| Originally Posted by Alyssa |
seriously if they screw you over we are coming after them - it will NOT BE PRETTY!
The Gallery Inn changed my contract-now out of price range
Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:52 AM
Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:00 AM
Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:17 AM
Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:48 PM
Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:22 PM
If this is the case then you may need to look quickly for a new venue and threaten them with pulling out completely. Also let them know you will be letting future brides know of the difficulty you had working with them, and point them in the direction of this forum so they know the influence that you have over a bad review for their business.
Good luck and I am so sorry you have to go through this:)
Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:15 PM
I have contacted a couple of other venues and am waiting for the replies. If this does fall through, I think we will for sure unleash the power of BDW. I'm just so frustrated right now, I should be debating earrings, not searching for my perfect locale!
Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:21 PM
Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:56 PM
Dear Michael and Jamie,
Permit me to go over the prices sent to you in yesterday's fax:
The musician charged $150 for the additional hour, $600 is for four hours instead of three.
The dinner price went from $116 to $125 per person due to the 40% decrease in persons attending.
The $18 drink price per person will include your beverages for the arrival hour, the reception, and the dinner, a total of four hours. This is a substantial reduction of the original price you were quoted of $1,400.00.
I have waived the wedding ceremony set up charges for the Sunken Wedding Garden, as well as any charge for the reception in the Alamanda Garden, and use of the Inn for the Rehearsal. In the event of rain, the wedding will be set up in the Print Room, and Janmari Garden, also free of charge.
Since we sat down those many months ago I have given, and have successfully planned, 11 weddings using our new spaces. You should be pleased to know that your quote price from May 20, 2008 represents more than a 50% discount from our standard prices.
I will await your contact. If you still wish to cancel you have my blessing. However, I ask that you make your decision by Friday, the 23rd of May, so we can make the space available to other clients should you decline to hold your wedding here.
I have in writing that everything she is "comping" was already included. I am so devastated right now. If I get legal on her, she'll wreck my wedding. If I decline the new prices, I am at square one with no WC or a person on the ground to help me line up everything.
Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:58 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users