Photo

Hair extensions

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 cricket2168

cricket2168
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hello! Looking for a little advice on hair extensions. I have never bought or used them before. My hair is about an inch and a half to two inches above my shoulder, but shorter in the back and I wanted to have an up-do done for the wedding. I contacted the salon at the resort today, and the lady said they can definatley do an up-do, but suggested I get hair extensions just in case. I know I should look for human hair, but, I dont want the ones that glue into my hair. OH, and I am asian, so, should I get the real asian human hair? Or is regular human hair ok? I also wanted to get my hair highlighted for the wedding, my hair is a very dark brown, and I was going to get caramel highlights. So, should I buy both dark brown & caramel extensions? Or should I not get highlights? Or do they make ones that have highlights!? And, does anyone know a good, reputable website to order from? I really don't know anything when it comes to extensions! I just know I need to get them! Thanks!!!

#42 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
    • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by cricket2168 

Hello! Looking for a little advice on hair extensions. I have never bought or used them before. My hair is about an inch and a half to two inches above my shoulder, but shorter in the back and I wanted to have an up-do done for the wedding. I contacted the salon at the resort today, and the lady said they can definatley do an up-do, but suggested I get hair extensions just in case. I know I should look for human hair, but, I dont want the ones that glue into my hair. OH, and I am asian, so, should I get the real asian human hair? Or is regular human hair ok? I also wanted to get my hair highlighted for the wedding, my hair is a very dark brown, and I was going to get caramel highlights. So, should I buy both dark brown & caramel extensions? Or should I not get highlights? Or do they make ones that have highlights!? And, does anyone know a good, reputable website to order from? I really don't know anything when it comes to extensions! I just know I need to get them! Thanks!!!

Hi cricket2168,

You dont need to get the glued in extensions, especially if you are going to have an up-do.  Also, dont worry about getting asian hair, any human hair that is straight will do just fine.  What I do suggest is buying a weft of hair and not the clip-ins for your up-do.  If you buy a weft your stylist can build volume and has more control.  You can absolutley highlight your hair just be sure to take your extensions with you so your colorist can do a color match.  Extensions arent usually something I would recommend buying online unless you know exactly what you want.  You should always go in and see them for yourself...check the texture, color and density of the extensions.

#43 cricket2168

cricket2168
      • 77 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

Thank you so much! And thanks for looking for the band too! I really appreciate all your help!

Originally Posted by MVPHairMakeup 

Hi cricket2168,

You dont need to get the glued in extensions, especially if you are going to have an up-do.  Also, dont worry about getting asian hair, any human hair that is straight will do just fine.  What I do suggest is buying a weft of hair and not the clip-ins for your up-do.  If you buy a weft your stylist can build volume and has more control.  You can absolutley highlight your hair just be sure to take your extensions with you so your colorist can do a color match.  Extensions arent usually something I would recommend buying online unless you know exactly what you want.  You should always go in and see them for yourself...check the texture, color and density of the extensions.

#44 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
        • 91 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

My pleasure, Im glad I could help :)  Good luck with everything and enjoy yourself, it will be over in a blink of an eye.

#45 lopey99

lopey99
          • 159 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

thanks for all info ladies!

#46 Mwise17

Mwise17
            • 528 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Do any thin/fine haired brides that used clip ins have pics to share?  I want my hair in a low loose chignon, so think clip ins would be fine for that???  - not that I have ever tried any extensions before, but HATE HATE HATE my thin/fine frizzy hair, and absolutely need to bring some strands into the equasion for my big day!!!!!

#47 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
              • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

My profile pic here is of me in my clip in extensions with my bangs pulled back. My hair is almost shoulder length and very thin and fine. I got the extensions at Trade Secrets for around $60. These ones are not real hair but you can dye, curl or straighten them as desired. I went back and bought the same brand but made of real hair for my wedding day.They look a little better every time you put them in as you get better at placing the clips so they don't make any bumps. The ones I use for the wedding I will bring to my hairstylist to trim to just below my shoulders and put in a nice beachy wave as I will be wearing my hair down. Then on the big day all I need to do is put my hair in big fat rollers and then clip in my pre styled extensions!

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

Do any thin/fine haired brides that used clip ins have pics to share?  I want my hair in a low loose chignon, so think clip ins would be fine for that???  - not that I have ever tried any extensions before, but HATE HATE HATE my thin/fine frizzy hair, and absolutely need to bring some strands into the equasion for my big day!!!!!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users