Photo

Are you wearing a Garter

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#91 bediva33

bediva33
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

We won't be doing that or the bouquet toss. I find the whole garter thing awkward. I've felt that way at every wedding I've ever attended.

#92 magirl

magirl
    • 198 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

I'm sooo glad so many of you agree about not doing either! I always thought the garter thing was weird and awkward. Its a little to sexy for a family affair in my opinion.

#93 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
      • 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

I am going to...I found really cute ones in our colors on Etsy with little starfish on them.

#94 hat0112

hat0112
        • 1,219 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

I plan on wearing a garter, but we aren't doing the bouquet or garter toss. My FI and I had a bad experience at a wedding during that and vowed to never participate in it again.

Now I did buy a garter, but I have thick thighs (from dancing for 12 years) so I will only wear it if I lose some more weight and I don’t feel like it is going to cut off my circulation.

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#95 Princess J

Princess J
          • 424 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

I am for sure! I bought one from another bride with a crystal starfish on it and blue trim. Too cute!

50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#96 Princess J

Princess J
            • 424 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

What was your experience?

Originally Posted by hat0112 

I plan on wearing a garter, but we aren't doing the bouquet or garter toss. My FI and I had a bad experience at a wedding during that and vowed to never participate in it again.

Now I did buy a garter, but I have thick thighs (from dancing for 12 years) so I will only wear it if I lose some more weight and I don’t feel like it is going to cut off my circulation.

50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#97 akua420

akua420
              • 301 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

I'm not going to, whats the point if I'm not wearing stockings to hold up!  And pretty much everyone is already amrried so no point on the bouquet toss, hahaha.

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#98 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                • 218 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

No way, I think my legs are going to be hot enough in the dress so I really don't want him going up in there especially in front of other people!

#99 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
                  • 193 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

I don't know...I am pretty sure I wont be doing a garter toss or bouquet toss but I still would like just because I guess...I found one on etsy but it's way beyond my price range ($85)...unless I get a really good deal on something else or someone gifted it to meI wouldn't splurge on it....

il_fullxfull.162092441.jpg

#100 DWBride615

DWBride615
                    • 852 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

I agree with a lot of the ladies on here about the garter toss being a little too sexy for a family affair, and I don't want people seeing the fabric under my dress either lol However, I do like including traditional events into the wedding (one being the garter toss), so I decided to change it up where I'm not really included in it. Our family and friends, guests, are rather humorous and are all for good fun. I talked to the Best Man(obviously my FH's best friend, so it's not some unknown random person) about this already and he's all for it.

Here it goes: Instead of a garter removal and toss, FI will have to put the garter ON blindfolded. Of course, he'll think that's its me he's putting the garter on, but as soon as he's blindfolded...I'm out of the chair and the BM will take my place (pant risen up to his knee and no shoe). It's the usual trick with a twist. I know he wouldn't take anything far b/c of the family present, even if it really was me instead of BM. I just hope he doesn't really think that hairy leg is mine lol

My sister wanted the BM to go a step further and actually wear a cheap, perhaps ugly, white dress during this but I said no. Besides, I think the hysterical laughter would tip off my FI LOL

I'll be wearing a garter regardless, but there'll be a cheap one used for the blindfolded switch and my garter won't be seen by anyone else but my FH ;-)

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users