Photo

Honeymoon-ing in Jamaica...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 caroline

caroline
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

I'm pretty sure that I saw that you had taken advantage of their horseriding excursion... What others did you do? Sounds like a great way to save some $$$!

#22 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
    • 802 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

We went snorkling, horseback riding, dunns river falls, coyaba falls, free ride into town for shopping, and margaritaville. They also offer scuba diving, parasailing (i think), a glass bottom boat tour and golfing, but we didn't have time to fit all of that in. In addition, they have free bicycle rentals if you feel like you want to ride along the resort trail. Tons of FREE stuff to do!!!

#23 caroline

caroline
      • 697 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

Shoot! That makes it sound all the more appealing! That could be quite a bit of savings! How was the food at the resort?! (I know I read your review previously - and will have to re-read it... and so I apologize but you read so many here!)

#24 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

no prob......the food was EXCELLENT! Wayyyy better than Riu. And plus, they offer FREE room service which was EXCELLENT also! I can't say enough about Couples. We are already planning our next trip!!

#25 caroline

caroline
          • 697 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Do you have to make reservations at specialty restaurants? (like ROR) though I realise, it's a lot smaller. Okay, off to search Couples...

#26 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
            • 802 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:57 PM

Yes, you must make reservations for 2 out of the 3 restaurants. And those two require Formal attire. You can make same-day reservations up until 5:00pm. The only one that doesn't require formal attire or a reservation is the Beach restaurant. It's literally right off the water outside. It's really nice and the food is great there too!!

#27 beyondsmitten

beyondsmitten
              • Banned
              • 75 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

Try Idle Awhile, l lovely small resort on Negril beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users