Photo

Anyone married at Occidental...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 KatyKo

KatyKo
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

...Punta Cana? There may be a thread already, but I can't find it. All I see are Paradisus and Dreams. My TA quoted us for the Occidental and it looks nice, but obviously all pictures on websites look nice.

Help...anyone? Thank you :)

#2 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

Sorry, I don't know of anyone...

Did you contact the hotel already?

#3 KatyKo

KatyKo
      • 851 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

I have only talked to my TA, who said that she has had several brides to be married there...I have just not seen anyone on here to even mention it. Of course, I would love to hear everyone's opinions on here, since I have gotten so much great info on here already.

#4 jaysgirl

jaysgirl
        • 22 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

I am getting married at the Occidental in April 2009. It looks good in the pictures, but I am having a few issues with the Wedding Coordinator...don't email them - they don't respond :) Just call and they will help you. Have you decided you are going their yet?
          Brittany

#5 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
          • 204 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

I know how you feel! I am getting married at the Riu Palce in Punta Cana and I feel like I am the only one on this forum. Did I choose the right resort?

I would suggest looking at trip advisor or Debbie's Dominican Travel forum found here: Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums - Weddings in the Dominican Republic

Good Luck!

#6 KatyKo

KatyKo
            • 851 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

I have not put down my deposit yet, but we are on the book for June 2009 at Occidental. I am working with a TA so I haven't had to contact the WC yet...only heard about it through my TA. Keep me posted on how things go for you and I'll do the same :)

#7 pinkpetals3

pinkpetals3
              • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

Hey,
                Im also interested in a Punta Cana wedding, but my guests are on a tight budget. How much are you expecting your guests to pay for a week (tax included) if u dont mind me asking?!?

thanks
                xoxo

#8 teresayax

teresayax
                • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

We are also getting married at the Occidental in May 2009. The WC Laura can take a long time to respond, but when she does she is very helpful. I try to ask all my questions in one email that way I am not filling up her inbox. Excluding airfare (since it is different for everyone) my guests are paying $659/person for 8day/7night stay at the Occidental. Our guests were also on a budget and thats one of the reasons we choose the Occidental. The WC has sent me pictures of previous weddings at the resort as examples, they are non pro, but they are beautiful. The only bad thing I have read about the resort is that the water for the showers doesn't get much hotter than luke warm unless you ask. (I figure who wants a steaming hot shower when its over 80 degress outside anyways!)

#9 pinkpetals3

pinkpetals3
                  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

Hey Teresa,
                    Thats an amazing deal, since the wedding budget for me and my fiance isnt a problem but for my guests it really is.
                    I was wondering if you could e-mail me any info/pics you have from the resort. I'll private message you my e-mail.
                    Are you also having a private reception? And where are you gettin married? I want to do it in a gazebo; hopefully the resort has a pretty one.

Thanks for your help :)
                    xoxo

#10 pinkpetals3

pinkpetals3
                    • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

Sorry, i forgot to ask more more thing. The resort is "Occidental Grand Flamenco" punta cana? or is it Occidental Punta Cana which is now known as "Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana"?

xoxo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users