Sign in to follow this  
Golden

Are you wearing a Garter

I'm sooo glad so many of you agree about not doing either! I always thought the garter thing was weird and awkward. Its a little to sexy for a family affair in my opinion.

I plan on wearing a garter, but we aren't doing the bouquet or garter toss. My FI and I had a bad experience at a wedding during that and vowed to never participate in it again.

Now I did buy a garter, but I have thick thighs (from dancing for 12 years) so I will only wear it if I lose some more weight and I don’t feel like it is going to cut off my circulation.

What was your experience?

Originally Posted by hat0112 View Post

I plan on wearing a garter, but we aren't doing the bouquet or garter toss. My FI and I had a bad experience at a wedding during that and vowed to never participate in it again.

Now I did buy a garter, but I have thick thighs (from dancing for 12 years) so I will only wear it if I lose some more weight and I don’t feel like it is going to cut off my circulation.

I'm not going to, whats the point if I'm not wearing stockings to hold up!  And pretty much everyone is already amrried so no point on the bouquet toss, hahaha.

I don't know...I am pretty sure I wont be doing a garter toss or bouquet toss but I still would like just because I guess...I found one on etsy but it's way beyond my price range ($85)...unless I get a really good deal on something else or someone gifted it to meI wouldn't splurge on it....

il_fullxfull.162092441.jpg

I agree with a lot of the ladies on here about the garter toss being a little too sexy for a family affair, and I don't want people seeing the fabric under my dress either lol However, I do like including traditional events into the wedding (one being the garter toss), so I decided to change it up where I'm not really included in it. Our family and friends, guests, are rather humorous and are all for good fun. I talked to the Best Man(obviously my FH's best friend, so it's not some unknown random person) about this already and he's all for it.

Here it goes: Instead of a garter removal and toss, FI will have to put the garter ON blindfolded. Of course, he'll think that's its me he's putting the garter on, but as soon as he's blindfolded...I'm out of the chair and the BM will take my place (pant risen up to his knee and no shoe). It's the usual trick with a twist. I know he wouldn't take anything far b/c of the family present, even if it really was me instead of BM. I just hope he doesn't really think that hairy leg is mine lol

My sister wanted the BM to go a step further and actually wear a cheap, perhaps ugly, white dress during this but I said no. Besides, I think the hysterical laughter would tip off my FI LOL

I'll be wearing a garter regardless, but there'll be a cheap one used for the blindfolded switch and my garter won't be seen by anyone else but my FH ;-)