Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Congrats on setting a date! Just wanted to mention that as long as you've been charged, the date is set. You won't get a signed contract from Claudia until you meet with her at the resort a few days before your wedding. I guess it's just how they do things in Mexico. In fact, we did a wire transfer and never got confirmation that Dreams received it but our wedding day was still reserved for us!

 

Have fun planning, a year will go by before you know it!

 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Hi Ladies!

 

I am 99% sure that I am a Dreams Cancun bride!  I have signed a contract for November 5, 2011 and they just charged my credit card for the wedding deposit.  I am just waiting to get a copy of the contract signed by Claudia before I feel 100% confident that I have a wedding date.

 

I have been active on this site since June and I have been lurking around this thread while 1) deciding  between Dreams Cancun & Dreams Puerto Aventuras and then 2) working on securing a date with TA Jill.

 

Congrats to all the brides that are nearing their special days!

 

Courtney



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

 

Hi Ladies!

 

I am 99% sure that I am a Dreams Cancun bride!  I have signed a contract for November 5, 2011 and they just charged my credit card for the wedding deposit.  I am just waiting to get a copy of the contract signed by Claudia before I feel 100% confident that I have a wedding date.

 

I have been active on this site since June and I have been lurking around this thread while 1) deciding  between Dreams Cancun & Dreams Puerto Aventuras and then 2) working on securing a date with TA Jill.

 

Congrats to all the brides that are nearing their special days!

 

Courtney

 

 

Congrats I am so happy for you! We are going out there in April for our site visit and our engagement shoot!! Juan does amazing work!! Which package did you pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have signed up for the Ultimate package.  I am pretty sure we will have 20 or more people, so the Ultimate really makes sense.  Based on the prices on the contract, it will cost ~$90 per person (including taxes and such for cocktail hour and reception) above the package price so the difference in the prices between the Ultimate and the next package down is made up for by the extra people it includes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so been emailing back and forth with Cecilia this morning, added the sound system to the ceremony as she notes the guests won't hear our vows if we don't.  I'm a bit dissappointed about the Eternity Honeymoon Pacakge - we can't get it as even though we have 24 nights accomodation booked over 5 rooms, becuase 1 of the rooms is only staying 2 nights not 3 they won't give it to us.  Cecilia says she has to prove to reservations department that there are 5 rooms staying 3 nights or we need the honeymoon category or hgher room.  I figure it just sucks a bit that I have fmaily spending a week in the hotel in rooms but becuase my friend can only stay 2 nights we lose out....... sorry for my rant eveyone just a tad dissappointed sad.gif thought it would have been nice treat and had my mum look after my little girl for the night!  Nevermind, back to the drawing board.  Happy Friday every one!

Tori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by toriOary View Post

 

OK so been emailing back and forth with Cecilia this morning, added the sound system to the ceremony as she notes the guests won't hear our vows if we don't.  I'm a bit dissappointed about the Eternity Honeymoon Pacakge - we can't get it as even though we have 24 nights accomodation booked over 5 rooms, becuase 1 of the rooms is only staying 2 nights not 3 they won't give it to us.  Cecilia says she has to prove to reservations department that there are 5 rooms staying 3 nights or we need the honeymoon category or hgher room.  I figure it just sucks a bit that I have fmaily spending a week in the hotel in rooms but becuase my friend can only stay 2 nights we lose out....... sorry for my rant eveyone just a tad dissappointed sad.gif thought it would have been nice treat and had my mum look after my little girl for the night!  Nevermind, back to the drawing board.  Happy Friday every one!

Tori

 

 

I'm sorry Tory! They get so much business that they just don't do even the little things for the bride. It seems unfair especially when we have to pay so much for the little things!! My wedding is a year and 5 1/2 months away and we did a spreadsheet last night with all the extra we want and we are realizing it is gonna be around 8k just for the wedding not including our flights!! A little stressful, it would be nice if they would give you a discount on your rooms, I mean after all you just brought in some business for them. My guests will be staying 3-4 nights not even a week so I guess that doesn't qualify me either. That is the package we are putting together for our guests so we can have a honeymoon! Your wedding will be perfect, I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for some help and advice. I was very dissapoointed in the flower choices in the pdf wedding planner guide to pick from. I noticed that there have been some gorgeous flower bouquets in the recent weedings on Juan's facebook page. I posted a picture of Carolina's gorgeous flowers!! Does any know how expensive it is or how difficult to get the bouquet you want? I appreciate any help guys!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all brides to be and those married at Dreams Cancun, 

 

I just got back yesterday from Cancun! We had the best trip ever and our wedding day was more than perfect!!!! All I can say is put your trust in the Dreams Cancun staff and they are AMAZING! 

