35 replies to this topic

#11 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NYJen
    LOL!!!!! In Queens it was everyone and their 5 kids. YIKES!!!

Yes, I went with Queen of Queens just for you. And by the way, I was just thinkng of you. I'm watching the Mets game right now and there was a clip of Kevin James (who I know you LOVE) saying "Let's Go Mets" over and over and over, like a crazy man. He's sooo funny. Sorry to highjack my own thread - I always do that.
    hahaha....nice!!! I soooo love him...did I tell you DH set the dvr to record the show 4x a day? And we watch them all...lol He calls me Carrie because of my attitude but I bet you'd give me a run for the money, plus you probably have the accent :P

#12 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild
      hahaha....nice!!! I soooo love him...did I tell you DH set the dvr to record the show 4x a day? And we watch them all...lol He calls me Carrie because of my attitude but I bet you'd give me a run for the money, plus you probably have the accent :P
      Poor Brendan, I'm SOOOO Carrie - in the worse way.

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

Whenever we meet up our husbands will have fun comparing notes...lol

#14 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Congrats Jen!!!! Sorry it was a pain, but it's so exciting too!

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Jen- Have you started to fill out forms in your maiden name yet and then cross it off and put your married name? I'm struggling HARD core and it's been a few months. Plus my signature isn't cool yet. I should have started practicing it earlier.
            Happily married since 2008

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hey Jen did you have to go to Supreme or Civil court? I am there literally everyday and the only saving grace is that I have an attorney pass so I never have to wait on the security lines to go through the metal detectors and there are usually attorney lines when you go in offices.

I am so confused. Either that or I'm just stupid. I thought all you had to do was change your name with the social security department. Why did you have to go to court to change your name? I always thought you had to go to court to change your name if you got divorced and you needed to show them the divorce decree or something.

Btw Queens is heaven compared to the Bronx. You should see the lines there, it is insane! And trust me Brooklyn is second worst after that. Queens is considered the "civilized" borough. LOl.

I'm going to pick up a my marriage license in the Kew Gardens court. Not looking forward to those lines at all!

#17 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                Hey Jen did you have to go to Supreme or Civil court? I am there literally everyday and the only saving grace is that I have an attorney pass so I never have to wait on the security lines to go through the metal detectors and there are usually attorney lines when you go in offices.

I am so confused. Either that or I'm just stupid. I thought all you had to do was change your name with the social security department. Why did you have to go to court to change your name? I always thought you had to go to court to change your name if you got divorced and you needed to show them the divorce decree or something.

Btw Queens is heaven compared to the Bronx. You should see the lines there, it is insane! And trust me Brooklyn is second worst after that. Queens is considered the "civilized" borough. LOl.

I'm going to pick up a my marriage license in the Kew Gardens court. Not looking forward to those lines at all!
                No, I didn't have to go to court. I just had to go to the Social Security office on Jamaica Blvd. The people on line weren't bad, it was just that the wait was SOOOOO LONG!!! And you have to wait on line even though you take a number - made no sense.

Oh, and they told me to make sure my name is on the mailbox or the postal carrier won't leave my new card.

#18 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

OMG! I still have to do this too ... but don't have time during a regular work day. I had to get a replacement SS card before getting my new Passport, and THAT was a pain, so I know this whole name change crap is REALLY going to suck. I might keep my maiden name as a second middle name too ... I'm not sure. I hate to lose it after having had it for 34 years!

#19 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

Uggh for some reason I thought you could mail the paperwork in. Your telling me I'm going to have to go to the social security place in Jamaica? That place is a nightmare! Ugggh!

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

Yay! A big step done.

I want to change mine so bad, and Matt keeps calling my answering machine to see if I changed it yet. But he misplaced the marriage certificate that the minister handed him like in the ceremony and we won't get another for like 10 weeks or some shit. I can't change naything until I do SSN and I can't do SSN w/o the marriage certificate! Ugh. So yay for you! Cuz I want mine done already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users