Photo

Mandy's Welcome Books - Pics

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#31 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

You did a great job on these, these look wonderful!

#32 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

I think these are the best welcome booklets i've seen and there have been so many great ones. I was going to do a welcome brochure but i want to include a bunch of info, i think this welcome book is the way to go. Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks so much for the idea.

So you just bought a regular journal from hobby lobby and pasted cardstock to it? I think i'm actually capable of this diy project. WooHoo! so excited to do this now!
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#33 monicaswave

monicaswave
      • 450 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

Thank you so much for sharing! I really like the project and will probably do it myself.

What discount did you get from Hobby Lobby? Was it a coupon or a weekly promotion?

Thanks!

#34 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by beth
          This is such a GREAT idea!! How did you distribute them to your guests? Did you use the room delivery service at EDR? Thanks for the great idea and for sharing!!
          I put these in the OOT bags along with everything else. Mandy & Isaac and my husband & I actually met everyone as they arrived at EDR and handed them the bags and helped them throgh the check-in process. If they arrived around lunchtime, we went with them to lunch and showed them some of the resort. It took lots of time, but seemed to be appreciated.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
          I think these are the best welcome booklets i've seen and there have been so many great ones. I was going to do a welcome brochure but i want to include a bunch of info, i think this welcome book is the way to go. Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks so much for the idea.

So you just bought a regular journal from hobby lobby and pasted cardstock to it? I think i'm actually capable of this diy project. WooHoo! so excited to do this now!
          Yes, I got the books 1/2 off for $2 apiece, plus it took two glue sticks I also got 1/2 off for $1 apiece. I didn't even use cardstock, I just used plain typing paper. The edges seemed to disappear better into the other page I glued it onto. If I hadn't run out of time, I probably would have put info about the deep-sea trip the boys took, the spa prices and some other resort info in the book.

#35 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
          • 419 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

Those are great! I also love the welcome letter!!! You two did such a wonderful job on them!

#36 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
            • 305 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

Wow! Great Job!

#37 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by monicaswave
                Thank you so much for sharing! I really like the project and will probably do it myself.

What discount did you get from Hobby Lobby? Was it a coupon or a weekly promotion?

Thanks!
                It was just a weekly promotion. We knew we wanted these books and just watched every week to see what was on sale. They are considered scrapbook albums.

#38 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by timelsel
                  I put these in the OOT bags along with everything else. Mandy & Isaac and my husband & I actually met everyone as they arrived at EDR and handed them the bags and helped them throgh the check-in process. If they arrived around lunchtime, we went with them to lunch and showed them some of the resort. It took lots of time, but seemed to be appreciated.
                  You guys were very good to your guests. I'm sure they appreciated it. Thanks again for the book info, i just love them.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#39 meltanirie

meltanirie
                  • 283 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

I love love love them!! Great job!

#40 svisconte

svisconte
                    • 136 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

Wow you did such a nice job on the book. It was just added to my to do list.
                      :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users