• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#4001 amcoletta88

amcoletta88
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mel888 

Hey ladies,

I am back from the wedding, everything went great. Just waiting for my photos before I write a review.Let me know if you have any questions!

Congrats on your wedding!! What location did you get married at?? We're set to get married and have our reception at Playa Azul in 2 weeks, and there has been lots of confusion on whether or not the Palapa was still standing-- do you happen to know if it is or not?

#4002 missfreckles

missfreckles
    • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by gilmana 

It was not there when I was there in January 2013 and I had been there in January 2012 so I knew where it was but now it didn't look like it had ever been there.   

I just got married at the end of April and I was told it might not ever be but back up.

#4003 missfreckles

missfreckles
      • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by VanManning 

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I have picked the Strawberry Passion package.  Our wedding coordinator (Victoria) told us we had the following options for live music during the ceremony:

-Violin

-Flute

-Saxaphone

We are leaning towards violin but I would like hear feedback from from any brides who have already been married at the Barcelo Maya Palace?  We are getting married in the gazebo if that matters.

Another option is to have my sister sing as she is a singer.  I am a little worried that her voice wouldn't carry well over the sound of background noises?  Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Vanessa

We did the violin and it was great...but to be honest that will the last thing on your mind as your walking down the aisle.

#4004 missfreckles

missfreckles
        • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I've been back almost a month now from my wedding ... I can't believe it's over.

If anyone has questions please ask away !

#4005 aholt1313

aholt1313
          • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am looking for some help.

we are making welcome bags- and want to include a welcome book. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me their templates or what they have included in the books???

Also- we are looking to now get a videographer....any suggestions or ideas? we are thinking of using the ones on the resort so we can get away from spending the extra vendor fees...

we are getting married on July 5th... :)

#4006 june2013bride

june2013bride
            • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

hello miss freckles,

who did you go with for hair and make up and how much?  also, did you bring your own decor?  any tips?

thanks,

#4007 DiggityDawn

DiggityDawn
              • 167 posts
              • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
              • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I've read on this thread (toward the beginning) that the turf and turf dinner option costs extra. Does anyone know if it costs extra for the Strawberry package or is it one of the dinner options included in that package? 

Also wondering if anyone knows how much an extra reception hour costs?

Thanks!

#4008 gilmana

gilmana
              • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by DiggityDawn 

I've read on this thread (toward the beginning) that the turf and turf dinner option costs extra. Does anyone know if it costs extra for the Strawberry package or is it one of the dinner options included in that package? 

Also wondering if anyone knows how much an extra reception hour costs?

Thanks!

The Surf and Turf does NOT cost extra for the strawberry package.  It is one of the dinner options included.  I don't remember exactly how much each hour extra costs - but I think its like $14/person.  That just basically covers the alcohol and bar service.  We did it and made sure that they did not charge us for the kids.

#4009 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
                • 389 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

The Surf and Turf does NOT cost extra for the strawberry package.  It is one of the dinner options included.  I don't remember exactly how much each hour extra costs - but I think its like $14/person.  That just basically covers the alcohol and bar service.  We did it and made sure that they did not charge us for the kids.

I think it was somewhere around $12 per person for the extra hour and they made sure they didn't count the kids in ours either. I think it was DEFINITELY worth paying for, we actually ended up extending by 3 hours!

#4010 OceanPhoto

OceanPhoto
                  • Vendor
                  • 84 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

We wish you all the best during your wedding planning process!  We are glad you have chosen Riviera Maya to celebrate such an important ocassion. Will be a pleasure for us to be your hosts at Barcel³ Maya Palace :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users