Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4885 replies to this topic

#491 harv0136

• 137 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

Glad to hear your site visit went well. Can't wait to see pics and thanks for the info!

#492 MObride09

• 186 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

So happy to hear the site visit went well! Looking forward to the pics and thanks for the great information!:)

#493 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the review BethBride1, I'm excited to see all the pictures, and I think we will definitely be splurging for the outdoor reception because that was my dream in the beginning anyway!
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#494 sfrench0621

• 242 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Hmm so strange. That's the exact email response Claudia gave me. I am making a trip down in January, so maybe when I meet my WC in person they'll give me the option of the mariachi?

It sounds like the resort is beautiful and you had a great trip. I can't wait to see all of your photos!

Originally Posted by BethBride1
          SFrench- are you sure you have the correct information? I just got back from my site visit and she did not say that the Mariachi band was not available for the ceremony anymore. She included that as one of the options for us, and actually that is what we chose.

#495 FutureMrs.D

• 191 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

BethBride1- Thank you so much for the review and all of the great info!! Can't wait to see the pics you took!

#496 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Hi All,

Im thinking of having my wedding at the Barcelo...any thoughts on things you would or wouldnt have done looking back at it?

#497 pebbles

• 54 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Bethbride1!
                I can't wait to see pictures! If you can't post them on here for some reason do you think you can email them to a couple of us? I would love to see pictures of the reception on the beach. We want to get married by the beach/pool side and decided to make the $1000 splurg. Is the reception right on the beach or the pool area? I want it outside with view of ocean but not right on the sand.

The boys are wearing dress shorts so I don't even think they would be a allowed in the banquet hall......does anyone know if long pants are a must in the hall?

#498 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

Can you email me that menu list as for some reason I dont have access to it on here....

#499 yesther

• 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Thanks BethBride for your review! It was great!
                    As a side note...does anyone that is working with a travel agent get some perks for having guests book through them? I feel like my TA is not doing anything for me...except getting a commission! Am I wrong to feel like I should at least be getting some of my stay subsidized if I am guaranteeing 10-15 rooms?

#500 yesther

• 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Out of curiosity, was anyone offered any incentives or freebies through Barcelo and/or your TA? I just spoke with one TA (I am thinking about jumping ship to another TA) and he said that the freebies (tours or free stays/upgrades for the bride) are contingent on what is being offered by Barcelo.

Any one hear the same or different?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users