Photo

EDR brides-I need advice!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

I am not sure what to do for my guests regarding having a welcome dinner/rehearsal. I think we have decided not to have a private dinner for our reception since we are only having 10 people for our wedding, so our reception will be the free dinner at the resort. My question is what should I do the night before the wedding, do I host another dinner at the resort, private cocktail reception (which might look odd since there is only 10 of us) or don't do anything? I feel like I should do something since everyone is spending so much to be at my wedding!

Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Jennifer

#2 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
    • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Since there are only ten of you, did you think about maybe splurging for an excursion for everyone?

#3 maymay29

maymay29
      • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

I am also getting married at EDR with under 12 people - so was wondering what other people were doing. Does anyone know where I can find info on smaller cocktail style parties? I have also been thinking about doing an excursion - again, does anyone know the cost of visiting one of the nearby ruins - Tulum for example?
        Thanks

#4 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

how about working off the cuff - ask people to meet you in the bar ask what people fancy doing and then they aren't under any pressure to go and neither are you

Then take it from there

#5 jcoe34

jcoe34
          • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

I think we are gonna go somewhere offsite for rehearsal dinner type of thing, nothing too fancy

#6 Melba

Melba
            • 132 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

I would think that for 10 people, you don't need to do a private cocktail reception, you can just all meet at one of the bars. We went to dinner with about 10-12 people at La Isla after our private cocktail party and got seated pretty quickly too.

If you had enough money, I'd agree with the others and do an excursion. Whether a catamaran close by or a trip to Tulum, depending on how long your guests are staying.

#7 mabride09

mabride09
              • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

A cockatail reception sounds good!

#8 BandE2008

BandE2008
                • 228 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Melba
                  I would think that for 10 people, you don't need to do a private cocktail reception, you can just all meet at one of the bars. We went to dinner with about 10-12 people at La Isla after our private cocktail party and got seated pretty quickly too.

If you had enough money, I'd agree with the others and do an excursion. Whether a catamaran close by or a trip to Tulum, depending on how long your guests are staying.
                  I agree with this.
                  Especially since with most DW, and I know at EDR, you dont do a rehersal of any sorts.
                  I dont think people would expect anything either.

If you want to do something
                  I think an excursion, meeting at one of the bars on the grounds (a dinner you might not be seated together from what I have read), and/or going to a resturant off site are all great ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users