Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutierosie View Post
April 11, 2009, I was just charged yesterday for my deposit to confirm the date of ceremony and room blocks :)
Ohhh congrats. Well Im 1-23-09 so when i find info about my beach ceremony ill share with you in case you didnt find anything before then. We'll be a team to annoy them haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMD12309 View Post
Ohhh congrats. Well Im 1-23-09 so when i find info about my beach ceremony ill share with you in case you didnt find anything before then. We'll be a team to annoy them haha
That is very sweet of you...so I checked out the vendor pookie talked about and they have beach set ups there, but you can't enlarge the pics...you should check them out anyway

home

Ok ladies, I'm an expert at herassing my contact in FL and I can probably answer some of your questions...

Quote:
Posting again, hope this works

Beach setup at Moon palace here:

Click the image to open in full size.

This is the set-up I would like at the MP, and would like a quote, if anyone can ask their WC (i dont' have one yet) that would be great thanks!

I don't know about the ceremony on the beach, but I know that doing a coctail reception on the beach is an additional $10 per person. I think the ceremony might be a couple of hundred dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrose View Post
Does anyone know about prices for under table lighting and colored linens? I'm trying to decide if it would be more cost effective to order my own colored linens or rent them.
I was quoted $16 per table for Aqua table linnens...this is just the table cloth, not napkins or chair covers...

Quote:
Pookie, My WC in florida has not even sent me the room link yet.. and told me these decorating things get fixed out 90 days before the wedding, but I want to see what is in my budget...and that is why I am asking now.

In any case, if you run out of stuff to ask for your wedding, please please ask about my beach set up question and I would appreciate it a ton!!!!

It took us about 3 weeks to get the damn link...and believe me, it was 3 weeks of me nagging! They'll get it to you.

If you ask a lot of questions and tell them you need prives for bugetting reasons (over and over) they will get you prices. Also, if you are doing a private reception, you can request it once you get your link. You request it with the FL office and they can send it to the Mexico office. I know because I just did it. My wedding isn't for almost 7 more months.

Hey Dez,

Thank you for your help! From another moon palace bride that got married on the beach, a simple bamboo with flowers on the beach was quoted 400-800 just for the set up of that arch.

I have also heard they charge 10 per person for the beach set up...that is why I'm concerned about the budget, cuz I am asking for tents, seat covers, flowers etc...

I can't wait to hear how much they are going to charge me so I can start cutting other things...

As far as the linens, I am pretty sure you can buy them for cheaper... if you are doing an aqua wedding, you may also just want to do blue napkins instead like Pookie is doing? (don't know if that is cheaper lol), or you can just do aqua accents on the table...

Quote:
Does anybody know how long the actual ceremony lasts? and what they say. All the DW ive seen on my vacations last like 10 minutes!
Don't know but I think it depends on how long you want it to be no longer than an hour though (cuz that is too long for a beach wedding more so if it is in the sun).

You can ask the minister to say whatever you want if it is symbolic right?

Quote:
i guess...I want them to say the typical stuff haha I also want a sand ceremony i wrote out for the guy to say its not long at all.
I want to do a sand ceremony TOO! Where do you buy the decorations for that? Any good place online?