Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomas5555 View Post
Hi Siobhan!
Hope you are enjoying your time with your sister!
Sure, the day after sounds great too! Whichever works for you!
So, August 12th would be a Tuesday. We are staying on the Grand side.
How will we find each other? : )

-Melissa

Hi Melissa!

My name is Laura and I am a soon to be bride at Moon Palace and am requesting through my TA to have the Grand Side for our stay as well as our guests.

I noticed that you are staying on the Grande Side. How did you assure this booking? Can you let me know what is what like - we are anxious to see more photos of it and how the construction is going.

We are hoping to have our civil cermoney at the Chapel Gazebo and I believe the the Grand Side is closest to this gazebo. I think the Grand Side is next to the Nizu Side.

Thanks ~ I appreciate your help!

Have fun~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Hi Melissa!

My name is Laura and I am a soon to be bride at Moon Palace and am requesting through my TA to have the Grand Side for our stay as well as our guests.

I noticed that you are staying on the Grande Side. How did you assure this booking? Can you let me know what is what like - we are anxious to see more photos of it and how the construction is going.

We are hoping to have our civil cermoney at the Chapel Gazebo and I believe the the Grand Side is closest to this gazebo. I think the Grand Side is next to the Nizu Side.

Thanks ~ I appreciate your help!

Have fun~
Hi Laura!
We booked through my MIL's RCI timeshare and that's where they automatically put us- (the Grand side). Our guests are staying on the Nizuc side which is very close to the Grand. Actually, I believe the Grand is considered an addition to the Nizuc.
I will be sure to take lots of pictures and let you know how the construction is going.
Happy Planning!

Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Sharla - I love your photos - it looked amazing!

I hope to have my civil ceremony at the Chapel Gazebo and then a cocktail reception followed right after the ceremony - then we can have our pics done at the beach while our guests enjoy some tappas and bevies.

Can I assume that you can do this are they flexible? What was your planning experience like once you arrived at the resort?

TY
They are pretty flexible. Let them have an idea of what you want before you get there and then confirm it at your meeting. I didn't get into the planning of it too much because I was so frustrating with the lack of communication from my WC...so I gave up. I'm glad I didn't put too much effort into it because everything is pretty easy to negotiate once you arrive! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharlaScott View Post
They are pretty flexible. Let them have an idea of what you want before you get there and then confirm it at your meeting. I didn't get into the planning of it too much because I was so frustrating with the lack of communication from my WC...so I gave up. I'm glad I didn't put too much effort into it because everything is pretty easy to negotiate once you arrive! :)
That's so great to hear! your pics were beautiful and I'm glad everything worked out!! I think I'm just going to wait until the 90 days before and then get a few things squared away, then plan the rest when we get there!! any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam1984 View Post
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone's planning is going well and stress free!!!

I am trying to decide what to do after the wedding. We are having a small wedding, 15 guests, so i dont really think i want a cocktail reception. I know we can have a restaurant meal but i wanted to do something different. I read somewhere that there is an evening boat trip you can take and have a meal and drink etc. I cant find the thread now tho!!
Does anyone know anything about it or am i imagining ithuh.gif

Thanks!! xx
Hey! we're getting married the 16th! I think your date said jan 17th right? i could be way off =) we're having a small wedding as well, 14-20. We're wanting it to be really intimate. We are getting married at 1 and are trying to figure out the best way to plan things. We may just have a late lunch/early dinner with everyone. We've looked at the boat trips as well to Isla Mujeres, and its still an option but costs 65-75 a person!! I haven't seen anything associated with the Moon Palace but if you find something let me know!!!

I don't think we're going to do a formal cocktail hour either. Does anyone know where you dance and do all of that stuff if you just have your group eat as a group in the restaurant?? how does that work??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinnjosh View Post
Hey! we're getting married the 16th! I think your date said jan 17th right? i could be way off =) we're having a small wedding as well, 14-20. We're wanting it to be really intimate. We are getting married at 1 and are trying to figure out the best way to plan things. We may just have a late lunch/early dinner with everyone. We've looked at the boat trips as well to Isla Mujeres, and its still an option but costs 65-75 a person!! I haven't seen anything associated with the Moon Palace but if you find something let me know!!!

I don't think we're going to do a formal cocktail hour either. Does anyone know where you dance and do all of that stuff if you just have your group eat as a group in the restaurant?? how does that work??
I just saw your post and was like "OMG, I have a date/location twin!!" So I went back and checked, her signature says June 17th I think :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinnjosh View Post
That's so great to hear! your pics were beautiful and I'm glad everything worked out!! I think I'm just going to wait until the 90 days before and then get a few things squared away, then plan the rest when we get there!! any tips?
Not really...just patience. They plan way too many weddings there sometimes and can make you feel like you're just another one of their tasks. But I guarantee on your day you WILL feel like the only one. They will make that happen, no matter what it is you need!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenaandAndy View Post
We are only about one month away. Wedding is September 6, 2008. Wedding will be at the Imaculate Conception Chapel (gazebo). Reception at the Buganvilia Terrace.
Welcome Lorena!
How is everything going?

-Melissa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×