Photo

Should I have an outside wedding coordinator?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sn2bski

sn2bski
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

I am getting married at Sunset Da Mona Lisa and I am wondering if I should and/or have to have an outside wedding coordinator. Emma is the restuarants coodinator and I've asked her a couple of times for a list of vendors and she always gives me names of wedding planners as her response. I would like to plan this without the added cost of a wedding planner but getting my vendors has been somewhat of a challenge so far!

#2 Golden

Golden
    • 354 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

I hired someone because the Hilton WC was leaving and other problems going on. So far I am very pleased with Maye. Just in case the hotel flip out , I have Maye to oversee everything.

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
      • Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

I DEFINETELY recommend a WC. I found a fabulous gal who does EVERYTHING for us (contacts the resort with any of my questions, made us a website, book us, ect) She has been a life-saver. As far as cost goes, she doesn't have a charge fee. Just let her book you and your group and she does the rest. I would be a stressful mess with out her. She's made this whole wedding planning thing FUN!!! :)

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I am using Maye as our wedding coordinator, to oversee and coordinate everything on the day of as well as provide some feedback on vendor etc. This helps me relax a bit more knowing that on the actual wedding day everything will go without a hitch. Alot of the girls on the forum have used Maye and have been happy with the results. With that said, I have found the majority of vendors just by reading posts on this forum, asking some of the vendors that I hired for suggestions on other vendors, google and so on. I wanted to be actively involved from the beginning in my own selection of the vendors because I guess I'm a bit of a control freak...lol So if you want to try to do this on your own without the added cost of a WC I would be more than happy to provide a list of my vendors. Actually, maybe I should do that anyways to help out some of the other girls

#5 JUANCARLOST

JUANCARLOST
        • Banned
        • 130 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

From my experience at weddings, I always recommend wedding coordinators when you have a big list of guests if you only have very few guests I dont see why you should need one. Take a look a around and you will probably find lots of vendors on this forum, I am sure that the best vendors are around here on the forum.

Take care
          Juan

#6 arhoyaltres

arhoyaltres
          • 154 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

I think that a WC is needed especially for the day of so that you can focus on being beautiful, while the WC worries about all of the details. I'm not sure about getting a wedding planner though. I have one, but am doing most of the work. I think that with the info on this forum, you are more than prepared to plan your perfect day!

#7 sn2bski

sn2bski
            • 94 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ana View Post
              I am using Maye as our wedding coordinator, to oversee and coordinate everything on the day of as well as provide some feedback on vendor etc. This helps me relax a bit more knowing that on the actual wedding day everything will go without a hitch. Alot of the girls on the forum have used Maye and have been happy with the results. With that said, I have found the majority of vendors just by reading posts on this forum, asking some of the vendors that I hired for suggestions on other vendors, google and so on. I wanted to be actively involved from the beginning in my own selection of the vendors because I guess I'm a bit of a control freak...lol So if you want to try to do this on your own without the added cost of a WC I would be more than happy to provide a list of my vendors. Actually, maybe I should do that anyways to help out some of the other girls
              I (and I'm sure the other girls here) would love to see a list of your vendors.

#8 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

I posted it in the Cabo Vendors section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users