Photo

Anyone married at Occidental...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 JeffRee2010

JeffRee2010
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

That is a great deal!!! I was looking into the Occidental as well and have contacted Laura but am waiting a response. I would appreciate any information on costs that you were given as well.

Thanks,Reena

#12 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

If it is the Occidental Grand Flamenco I was there a couple years ago and I have some pics of the hotel and the area if anyone would like some PM me.

#13 teresayax

teresayax
      • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

Iscilley, I tried to PM you, but was unable to. I am getting married at the Occidental in May, and I would love to see any pictures that you have.

#14 KJT1985

KJT1985
        • 694 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Can anybody post pictures or a review of their wedding here? My fiance and I are also considering the Occidental. And look at it this way, if you're picking a resort in the minority on this forum - you probably won't have to share your wedding day with a billion other brides which means more attention from the WC! NEVER a bad thing right?!

#15 kun09

kun09
          • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

I would love to see any pictures that people have. My TA has quoted prices for several places and this resort seemed reasonable for guests but I'm not finding anything on it. Any help would be great!!

#16 teresayax

teresayax
            • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

I have recently returned from the Occidental resort for our wedding. It was amazing! They only have 1 wedding per day. I couldnt have asked for anything more. The WC was great...the flowers, cake , decorations...everything was perfect. I have a shutterfly account with most of our guests pictures as well that you can visit if you'd like "http://puntacanamay2...hutterfly.com/" password: wedding.

We went with the private reception in the beach house, it was everything we could imagine. If you have a little extra in your budget, I highly recommend doing the private reception. We are very happy that we spent the extra money on it.

Also, my aunt brought down a laptop and a memory card reader (it reads all different types of memory cards from all digital cameras), the last day she grabbed most of our guests memory cards and was able to download everyones photos and put them all onto a memory stick and cd for us. I highly recommend this. It saved us a lot of time and energy trying to get everyones photos once we returned.

Feel free to PM me with any questions! Good Luck with the planning

#17 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
              • 473 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by teresayax
                I have recently returned from the Occidental resort for our wedding. It was amazing! They only have 1 wedding per day. I couldnt have asked for anything more. The WC was great...the flowers, cake , decorations...everything was perfect. I have a shutterfly account with most of our guests pictures as well that you can visit if you'd like "http://puntacanamay2...hutterfly.com/" password: wedding.

We went with the private reception in the beach house, it was everything we could imagine. If you have a little extra in your budget, I highly recommend doing the private reception. We are very happy that we spent the extra money on it.

Also, my aunt brought down a laptop and a memory card reader (it reads all different types of memory cards from all digital cameras), the last day she grabbed most of our guests memory cards and was able to download everyones photos and put them all onto a memory stick and cd for us. I highly recommend this. It saved us a lot of time and energy trying to get everyones photos once we returned.

Feel free to PM me with any questions! Good Luck with the planning

Thanks for the pictures, BEAUTIFUL! I agree the WC is very slow. For any new brides that plan to marry after 7.30.2010. I will be sure to post my review. I have started a blog and will update with any information I get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users