Cold sores

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 diamondpooch

• 546 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

Ugh, been fighting off a cold sore for the last three days. I ran out of my Valtrex script this morning and my doc took forever to call in the refill and now It's gotten to the point of no return I think
    I hate these stinking things and I know they're popping up cuz of my stress level!
    I really hope I don't get one before the wedding.

Also, my doc prescribed me this steroid cream/ointment that if used in small doses on the face is ok to use. It's called mono-something furate. sorry, I don't have it right here with me. It works wonders as well, especially once you are the the scab stages of it. It really speeds it along.

#22 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

I get them randomly too and I just feel like a freak with them. I had one about three weeka ago and I still have the redness around my upper lip...

#23 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

Zovirax is an excellent cream. It's the only thing that will clear my cold sores within a 1-3 days... before that they would last 2-3 weeks. Blistex use to make my cold sores worse. The last time I used Blsitex I end up with an infection on my entire top lip, and this is where I got prescribed Zovirax (plus antibotic to get rid of the infection).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users