Sign in to follow this  
blue11c

Newbie who would love some advice!!

Hi all-

I've been reading your posts and you are all incredible!! Thanks for all the info I've learned already!

I am trying to plan a wedding in Cabo for March 2009 and i have NO IDEA what i'm doing!! I've never even been there but my bf (still not ready to use the word fiance) wink.gif and i have wanted to go forever!!

Do i have enough time to plan this by March 09?

Should i be worried about it being spring break season??

i've been looking at the big places like the Sheraton and the Westin, but are there any "diamonds in the rough" that i should look into??

any and all advice would be sooo appreciated!!

thanks!

joni

Welcome and Congrats!

I would suggest browsing hte wedding reviews and Cabo forums first to gather some info.

You have plenty of time to plan! You might want to look at some different travel agencies who can give you more specific info and pricing. We have several great ones here!

ALos, You should probably start with a wish list. Include budgetary concerns, all-inclusive or not, adults only or family oriented, etc.

Good luck and happy planning!

You have PLENTY of time to plan everything. No worries on the time line.

I can't speak for Cabo but I was married in PV March '08 and we had no spring break troubles. My aunt did got to Cabo the week before our wedding- around March 21st and she said spring break was CRAZY there. She said she will never go back again during that time frame.

Joni, Congrats and welcome to the Forum.

I can tell you from experience that you still do have time, but I wouldn't wait to long. But if your flexible with the dates you may not have a problem. I waited until 6 months before and had to pick what was open. Rather than getting my date. But that was no big deal to us as long as we could do a late afternoon wedding.

I picked RUI Santa Fe for a couple of reasons: 1) All inclusive 2) My daughter will be going and it is kid friendly 3) It is close to downtown.

I have been there before and stayed at the Melia Cabo Real and it was a $25 cab ride each way to do anything in town or at the marina.

Hope this helps. I would look in the Cabo section for more information.

Welcome!! You totally have enough time!! Some resorts dont allow people of the age of spring breakers without parents during that time period so maybe look into something like that?

Welcome Joni! You def have time if your flexible with what dates are open. One of the things to start off with is thinking of how many people you plan to invite and what type of wedding you want. What I mean by that is if your going to have a lot of children at your wedding you may want to look for a family friendly resort. If you want seclusion and privacy then you will have to look at another set of resorts. If you want all-inclusive then you would go a different route. You should talk to your FI and you should figure out what needs your guest will have and then it will be easier to direct you to some specific resorts. Good luck with the planning!