#601 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KLC77
    FI and GM's pants need to be hemmed.
    Oh dear...I better check with FI that this doesn't need to be done! Thanks for the reminder!!

#602 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

ToBeMitchell: Holy crap! MIL hasn't booked her trip and your leaving in 3 weeks? Now that is rude. I am sorry.

So I caught up on all the posts. I am happy to have someone that is in the same boat as I am!
      Good news: No more travel for work until Jan 5th! Then, only 2 more weeks of travel before the wedding! Wow, time flies.

My veil came in, I am wearing it around the house! And my dress was altered and looks great! I don't even need spanx which will be nice for the heat.
      JUST IN: All attendant and parents gifts are bought and will be wrapped in a few minutes. We are giving them their gifts at Christmas so I don't have to carry them!
      FI has his belt and shoes. He just needs to run in and have his suit altered (it's already there) and pick up a shirt and he is ready to go.
      I need to pick up my TTD and go with girls to pick up BM dresses from the tailor.
      I need to write content for menus, programs, placecards and get them to the girls who are making them for me- I delegated!
      Work on ceremony, this is a biggie
      Organize my OOT bag items.
      Shop for a swim suit and that is it! I think. Probably not but it sounds good.

Merry Christmas!

#603 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

YAY!! I just ordering my hair flowers from Etsy! I will probably go with real flowers once there, but I wanted to have a back up just in case...and to try with my trial updo in a couple weeks! They were only just over $17 CDN...& that includes both & shipping!! Here they are...

Click the image to open in full size.
        Click the image to open in full size.

I also ordered 3 pashminas from the UK off ebay...I hope I get them in time!!

So...these 2 things do not help me with my to do list at since neither of them were even on it!! hahahaha

Oh well...they are done anyway!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

#604 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
        • 636 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

WOW your list is getting smaller Kate!! its down to days now..
          ToBeMitchell: Holy crap! MIL hasn't booked her trip and your leaving in 3 weeks? Now that is rude. I am sorry.

So I caught up on all the posts. I am happy to have someone that is in the same boat as I am!
          Good news: No more travel for work until Jan 5th! Then, only 2 more weeks of travel before the wedding! Wow, time flies.

My veil came in, I am wearing it around the house! And my dress was altered and looks great! I don't even need spanx which will be nice for the heat.
          JUST IN: All attendant and parents gifts are bought and will be wrapped in a few minutes. We are giving them their gifts at Christmas so I don't have to carry them!
          FI has his belt and shoes. He just needs to run in and have his suit altered (it's already there) and pick up a shirt and he is ready to go.
          I need to pick up my TTD and go with girls to pick up BM dresses from the tailor.
          I need to write content for menus, programs, placecards and get them to the girls who are making them for me- I delegated!
          Work on ceremony, this is a biggie
          Organize my OOT bag items.
          Shop for a swim suit and that is it! I think. Probably not but it sounds good.

Merry Christmas!

#605 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kate.com

My veil came in, I am wearing it around the house!
            Kate, this had me cracking up! I want mine to come in!
            So, my logo stickers came from zazzle today, but they screwed up and shorted me three sheets of stickers. So now I have to wait for replacements. They look cute tho!

Sounds like everyone is getting all the things on their lists done. I gotta work out. I was doing so well for so long, but haven't done anything in a couple of weeks. If thinking about exercising made you skinny I'd be a size 0! hahaha Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
            ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#606 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
            • 636 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KLC77
              I gotta work out. I was doing so well for so long, but haven't done anything in a couple of weeks. If thinking about exercising made you skinny I'd be a size 0! hahaha Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

LOL Kelly, I think that too!!!
              I haven't worked out in almost two weeks... I lost my drive and can't seem to get it back.. and whats worse- I have no excuse, the gym is 2 floors down in our building, I can't even blame the weather to say I couldn't get there bc of all the snow..
              I just want to drink lots of yummy xmas bevi's and eat cookies... how bad is that!!

#607 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
              • 397 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

great job ladies! i haven't posted in forever, and i feel VERY behind....
                (reality check: scott and i will be married in ONE WEEK!!!!) <------

SO much has happened in a short amount of time:

-we have a place to LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! ((that's a HUGE relief because now we have somewhere to rest when we come home! the AHR is two days after we get back, so the no home situation was a huge stress.)

-finished the BM gifts (minus the thank you notes)

-finished music selections for reception and gave the list to our "music man" (a groomsman) who is in charge of making the playlist and bringing the iPod

-three people have backed out last minute lowering our count from 29 to 26.... <---this really bummed me out.

i still have a TON of little things to do. goals for today: FINISH welcome packet and FINISH menus

P.S. I found Daily Spanish Phrases for Dummies in Target's $1-Spot yesterday!!!!!! They also had Daily Spanish, but I think the phrases were more appropriate for our group! :)

#608 teacherbride

teacherbride
                • 354 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Way to go Nicole! I am SO excited for you! Sounds like you're pretty calm too, I'm sure having a place to live when you get back really helps.

#609 beachbride09

beachbride09
                  • 150 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hello Ladies!

It's been a while since I've posted (as well); as much as I love Christmas, kinda glad it's over so we can focus on our daughters 2nd birthday (jan 12) and then our cruise wedding!

Small updates:

Cut about 7 inches of hair off and I still don't know how I want it to look for the wedding
                    Bought a silk orchid for my hair (small), and while I like it - not sure if it's what I want.

I am stuck on a hair style.

3 weeks until we fly out to Florida and 3 weeks 1 day until the cruise begins. Starting to get excited but not as much as I thought I would be at this point.

I have a 'fun veil' that I bought off Etsy and I wore it around to... break it in... for the first week I got it
                    http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
                    Grand Cayman Island

#610 teacherbride

teacherbride
                    • 354 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hey ladies,

I have to post b/c I had a very productive day!!!

I...

Picked up my dress which is now perfect after it's final alterations!
                      Found and bought the 7 travel candles I needed at Michaels for .68c
                      Bought the sand for our sand ceremony
                      Bought the palm-tree punch I wanted for our welcome letters
                      Completed all the thank you cards from my 4 wedding showers
                      Finally received GM attire, just need some footwear now

Tomorrow FI and I plan on crossing off at least 3 more things on our list!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users