• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

Has anyone stayed here?

Villa Las Palmeras has accommodations for 34 people, and if you need more space you can also rent out the connecting sister villa, Villa Katalina for a total of 50 guests.

Villa Las Palmeras is $175 Nov-May, $135 June-October. I wonder if they would cut us a deal since we'd be staying late in May (around the 24th). Katalina is $145 Nov-May, $125 June-October. Not bad at all compared to the other villas I've been researching!

Villa Las Palmeras

Click the image to open in full size.

Villa Katalina:

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

hmmm.... this place is getting very mixed reviews. makes me a little nervous...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Okay here's the deal on Villa Las Palmeras. It is a nice villa - although not as nice as some of the other villas. Like a middle of the road villa. The two drawbacks that I see to Palmeras are these: 1) the bathrooms didn't use to (as of last year - they could have changed this by now) have doors on them - they had swinging half doors (like old-time bar western movies).

and 2) when we would have an event there we ALWAYS ran into the problem with them running out of water at somepoint in the evening. Now, I don't think that was so much a problem with guests just staying there and using water normally. But, when everyone was trying to get ready at the same time (thus take showers at the same time) and, then, using the bathroom all night long, it did become a problem.

With that said, I think, if you know those things ahead of time, then you're better prepared and understand that part of the reason for the price being a little lower than other villas is that it's a little more rustic than other villas. But, on the other hand, the big palappa downstairs is nice and comfy and I think the pool always looked really inviting and the staff was rumored to be fantastic. And they have a great view from the upper terrace.

So, that's my 2 pesos worth :).

#4 deleishus

deleishus
        • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

I am going to use both villas for my wedding on July 4th. I visited them in February and in Villa Las Palmeras the bathrooms in the bedrooms still do not have doors. The main bathroom in the living room does have a door. In villa Katalina the bathrooms are a little more private. When I visited the villas I thought that they where well kept and clean and that is even to say that a group had just left when I visited them. If you want to give me your email I have a bunch of pics I took on ofoto I can send you if you'd like. I haven't figured out how to post my own pics on this forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users