I will write a full review, but just wanted to post a little something that might help some of you planning. 

First off, I thought I wanted some extra stuff and that this and that mattered......when we got there I kind of didn't care anymore. The setting is absolutely beautiful, Claudia made our wedding day more beautiful and amazing then I could have imagined (all I wanted was the ocean!). When I say "more than perfect" I truly mean that. EVERYONE involved with our wedding was fantastic and when I was there I did not worry about a thing! 

 

Bouquets..................you can have whatever you want, the flowers you see in the PDF are the kind that come with the package, but you can have any of those flowers arranged how you like (I have all orange lillies, done very simple, they were perfect!). 

 

Bascically, our dream wedding......................we had the Ultimate package, base (no extras except sound system and traded out cocktail hour for extra guests at dinner). We tipped Claudia after we paid her, and beleive me it was worth it. She threw in center peices, chair bows at the reception (that I"m not really into, but they looked fantastic), a DJ, lights on the dance floor, a massive wedding cake, flowers for the girls hair and so on. They really go above and beyond and KNOW how to put on a wedding! We had absolutely nothing to complain about in the slightest. Also, we did not upgrade photography or videography, and they took so many amazing pics, I don't think I could have found more beatutiful pics in a magazine! 

 

Try not to worry about stuff, because on your wedding day it will be perfect and your guest will LOVE dreams!!! Trust me!!!

 

Good luck in the planning, and I will write my review this week I hope and post some pics!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by tomick View Post

 

Hi all brides to be and those married at Dreams Cancun, 

 

I just got back yesterday from Cancun! We had the best trip ever and our wedding day was more than perfect!!!! All I can say is put your trust in the Dreams Cancun staff and they are AMAZING! 

I will write a full review, but just wanted to post a little something that might help some of you planning. 

First off, I thought I wanted some extra stuff and that this and that mattered......when we got there I kind of didn't care anymore. The setting is absolutely beautiful, Claudia made our wedding day more beautiful and amazing then I could have imagined (all I wanted was the ocean!). When I say "more than perfect" I truly mean that. EVERYONE involved with our wedding was fantastic and when I was there I did not worry about a thing! 

 

Bouquets..................you can have whatever you want, the flowers you see in the PDF are the kind that come with the package, but you can have any of those flowers arranged how you like (I have all orange lillies, done very simple, they were perfect!). 

 

Bascically, our dream wedding......................we had the Ultimate package, base (no extras except sound system and traded out cocktail hour for extra guests at dinner). We tipped Claudia after we paid her, and beleive me it was worth it. She threw in center peices, chair bows at the reception (that I"m not really into, but they looked fantastic), a DJ, lights on the dance floor, a massive wedding cake, flowers for the girls hair and so on. They really go above and beyond and KNOW how to put on a wedding! We had absolutely nothing to complain about in the slightest. Also, we did not upgrade photography or videography, and they took so many amazing pics, I don't think I could have found more beatutiful pics in a magazine! 

 

Try not to worry about stuff, because on your wedding day it will be perfect and your guest will LOVE dreams!!! Trust me!!!

 

Good luck in the planning, and I will write my review this week I hope and post some pics!!!!

 

 

I am so happy for you!!! She threw in a DJ for free!! That is awesome. I can't wait to see your pictures and I am so glad you had a worry free day!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomick -

 

How in the world did you get all of that stuff for free? The DJ, the dance floor?  Those are worth a couple thousand dollars!  Sounds like you got a fantastic deal!!!!  I can only hope for the same...

 

Has anyone else heard of any of the same types of freebies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomick -welcome back, congratulations and good for you!  I am so pleased for you..... wow.... truly how did you get such freebies, I am in Aw......

I have booked the DJ, DAncefloor and soundsystem for the ceremony and Cecilia has been adding it all onto my invoice and sending me updates........

Even though I mentioned to her I pay for 20 people and I only have 16 attending including kids it was basically sorry, the package is a good deal so there is nothing I can do for you in the way of anything for free...... good for you!

 

Can't wait to see your review.

 

Ladies who have already been married, can't decide on the desert - stupid thing I know, has anyone got pictures of the food or input on what food was good / bad to help us make the decesions - our house is spilt 3 ways Jason, my little girl and myself over what food we should be choosing!! :)

 

Thanks all,

Tori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
    • I know it is really tough job to get everything at best cost. I would like to suggest to contact local wedding planner or decorators to get the quotes. It will take some time but by comparing different quotes you will get the best package.
  • Topics

×