Sign in to follow this  
sn2bski

Should I have an outside wedding coordinator?

I am getting married at Sunset Da Mona Lisa and I am wondering if I should and/or have to have an outside wedding coordinator. Emma is the restuarants coodinator and I've asked her a couple of times for a list of vendors and she always gives me names of wedding planners as her response. I would like to plan this without the added cost of a wedding planner but getting my vendors has been somewhat of a challenge so far!

I hired someone because the Hilton WC was leaving and other problems going on. So far I am very pleased with Maye. Just in case the hotel flip out , I have Maye to oversee everything.

I DEFINETELY recommend a WC. I found a fabulous gal who does EVERYTHING for us (contacts the resort with any of my questions, made us a website, book us, ect) She has been a life-saver. As far as cost goes, she doesn't have a charge fee. Just let her book you and your group and she does the rest. I would be a stressful mess with out her. She's made this whole wedding planning thing FUN!!! :)

I am using Maye as our wedding coordinator, to oversee and coordinate everything on the day of as well as provide some feedback on vendor etc. This helps me relax a bit more knowing that on the actual wedding day everything will go without a hitch. Alot of the girls on the forum have used Maye and have been happy with the results. With that said, I have found the majority of vendors just by reading posts on this forum, asking some of the vendors that I hired for suggestions on other vendors, google and so on. I wanted to be actively involved from the beginning in my own selection of the vendors because I guess I'm a bit of a control freak...lol So if you want to try to do this on your own without the added cost of a WC I would be more than happy to provide a list of my vendors. Actually, maybe I should do that anyways to help out some of the other girls cheesy.gif

From my experience at weddings, I always recommend wedding coordinators when you have a big list of guests if you only have very few guests I dont see why you should need one. Take a look a around and you will probably find lots of vendors on this forum, I am sure that the best vendors are around here on the forum.

Take care

Juan

I think that a WC is needed especially for the day of so that you can focus on being beautiful, while the WC worries about all of the details. I'm not sure about getting a wedding planner though. I have one, but am doing most of the work. I think that with the info on this forum, you are more than prepared to plan your perfect day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana View Post
I am using Maye as our wedding coordinator, to oversee and coordinate everything on the day of as well as provide some feedback on vendor etc. This helps me relax a bit more knowing that on the actual wedding day everything will go without a hitch. Alot of the girls on the forum have used Maye and have been happy with the results. With that said, I have found the majority of vendors just by reading posts on this forum, asking some of the vendors that I hired for suggestions on other vendors, google and so on. I wanted to be actively involved from the beginning in my own selection of the vendors because I guess I'm a bit of a control freak...lol So if you want to try to do this on your own without the added cost of a WC I would be more than happy to provide a list of my vendors. Actually, maybe I should do that anyways to help out some of the other girls cheesy.gif
I (and I'm sure the other girls here) would love to see a list of your vendors.

I posted it in the Cabo Vendors section cheesy.gif