Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribBride View Post
Honestly, I don't remember how much DJ was... Sorry.
that dance floor was $500. It was pretty nice actually. It wasn't too big, so if you're having a lot of people its not big enough (I had 25 people). I'm sure Claudia can help you out with size.

It wasn't too dark at all, and where we had a reception it wasn't very windy, even though it wasn't very far from the ceremony site. There were lights around and candles, so it was just perfect.

Mariarchi band was fine, it was a good addition for the coctail hour. Don't expect a lot from it though.

For reception you have an option to have it on the terrace but it really isn't impressive at all...

I added some pictures to my profile from the reception, take a look

So was your reception in the Garden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribBride View Post
Honestly, I don't remember how much DJ was... Sorry.
that dance floor was $500. It was pretty nice actually. It wasn't too big, so if you're having a lot of people its not big enough (I had 25 people). I'm sure Claudia can help you out with size.

It wasn't too dark at all, and where we had a reception it wasn't very windy, even though it wasn't very far from the ceremony site. There were lights around and candles, so it was just perfect.

Mariarchi band was fine, it was a good addition for the coctail hour. Don't expect a lot from it though.

For reception you have an option to have it on the terrace but it really isn't impressive at all...

I added some pictures to my profile from the reception, take a look
Also, does anyone know how I can view her profile? When I try, it says I am not allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson1221 View Post
Where are you having your reception at? I just changed my DW to cancun instead of Cabo.

I haven't decided either the garden area or the terrace

Caribbride had hers in the garden area, she said it was really nice

She's not on here that much, so it might be awhile before you hear back from her, maybe you want to send her an email and you'll hear back sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I just joined the site! We're getting married at Dreams Cancun in Oct. and are just starting the planning process. Saw a wedding their last October (before we were engaged) and just loved it. From reading the posts, it seems like most are hiring an outside photographer. Has anyone found someone they really love? Do they have a website I could check out? I really want some great pics and video to show at the reception we'll have in our hometown when we get back. My other concern is the music/dancing. I have a lot of pretty rowdy friends and family coming, and we all love dancing. I'm wondering how the DJ is, or if it would be possible to bring our iPod and do music that way. Any ideas? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
Hi! I just joined the site! We're getting married at Dreams Cancun in Oct. and are just starting the planning process. Saw a wedding their last October (before we were engaged) and just loved it. From reading the posts, it seems like most are hiring an outside photographer. Has anyone found someone they really love? Do they have a website I could check out? I really want some great pics and video to show at the reception we'll have in our hometown when we get back. My other concern is the music/dancing. I have a lot of pretty rowdy friends and family coming, and we all love dancing. I'm wondering how the DJ is, or if it would be possible to bring our iPod and do music that way. Any ideas? Thanks!

Susan....I have currently have not decided on a photographer yet...Stuck between the idea of flying one in to meet me there or hiring a local one there in Cancun. If you "search" cancun photographers, i'm sure that you will find some interesting threads....
Along with you, all of our friends and family are pretty crazy 2! There is an option to bring your own ipod, but you will still have to rent the sound equipment from dreams. Which is still kind of pricey if you ask me! We have NOt decided on the music either.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Susan,

 

We are getting married at dreams cancun a week after you, maybe you'll even still be there when we arrive! We decided on Claudia Rodriguez Photography Claudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya, we are actually using one of her team members, Citlalli. They have been very responsive, there pictures are very good, and I thought there prices were reasonable. They also do video.

 

As for music, we are thinking of doing the IPOD thing as well, it is $180/hour to rent the sound system +10% tax. The DJ is more, I can't remember off the top of my head, but claudia did tell me if you needed the DJ for 4 hours or more she could get us a better price, but we haven't decided yet.

 

There are a lot of great photographers on this forum as well, some from mexico and others that you could fly in. It really depends on your budget. Elizabeth Medina is another great photographer from mexico, she's also a member here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tip. I e-mailed the photographer/videographer you suggested to check for availability. The website was impressive. Have you heard much about the photographer/videographer that is included in the "Ultimate" package? Do they have a website?

As far as reception sites go. When we were there vacationing last October, we saw a reception set up in the garden area. Beautiful! I actually found picture of that very wedding on the web. Check out

www.honeymoongiveaway.com

Click on "Photo Gallery" and then "Dreams Cancun". Scroll to the bottom.

Also, my parents were just there this past week checking the place out. They met with Claudia and also saw two weddings while they were there. One reception was on the beach. My mom said it was very windy that day and figure the guest were eating as much sand as they were dinner. The second reception was on the terrace. She thought this was beautiful and loved the tiki torches. I'm deciding between the terrace and the garden...waiting to see my mom's pics. I'll try to post them if I can figure out how!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thought....

How do you think we'd plug out iPods into their system? I was also thinking about doing it from a laptop. Probably would be best to have a tech saavy guest, who doesn't mind, in charge of the music. I still think I'd like a microphone too. What is everyone's plans for introduction, first dance, bouquet and garter tosses? Is anyone doing those things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I e-mailed the photographer/videographer you suggested to check for availability. The website was impressive. Have you heard much about the photographer/videographer that is included in the "Ultimate" package? Do they have a website?
As far as reception sites go. When we were there vacationing last October, we saw a reception set up in the garden area. Beautiful! I actually found picture of that very wedding on the web. Check out
Elite Travel
Click on "Photo Gallery" and then "Dreams Cancun". Scroll to the bottom.
Also, my parents were just there this past week checking the place out. They met with Claudia and also saw two weddings while they were there. One reception was on the beach. My mom said it was very windy that day and figure the guest were eating as much sand as they were dinner. The second reception was on the terrace. She thought this was beautiful and loved the tiki torches. I'm deciding between the terrace and the garden...waiting to see my mom's pics. I'll try to post them if I can figure out how!
Thanks for the pics!! I visited there in December but only got to see a wedding with couple only. We were planning on 30-40 but now have hit 60-70 people!! Overwhelmed but excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×