January 2009 Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#251 morenaindc

• 221 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

I would be interested in knowing more about the cup deal ie...how much are they? I would need approximately 50 (dont have a good count right now)

#252 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by nicoleandscott
      ok girls, i need some advice! my colors for the wedding are navy blue and "sunflower" yellow (not to be specific or anything...haha), and i'm trying to envision our ceremony....

Click the image to open in full size.
      colors (bmaids' dress detail with sash)

this picture is from the sheraton hacienda del mar website and is basically what made me want a DW....
      Click the image to open in full size.

soooo, we won't be that close to the water but oh well! i know we'll have white chair covers (required and provided), but i can't decide if i want white sashes or navy sashes on the chairs....white sashes are free but navy are approx. $4 per sash...the petals will be yellow rose petals instead of pink, and i don't want anything @ the "altar" (just me, scott, preacher, and 5 attendants on each side)....SOOOOO what do you think: navy sashes or no? i can't decide if it's worth the cash...? ((same dilemma for the reception))

let me know what you think.....other suggestions are welcome!
      I say go with the navy. It will add some colour to things.

#253 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by jcarson
        We are date twins
        That's really cool! You will have to show me your pics when you return.
        I have talked with a couple people that have my date. The other girl is actually going to the resort I am and her wedding is after ours.
        22's are just in with us (both b-day's are 22's) so we figured keep the chain going.

#254 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

Geez, I go away for 2 days and there 5 pages of new posts! Welcome to all who have joined the thread in the past few days. I've been getting moving with my planning again after taking a few weeks off. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Originally Posted by Davematthews16
          Dez(And anyone else interested)-I'm only having 22 guests but LOVE these cups. http://bestdestinati.... changing cups BUT, you have to order like 200 of them. If we could get enough people to split them I would love to. They wouldn't be able to be too personalized, but Mexico 2009 and a starfish or palmtree works for me...Anyone else interested?
          Andrea, I love these too, but didn't want to end up with 250 of them! I would need 40. If we can get enough people who need them I'd love to order with everyone. Starfish are all-over my wedding stuff so that'd work for me, but if someone comes up with something else that'd probably work too.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#255 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

OOOh, I might be interested in going in on the cups. I have to talk to FI first (not tonight lol). We were talking about doing travel mugs, so I have to see if he wants to do the cups instead. I'm not 100% sure how many I need right now because we still have people booking and our deadline isn't until mid-November, but I'm sure to have a better idea of the number in Sept or so...

Anyway, depeding on when you put the order in adn what FI wants to do, we might be in :)

My shower was this weekend :) Other than the massive fight with FI RIGHT before it, it was wonderful. I have to wait for everyone to send me their pics and then I'll post a thread :) I can't wait to use all my fun new toys!!!!!!
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#256 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

i don't think the aqua shirts and vests will be too feminin, but I saw put one together and see what you think of it...take a pic so we can see too :)
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#257 erinnjosh

• 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

Dez---how fun!! I won't have a shower until December =) I'm nervous about opening gifts in front of all my FI's mother's friends....I'll have to drink a little wine first =) and yes, we'll have to meet at the MP since we're both staying there and getting married a day apart =) The planner on-site planner with Aventura is wonderful!! But I hope I don't wish I'd stayed at MP!

And I'd go with one color Sash. I like Navy and then the pretty flowers will "pop" =)

I'm trying to pick out invitations this week! My mom and family are NO HELP. I swear no one has an opinion until I make a decision =) ANOTHER reason I'm having a DW!!!!

Oh--and I found my MOH dress on ebay, it's jcrew and a green color called aloe.

I'll post pictures of everything soon! Everyone looks so beautiful in theirs!

Time for another work week! =)

#258 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

I was gonna do Bubba Kegs but it was gonna be too pricey.
                  I did normal plastic drinking cups that flash colour when you turn them on. It has a mini flip flop with our names and wedding date attached :)
                  I think they will be neat.

#259 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

I had my shower this past weekend. In case you didnt' see the thread, here it is (with lots of pics!)

#260 Davematthews16

• Banned
                    • 1,051 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

Looks like you had a blast Dez!!! I hope you guys got everything you wanted!!!! I'm not sure about the whole shower thing? My mom has mentioned it before, but I haven't heard anything further. The only thing we are "registered for" is $ for our honeymoon, so I'm not sure how we would have a "shower." Almost one more month down can you believe it? I feel like a broken record but I'm having such a hard time with the GM clothing!!! AHHHHHHH Everytime I think I have it figured out there either isn't the right size, isn't the right color, isn't the right this, or isn't the right that! I'm ready to scream!!! And my FI's suit came in and his pants look like MC hammer!!! I was trying not to giggle, but after he was like "Oh I think it fits perfectly" I had to tell him how low his crotch was actually hanging. (men are so funny sometimes) Anyway, he's been losing weight so I don't know if he should wait another month or two and order a different size, or order now? I'm affraid the suit will be out of stock. Who would have thought the MEN'S clothing would be such a PITA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users