Boscobel following the ceremony, correct??...were you only able to pick one food entree or did they let you pick more than one...were the kids given another choice or were they also served the same?? Just wondering how much flexibility there was in the menu b/c we will be having 8 little ones there!
              Thanks for your help=)
              Steph

#28 tareema

tareema
              • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:46 AM

hi im getting married at beaches in october and wanted to know if you have to pay for decorations for the ceremony or do they have a standard decoration?

#29 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

We did have a priviate reception held on the Venetian Terrace. We chose one entree for everyone, but found out the day of that we could've given them a choice, the resort would just need to know ahead of time what the choices were.

I am not sure about the kids menu, I think it was probably the same, although I am sure they would allow you some flexibility if you asked. We only had 3 little ones, and 2 of them will eat anything and 1 will eat nothing, so we weren't that concerned about it.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by fifiblondie
                  Hi Carly!
                  You guys had a private reception at Beaches Boscobel following the ceremony, correct??...were you only able to pick one food entree or did they let you pick more than one...were the kids given another choice or were they also served the same?? Just wondering how much flexibility there was in the menu b/c we will be having 8 little ones there!
                  Thanks for your help=)
                  Steph
                  We paid for the lanterns. I think it was like $350 for a few strands to total something like 24 lights.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tareema
                  hi im getting married at beaches in october and wanted to know if you have to pay for decorations for the ceremony or do they have a standard decoration?

#30 Leia78

Leia78
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,459 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

I love the resort you chose, It's so colorful! And you of course you are as cute as a button! I can't wait to see more pics...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users