Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#2671 Erica_Bellerive

Erica_Bellerive
  • Newbie
  • 104 posts

    Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

    This new picture is of the whole group of wonderful ladies who came to my bridal shower and stagette. It was a fantastic turn out :)
    Married April 28, 2010

    Bahia Principe Coba Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati....28-10-a-59626/Our Wedding (Non-Professional) http://s864.photobuc....view=slideshow

    #2672 swankster77

    swankster77
    • Jr. Member
    • 233 posts

      Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

      I've run into a slight problem! UGH! Since I am divorced Jazmin told me I have to get my birth and divorce certificates both translated and apostilled... the problem is, I only have my certified birth certificate (need the long-form/uncertified copy) AND I do not have my divorce certificate (would have to drive 3.5 hours to get it) I do however have my judgement of divorce witch happens to be 8 pages long (translating is $50/pg)... so I'm looking at a grand total of $300-$600 to locate the correct documents and get them ready for me to be legally married in Mexico. BOO!

      So this is what I'm contemplating... getting legally married here in WI before and then doing the symbolic ceremony in Mexico and not telling anyone. How many of you have done this? Can anyone let me know what the difference between the legal, symbolic & renewal of vows ceremonies are?

      My wedding is only 2 months away so I need to figure this out ASAP! AAAAHHHH! Yes, I'm starting to freak out a little! If we do decide to go with the legal ceremony as planned I need to jump through a lot of hoops in little time so I'm just not sure if it's worth it. I just want to marry my FI... just not sure what's the best way to do it! Any insight is greatly appreciated.

      #2673 TATrisha

      TATrisha

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,377 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
      • LocationWisconsin

      Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

      Oh ick!! Yeah, I knew the process was longer if you have been divorced. That really stinks I'm so sorry!

      ~Trisha~

      Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
      www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

      Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

       
      Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
       
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


      #2674 sunnyee

      sunnyee
      • Newbie
      • 112 posts

        Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by swankster77
        I've run into a slight problem! UGH! Since I am divorced Jazmin told me I have to get my birth and divorce certificates both translated and apostilled... the problem is, I only have my certified birth certificate (need the long-form/uncertified copy) AND I do not have my divorce certificate (would have to drive 3.5 hours to get it) I do however have my judgement of divorce witch happens to be 8 pages long (translating is $50/pg)... so I'm looking at a grand total of $300-$600 to locate the correct documents and get them ready for me to be legally married in Mexico. BOO!

        So this is what I'm contemplating... getting legally married here in WI before and then doing the symbolic ceremony in Mexico and not telling anyone. How many of you have done this? Can anyone let me know what the difference between the legal, symbolic & renewal of vows ceremonies are?

        My wedding is only 2 months away so I need to figure this out ASAP! AAAAHHHH! Yes, I'm starting to freak out a little! If we do decide to go with the legal ceremony as planned I need to jump through a lot of hoops in little time so I'm just not sure if it's worth it. I just want to marry my FI... just not sure what's the best way to do it! Any insight is greatly appreciated.
        To save yourself some stress/grief get married before or after your Symbolic ceremony in Mexico. Simply tell your WC that you want everyone to believe that your wedding is the real deal and she will make it happen. We had a Symbolic ceremony and had our 4 witnesses sign the certificate...no one suspected a thing. The minister was great and followed protocol as if it was a legal wedding. We got back from Mexico and got married a couple of days later. In our hearts and minds, our wedding happened in Mexico...we just did "the paper work" at home. I know that once we made this decision to go this route, I was more relaxed. Hope this helps!

        #2675 Jen_S

        Jen_S
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,737 posts

          Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

          We got married before we left for Mexico because our town said they would not honor our wedding in Mexico and we would have to pay for a re-ceremony so it was just much cheaper for us to get married before we left. No one could tell our wedding in Mexico was not real, they still had us and the MOH & BM sign the certificate during the ceremony.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

          #2676 HereFishie

          HereFishie
          • Jr. Member
          • 386 posts

            Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

            We're getting the paperwork done before we leave too. It's just not worth the hassle of doing it all there. In our hearts, our wedding day is in Mexico. The legal stuff here is just paperwork :)

            #2677 swankster77

            swankster77
            • Jr. Member
            • 233 posts

              Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunnyee
              To save yourself some stress/grief get married before or after your Symbolic ceremony in Mexico. Simply tell your WC that you want everyone to believe that your wedding is the real deal and she will make it happen. We had a Symbolic ceremony and had our 4 witnesses sign the certificate...no one suspected a thing. The minister was great and followed protocol as if it was a legal wedding. We got back from Mexico and got married a couple of days later. In our hearts and minds, our wedding happened in Mexico...we just did "the paper work" at home. I know that once we made this decision to go this route, I was more relaxed. Hope this helps!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jen_S
              We got married before we left for Mexico because our town said they would not honor our wedding in Mexico and we would have to pay for a re-ceremony so it was just much cheaper for us to get married before we left. No one could tell our wedding in Mexico was not real, they still had us and the MOH & BM sign the certificate during the ceremony.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by HereFishie
              We're getting the paperwork done before we leave too. It's just not worth the hassle of doing it all there. In our hearts, our wedding day is in Mexico. The legal stuff here is just paperwork :)

              Thanks for the input - I'm glad to hear others have done/are planning the same thing. I'm still waiting to hear back from Jazmin to make sure it's not too late to switch ceremony types. I'm already feeling better thinking about it.

              Which ceremony did you choose the symbolic or the renewal of vows? What is the difference? Do you get all the same amenities that come with the legal ceremony?

              Thanks again girls :)

              #2678 TATrisha

              TATrisha

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,377 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
              • LocationWisconsin

              Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

              I would definitely go with the symbolic. I think it's obvious from the wording that the renewal isn't the real thing. The symbolic hides it much better.

              ~Trisha~

              Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
              www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

              Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

               
              Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
               
              Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


              #2679 swankster77

              swankster77
              • Jr. Member
              • 233 posts

                Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tlseege
                I would definitely go with the symbolic. I think it's obvious from the wording that the renewal isn't the real thing. The symbolic hides it much better.
                Thanks that's what I was thinking... but the price of the renewal was so cheap so thought I'd at least inquire :) I just hope that with the symbolic we get the room upgrade and treated the same as we would had we be doing the legal...

                #2680 HereFishie

                HereFishie
                • Jr. Member
                • 386 posts

                  Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

                  We wanted it to be different and unique so we're having the Mayan Blessing. :)




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users