What Size Dress To Order??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

I was hoping brides who bought their dress could help me out. Here is my problem. I fell in love it a wedding dress about 2 months ago oh it is so beautiful!! I have been working out really hard and wanted to loose an additional 20 lbs before our wedding. So I paid for the dress but asked if they could wait to hold off on ordering it and see how much I could loose. So on June 2nd I am suppose to go back to be fitted and order the dress. I lost about 8 lbs and was able to get into the next size down and I was about 2 inches away from being into the next size down dress (so that is 2 sizes from when I bought the dress). Of course being so close to my goal somethng had to go wrong.... I broke my foot this week. So I am pretty much laid up for the next week or two and no gym for me for 6 weeks at least. Our wedding is in 9 months, the dress has bust lines so it can only be taken in 2 possibly 3 sizes would you order the smaller size that I was close to get into, even though I will not be that size when I order the dress? or should I get the bigger but then my concern is that I will have to stop loosing weight possibly before my goal. AHHH...

Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 Kryztan

• 743 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

Check to see how long the dress order is. Most dresses take about 12 weeks order time. I would wait a little longer so that you dont have to pay for multiple alterations to take it in. They get expensive!

#3 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

It seems like you have a long time before you really have to order your dress. I think mine is taking 5 months and my wedding is a little less than nine months. I think 5 months is on the long end of the rage for dresses, and the salesperson told me that I would be safe ordering in august for a february wedding. Unless the dress takes 6+ months to make I don't see the rush to order it now. Is it being discontinued or something

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

I would order two sizes down. You have nine months, that is plenty of time.

#5 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

Thanks! The dress will take about 4 months. So I thought if I changed my date to order the dress until mid July then I would have about 2 months for alterations.

#6 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

do you ladies find you need to order a couple sizes larger than you actually are?? I ordered mine today and was surprised at the size I actually needed.

#7 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

I was told that during alterations they can take the dress in two whole sizes and it be ok, if you can put off ordering a few more months I would do that and order the size you are at that time. You dont want to be in a huge bind if your dress is no where close to fitting. This way you can have the glory of having it taken in.

#8 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

I did notice that I had to order a dress larger then I am.

#9 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

I called the salon where I bought the dress and they said I can put off ordering the dress until August so that is Great! I was just told today I can got back to the gym to work upper body so I am getting lots of good info today!

#10 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Great news on both parts! Sending positive gym vibes your way so you can work hard to get into the size you'd like! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users