Photo

Is this rude

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 buttercup

buttercup
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

This girl sounds extremely stupid. I have two children of my own. While, I agree that yes the baby needs time to bond with her mother - its not a 24/7 thing and she needs to get over herself. That is no way to talk to your mother or father in law. I mean, hello they just paid for all of your baby's belongings? She sounds like a stupid, childish girl. I'm sorry to hear that. Some people just don't know how to be civil.

#62 Allaballa

Allaballa
    • 113 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=DanielleNDerek;411750]Maybe it's hormones. My mom thought maybe she was just trying to state her territory (not my moms exact words). Let my mom know it's her baby and she's in charge.

I think that is exactly what she is trying to do. Also don't forget her hormones are all over the place and your poor parents are somehow the target for god knows what!?

I would give it some time and then just gently talk to her and say that everyone respects her privacy and no one is trying to intrude, you just want to be a part of it.

#63 Yvette

Yvette
      • 510 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

wow, we don't have any children of our own yet but i think this is way out of line. esp with everything your parents have done for them. i can't even imagine saying anything like that to any of the parents. i'm really sorry you are going through this. this is supposed to be happy times, not drama! plus having a new baby they are going to need all the help they can get, i'm sure their mood will change.

#64 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

Your nephew is adorable! Glad you had a chance to talk to your brother. Hopefully he gets is act in gear.

#65 vale

vale
          • 437 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

He certainly is a little cutie, he so sweet. Congrats on becoming an auntie.

#66 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

congrats on being an auntie, danielle! the baby is really cute. your SIL is going to be mighty sorry when she needs help taking care of her precious baby and she realizes how much she offended your parents.

#67 caroline

caroline
            • 697 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

OMG... what a little sweetheart. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to God that there's a reason for her dispicable behaviour... and that she'll come to her senses and stop being so hateful. Who could continue down that path, looking at that little bundle of love?!

#68 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

he's so cute danielle!!

#69 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

he is adorable, congrats on becoming an auntie! and good for your parents to go away and let your brother call them.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#70 mizzy

mizzy
                • 50 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Your SIL is a total witch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users