January 2009 Brides Post Here
Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:23 PM
I'd LOVE it outdoors, but I'm afraid it might get too chilly once the sun goes down. So as of now (and it might change) we're talking about doing a 2 hour outdoor coctail hour and a dinner reception to follow indoors. (wedding at 2, coctails from 3-5, dinner 5-)
Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:10 PM
So far We've: ordered my dress, sent STD, received RSVP's booked all hotel rooms, booked airfare for us and all our family members, Sent out MIB invites to those who are attending and close family who's unable to attend, are in the process of booking photographer. WC emailed me our 4 course meal options this morning. Also gathering items for the sand ceremony, OOT bags, ect. I think the most important things to do next are FINALIZE and pay the photographer, & order Bridesmaid dresses (they are already picked out After that, just the little ins and outs. Our wedding package made things very easy I think I find a new idea on here everyday too LOL so much do do so little time. To answer your question: we're having our wedding and reception on the beach!!! Where is everyone at so far? Anyone stumpped on anything?
Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:30 PM
We are getting married on the beach. Having a cocktail hour on the beach and then dinner/dancing on the deck of one of the restaurants. So outside the whole time. I'm an outside kind of a girl...
Still need to book flights and no guests booked yet...
Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:41 PM
Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:32 AM
Yay! I am so excited to have this thread going!
I too am a January Bride!!!
Engaged: November 8, 2007
Engagement Photos: December 2007 (done by photographer as below)
Photographer: Booked - it is my wonderful friend and professional photographer Kellie and her husband Jamie who will be joining us for the first week
Research Trip: to find a resort - February 2008
Resort Chosen: Barcelo Marina Palace, Varadero Cuba
Travel Agent: Megan Crouse of Oceans Travel and Cruises
Engagement Photo Sent with STD:
Our Passport Invites:
Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:54 AM
We're getting married on January 28th, 2009 too!
We've sent out our invites (included in the envelope was the travel info and travel agent contact info) and skipped the STD because the deposits are due on June 30th so those people who know there going need the info asap. Our agent has blocked 20 rooms and 40 flights for us until the end of June, and any rooms/flights that aren't booked will be released in July. We sent out about 75 invites, to about 140 people. We are expecting 40 people from the preliminary calculations, but everyday we hear of people we thought for sure are coming aren't able to anymore, and those who were not coming are now making the trip....so we'll have a better idea when the deposits are in, but I know there are going to be some last minute bookers...so I'll probably know the final number the week before.
We have booked our room for 2 weeks and put down our deposit back in March. I am going dress shopping for the first time next Thursday with my whole crew - mom, grandmother, MOH, MIL, and my brother's GF.
I put my MOH on the case to find a dress she likes. I don't really care what she and my other bridesmaid wears except that it needs to be aqua/teal and I have to approve the final choice cause I'm paying for it.
We've looked for wedding bands, but no decision yet.
That's it...that's all I've done...I feel so behind compared to you other January brides!
Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:15 PM
- JUNE: Mail MIB invites, book photographer, chose dinner menu, decide about bridal shower.
- Mail announcements, begin gathering, wedding favors for OOT bags, Decide on shoes/barefoot sandals, look at wedding pic. poses we like, look at flower pics. we like, Email them to WC. Confirm who's watching our animals while we're away.
- JULY:Continue gathering OOT stuff and decorations, Gather any legal documents needed, (July is both our birthdays, sis' birthday and parents Anniversary so I kept the list small for this month)
- AUGUST: My dress comes in! Get alterations made, purchase BM dresses, (they are already picked out) Create Wedding program, OOT booklet, Resort info, Thank you cards, finish OOT bags, make/buy barefoot sandals (we'll see how making everything else goes LOL)
- SEPTEMBER: Mail all bachelorette invites (the guys all just call eachother lol) Arrange sand ceremony, Buy FI's ring, FI'swedding attire,Groomsmen attire.
- OCTOBER: BACHLORE/BACHLORETTE PARTIES (end of the month)
- NOVEMBER: Remaining hotel cost due to Elaine Flick, Check in with photographer,Confirm colors, menu, cake, flowers, wedding set-up.
- DECEMBER:Send "Travel Brochure" to all attending guests. Create/finalize my personal wedding list, Arrange Photography schedule, create schedule for wedding day, make seating chart for reception, Get "legally married" at Denver Courthouse, Make sure dress fits, check ALL reservations, paperwork, vows, get paperwork ready to change name.
- JANUARY: GET MARRIED ON JANUARY 4, 2009 at 4:00pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:16 PM
Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:27 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users