Photo

Something you wish you would have packed?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#121 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Great thread ladies...keep it coming!

#122 jplovesme

jplovesme
    • 385 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Excellent advice!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by midnight24
      one i read on another forum was...

drinking straws for your wedding day (while getting ready)

if you are going to mexico you shouldn't need bug spray, in dominican/cuba you will

i always bring a pair of socks & hoodie for back at the room, i always get the chills if i'm sunburned and the A/C is on in the room.

i love the idea of bringing ice tea singles for the water, half way through the week i'm always looking for something else to drink besides water, pop, juice or booze. ice tea is perfect.

for hangovers & stomach problems (indigestion, nausea, diarrhea) bring Po Chai pills
      they work wonders!!! best money spent!
      Amazon.com: Po Chai (Bao Ji Wan) Pills - Herbal Supplement (10 Vials Per Box) - 1 Box: Health & Personal Care

#123 carolina24

carolina24
      • 1,573 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Matt May
        These are the things we bring that brides and grooms wished they had packed. It's fun to magically pull them out of our camera bags when they need them:
        1. Different sizes of safety pins
        2. scissors and sewing kit...the small portable kit
        3. Mini First Aid Kit. It contains band aids, neosporan, burn cream, tylenol, etc. We also take Liquid Imodium and Emetrol.
        4. Bug Repellant. Those little gnats will getcha at sunset in most tropical regions.
        5. "Wine Away" red wine stain remover, very small portable spray bottle. It's Magic!!!!
        6. Small bottle of Fabreze
        7. Extra Hair Pins
        8. Altoids
        9. Super Glue
        10. Handkerchiefs for the guys. Classier for dabbing their brows due to tropical humidity/heat
        So that's what's in our bag of tricks. Hope it helps.
        thanks for posting...its good to here from someone who deals with A LOT of brides/situations :)

#124 loua4

loua4
        • 397 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

this is an excellent thread! thank you so much for starting it. I dont get married til November but I have started a packing list. Keep the items coming. Thanks again!

#125 ktnicole

ktnicole
          • 100 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

For my "chub rubs" I always pack Vaseline. Thin layer on my thighs works great under dress, shorts, whatever! Plus Vaseline is great to use on my lips at night (sun is always drying my lips out) AND if you really have some foot damage from sand, walking rub vaseline on your feet and cover with socks over night.

#126 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
            • 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ktnicole
              For my "chub rubs" I always pack Vaseline. Thin layer on my thighs works great under dress, shorts, whatever! Plus Vaseline is great to use on my lips at night (sun is always drying my lips out) AND if you really have some foot damage from sand, walking rub vaseline on your feet and cover with socks over night.
              Speaking of Vaseline, I just ordered something called Body Glide (I'm pretty sure I read about it on here) that is supposed to be fantastic for chub rub, blisters, etc. Anyone else use this product? It got great reviews on amazon.

#127 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
              • 516 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by whitechocolate
                Speaking of Vaseline, I just ordered something called Body Glide (I'm pretty sure I read about it on here) that is supposed to be fantastic for chub rub, blisters, etc. Anyone else use this product? It got great reviews on amazon.
                Body Glide is the best! Use it on your feet too if you are going for a hike or anything. It rocks!

I wish I had remembered to pack a few small sharpie markers. It was on my list, but I forgot them. They were going to be for people to write their names on their cups from us. Oh well... they managed.

#128 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

I haven't had to pack my bag quite yet but have a review about BODY GLIDE! It's amazing! I used it during my Running Clinic and my instructor told us about the great benefits for Chub Rub...I've also used it on my feet with new shoes...NO BLISTERS! You can pick it up at any Running Room location!

#129 ask9999

ask9999
                  • 82 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

Great thread! Taking notes as I start my packing list. Thanks

#130 khomac

khomac
                    • 380 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:30 PM

I stayed in Higuey city (40 minutes SW of PC and inland). It was hot and within 3 days I had a heat rash under my arms. I bought Body Glide and the next 2 times in the city, I never had a problem :)
                      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users