Photo

3 Day Rule?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 caitlin

caitlin
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

I was a little confused by the 3 day rule. I was told and it is on the website for Dreams, that you have to be in the country for a minimum of 3 days before your wedding- and that it was a legal issue. I called the WeDo site number, to make sure that my travel day would count, and they told me that it is not a legal issue, it is something that the hotels do? Does anyone know anything about this?
    Caitlin - Dreams Punta Cana
    http://tickers.Ticke....460c/event.png

#2 Jenleopard

Jenleopard
    • 204 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

I was told that the travel day doesn't count. So...in my situation (getting married on Friday) we have to be there 3 full business days before the wedding.

Who knows??

#3 angitalia23

angitalia23
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

I read that the weekends do not count as days as well as a national holiday. We arrive on a Saturday and our wedding is on a Thursday....Mariana @ Dreams said it is fine and not too worry. As long as you email your coordinator or the hotel coordinator you should be fine.
        Anthony & Angela
        19 June 2008

#4 CJEB

CJEB
        • 182 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

Our TA says

5 days - excluding day of travel & weekend or public holidays

I'm in the UK

#5 caitlin

caitlin
          • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

I guess since it is not a "legal" issue, it is not that big of a deal. I am just glad i didn't change my flights and everything! They should really be more specific that it is a hotel requirement!
            Caitlin - Dreams Punta Cana
            http://tickers.Ticke....460c/event.png

#6 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
            • 1,881 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

our Wedding coordinator & TA told us 4 days....
              http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#7 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

I would say this is as official as it gets:
                Marriage in the Dominican Republic

I don't see anything here about a residency requirement (i.e. 3 day rule). There is paperwork that needs to be completed/authorized in the Dominican though so maybe that's why the resort is telling you 3 days because that's how long it takes to get that done?

#8 KatyKo

KatyKo
                • 851 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

My TA told us that it was for the paperwork and other things that had to be done before the judge would marry you. Not sure what all this entails, but we have decided to do a civil ceremony before we leave and just have the symbolic ceremony for the DW. Hopefully this will save some time, money and stress :)

#9 Becksy

Becksy
                  • 124 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

I was a little confused by the 3 day rule. I was told and it is on the website for Dreams, that you have to be in the country for a minimum of 3 days before your wedding- and that it was a legal issue. I called the WeDo site number, to make sure that my travel day would count, and they told me that it is not a legal issue, it is something that the hotels do? Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm gald you posted this, as I was a little confused as well. Our WC at the resort told us this extact thing. We arrive late on a Saturday and are booked the get married on a Tuesday. My only concern is the paper work, we only have the Monday to get this done. I talked to my fience and we agree... if there are any issues and we don't get legally married in DR, we will just get married legally here at the court house.
                    Erin & MartinEdenH Real ArenaPunta Cana, Dominican Republic January 13, 2009http://i67.photobuck....stloser4x1.jpghttp://tickers.Ticke....f487/event.png

#10 Jen_S

Jen_S
                    • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

We are getting married in Mexico and they have a 4 day rule I thought it was due to legal issues (blood test etc.)
                      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users