What to do with these favor things?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

that such a cute idea, are you planning on telling everyone how you've been doing that since you were little. i think that's sweet. I would either do them as place settings like someone mentioned or put the sand in them yourself and stick them in oot bags. I really like the idea someone mentioned about filling them up together at your wedding. Is your ceremony or reception on the beach?
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bridget917
      Can you take sand back to the US? I know customs is somewhat strict about what can and cannot be taken over the border.
      I read that in Mexico it is illegal for you to bring anything like that back from the beach. I am not sure about other locations though.... Carla

#13 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

I brought back sand from St. Lucia last year and my brother brought back sand from Kenya a few years ago. I would think it's fine, but who knows. I guess they could be worried about bringing little bugs into the country of something.

#14 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

Erin where did you find the bottles... I would love to do this.. sounds perfect since I will a beach bum bride!

We have the same colors it looks like too. From all the other posts, we def need to compare notes!!!

#15 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 2bebridejamaica
            Erin where did you find the bottles... I would love to do this.. sounds perfect since I will a beach bum bride!

We have the same colors it looks like too. From all the other posts, we def need to compare notes!!!
            I got them off e-bay. I'll try and find the seller's name.

Here it is: iwuvgordon

Check out my blog...most of my notes are in there. If you have 30 guests or less, I'll have plenty to offer for sale when I get back!

I promise I will find time to post my planning thread before I leave. I'm moving my office and am supposed to be out by tomorrow then am taking the rest of the week off. As you can see, I'm really not being productive or much help moving! LOL

#16 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
            • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ErinB
              I got them off e-bay. I'll try and find the seller's name.

Here it is: iwuvgordon

Check out my blog...most of my notes are in there. If you have 30 guests or less, I'll have plenty to offer for sale when I get back!

I promise I will find time to post my planning thread before I leave. I'm moving my office and am supposed to be out by tomorrow then am taking the rest of the week off. As you can see, I'm really not being productive or much help moving! LOL
              Since, I am a newbie here... I just love your stuff. I am so excited about things because you have had so many great ideas. I am truely addicted to the site.. and my FH just thinks I am nuts, BUT he is loving all the new DIY stuff.

Yes, I am having only about 25 people tops because I have had so many people cancel already even after booking. (little sad bout that).. but what can you do.

#17 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

definitely fill them yourself, people many people probably wouldn't bother doing it. Then hand them out at the reception with a note attached.

What a great souvenir of your wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users