Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#1471 SunnyBride

SunnyBride
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dana_C
    Hey ladies! Does anyone know if MP has you sign something (like a cute certificate etc.) if you do the symbolic ceremony? I still want to have those pics and sign something since we won't be telling our guests that we'll be legally married before we go down...
    We are doing the exact same thing, and my wedding coordinator told me that there will be a symbolic certificate that we'll sign at the ceremony.

#1472 SarahandRichard

SarahandRichard
    • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Shires:

Congratulations!
      I wouldn't worry about it. My hair and makeup were finnished at about 9:45. I had to wait til about 10:15 for the flower to be put in my hair. But if you have that planned with your coordinator ahead of time you should be finnished by 9:45. Even though by the time me and my bridesmaids got back to the room it was already 10:20 and my dad and the carriage was picking me up at 10:30. We didn't feel rushed. We were dressed by 10:30 just in time for the photographer to take pictures and then we were on our way.
      You should have plenty of time.

#1473 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
      • 274 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

Question for any of you ladies who used an alternate aisle runner or are planning to:

How are you transporting it down with you? Or does the MP have any available?

#1474 johnson_jc

johnson_jc
        • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hi all! I just posted my review from my wedding back in November. The following is the link -

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35129

I haven't had a chance to add pictures yet, but I will tomorrow hopefully!

#1475 SarahandRichard

SarahandRichard
          • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

http://bestdestinati....061#post657790

Hi everyone I just posted a few pictures. This is the link.

I hope you all have as great a wedding as I did. Good luck.

Sarah

#1476 Dana_C

Dana_C
            • 348 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for sharing Joni!! Congratulations- I'm so glad you had a great experience at MP, and I can't wait to see your pics!!

#1477 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kennynicole
                Ohh….I have another question for all of you well informed MP gals/and maybe guys. Do you have to stand behind the table during the ceremony? I have watched a few ceremonies on YouTube and the bride and groom are always behind a table. Not to sound conceited but I want my FI and I to be front and center for the big day not hidden away behind a table

We were married at the MP last April - we only stood behind the altar for pictures/champagne - otherwise we were "front and center" throughout the ceremony - they did include our guests in the ceremony as far as everyone wishing a blessing on our marriage - it felt very personal - and I never felt like I was tucked behind a table!

#1478 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,513 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=kennynicole;649390]

1. To veil or not to veil? I wore a veil - it was windy but the photog had me tuck it into the back of my dress for close-ups and it looked great - otherwise it was kinda cool to see it blowing in the wind on some of the pics!

2. Have you seen the beach at MP b4? The beach does have seaweed on it - but they clean it up really good and they have some romantic spots with nice chairs and covered areas as well so it really isn't a big problem.

3. Bug bites Nobody in our group got any bug bites - I never even saw any bugs!!

4. Photogs….I used MP photog and was SO SO SO happy with the pictures - they seriously turned out fantastic!! I feel 100% confident recommending you use the MP photog - they did great - here is an example of one of our pics :

Click the image to open in full size.

5. What package are you doing? We did the free package - but got the horse drawn carriage - we had a cocktail hour before the reception - we actually skipped the sit down meal and I'm glad we did because the cocktail hour had tons of food and they set up tables and chairs off to the side of our reception site - it worked out great - people could eat, dance, drink, and we had our own private bar the whole time - all FREE!! It was fantastic!!

#1479 Dana_C

Dana_C
                  • 348 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

I have another quick question- has anyone had, or is anyone planning on having cupcakes instead of their wedding cake?? I just saw it as an option on the attachment but wasn't sure which is tastier or if there's no difference...

#1480 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                    • 1,634 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

Good question Dana C - i would love to know that as well, as I'd rather have cupcakes - less waste!hee hee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users