Photo

Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#631 jennaba3

jennaba3
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

This is my cupcake tower I had in my engagement party.. I loved it and so did everyone else! They tasted even better that they looked! Im definitely going for a cupcake tower for my AHR xxx

#632 jennaba3

jennaba3
    • 210 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

Oo

Ooops.. Sorry for the huge pics! Its my first time posting a picture! DSC04820.JPG

#633 Pucca

Pucca
      • 485 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

What a great cake find!! I definitely agree that it's simple but classy. Very appropriate for a beach destination wedding! And different too! I think it'll look great as a square cake as well, especially since I'm partial to square wedding cakes. :D

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave 

Just found a new one I am in love with. Was going to do the whole seashell theme, but when I saw this I was in love. We are going to have it made square though. I think it just so simple yet classy looking.

cake27.jpg

#634 jmastr05

jmastr05
        • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Given my limited budget, I decided that the cake wasn't going to be a priority. So I chose the decoration that was included for free. (Just to be clear, the decoration was free, not the cake, lol). The inside of the cake was chocolate cake with a filling of chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries. (The cake was supposed to be 3 tiers, but they made a mistake and it ended up only being 2 tiers. But we were having a sheet cake anyway to make up the difference, so everyone was still able to have cake if they so desired). See below!

So many of the cakes posted on this threat look awesome! I love the colors and beachy designs.

DSC_5597.jpg

#635 Jwed12

Jwed12
          • 251 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

Wow! That's awesome. Very classy. Where did you get the tiered stand?

Originally Posted by jennaba3 

Oo

Ooops.. Sorry for the huge pics! Its my first time posting a picture! DSC04820.JPG

#636 jennaba3

jennaba3
            • 210 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

The lady that did the cupcakes provided the stand.. She did an amazing job!! Tasted even better than they looked.. believe it or not! lol xxxx

Originally Posted by Jwed12 

Wow! That's awesome. Very classy. Where did you get the tiered stand?

#637 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

I love your cake! Were the seashells real?  I am thinking of putting some on our cake but wasn't sure if real were OK..... did you just remove them to cut and serve?

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

Given my limited budget, I decided that the cake wasn't going to be a priority. So I chose the decoration that was included for free. (Just to be clear, the decoration was free, not the cake, lol). The inside of the cake was chocolate cake with a filling of chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries. (The cake was supposed to be 3 tiers, but they made a mistake and it ended up only being 2 tiers. But we were having a sheet cake anyway to make up the difference, so everyone was still able to have cake if they so desired). See below!

So many of the cakes posted on this threat look awesome! I love the colors and beachy designs.

DSC_5597.jpg

#638 jmastr05

jmastr05
                • 189 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

Yes, the shells were real. You could tell that they weren't shells from the beach, but purchased shells. We only cut 1 slice, and just avoided the shells. When the wait staff finishes cutting the cake, I am pretty sure that they removed the shells. No one ended up with a shell in his/her plate.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I love your cake! Were the seashells real?  I am thinking of putting some on our cake but wasn't sure if real were OK..... did you just remove them to cut and serve?

#639 LindsayR

LindsayR
                  • 173 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

I wanted to put seashells on my cake as well...I guess if you use them and are worried about cutting the cake etc. that you could always have the shells in the front like this cake and then cut from the back to serve it. I just know I probably wouldn't want to eat a piece with a real shell on it...so my guests probably wouldn't either :-)

#640 Jwed12

Jwed12
                    • 251 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

@Torilynnsmith

@LindsayR

Have you seen the chocolate seashells? They add a nice beachy feel and are (I'm sure) delicious. At least you wouldn't have to worry about anyone biting into shell pieces! Here's the site...

http://chocolatefant...elestialsea.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users