Photo

Just booked our Summer vacation/long weekend getaway - yah!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

Soooo since I will be 6-7 months prego during the time that we usually go to Mexico, we have decided to stay close to home and not fly.

James and I have always wanted to go to Fredericksburg, Tx. They have tons of cozy B&B's, lots of antique shopping, fun places to eat and best of all (for me) lots of relaxing!!

Angels Lodge Above the Creek - A little piece of Heaven in Downtown Fredericksburg

We are staying in the #2 Guardian Suite. It's a 2 story suite. I'm so excited for a long weekend getway!!! We're going 7/31-8/3.

Our 1 year anniversary is 8/3, so it will also be a little anniversary trip for us.
    Anywayy, just thought I'd share my exciting news for the day...

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:59 AM

Very cool. My Aunt and Uncle own a house just outside of Fredricksburg. They're actually down there right now on a little weekend getaway of their own

In fact you might want to check out this site sun to moon (marilyn's travel tips)
      Those are "Marilyn's (my aunt's) Travel Tips" to the Hillcountry. They travel all over for business (my uncle does all the photography for Macaroni Grill, Chili's and Corner Bakery).

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

JaimeLynn - thank you so much!!! This site is sooooo helpful!!!!
        I'm loving your aunt Marilyn!!

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Sweet! The first instinct is always to travel far but there is so much to see in our own backyards..great choice. Have fun!!

#5 Sharonie

Sharonie
          • 557 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Lisa, there is a lavendar farm in that area too you can check it out. It is really nice. I went a few years ago and bought a few plants to take home with me. Of course they all died on me since I have no green thumb at all. lol

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LisaG
              JaimeLynn - thank you so much!!! This site is sooooo helpful!!!!
              I'm loving your aunt Marilyn!!
              I'm so glad! It's funny, when we took a trip down there she had our itinerary and travel directions planned out to a T. I swear, there were 2 pages of written directions and half way through it even told us what radio station to switch over to! She may be a little OCD but she definitely has some great travel tips!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

Lisa,
                That's awesome, I can't wait to see pictures I have been wanting to visit that area.

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

What a cute little place you are staying at. I see they do weddings. I think you should have vow renewals. LOL
                  Happily married since 2008

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Nice suite, you'll have such a nice vacay and anniversary there.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 LisaG

LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                      I'm so glad! It's funny, when we took a trip down there she had our itinerary and travel directions planned out to a T. I swear, there were 2 pages of written directions and half way through it even told us what radio station to switch over to! She may be a little OCD but she definitely has some great travel tips!
                      Hey JaimeLynn - Do you still have that iten your aunt made for you? Do you think she would make me one if you don't have it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users