Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#1751 jennmonk

jennmonk
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

Congrats turtlewax15. Sounds like it was a great time. I hope you post some pictures! I was wondering what the cost of DJ Bob is and do you have to pay a fee to bring him into the resort?

Jennifer

#1752 Jules

Jules
    • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

Turtlewax15,
      Thanks so much for all the information! You cleared up a few things I was wondering too. Be prepared to answer more questions as I'm sure more will come up! Thanks again :)

#1753 jennmonk

jennmonk
      • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Thanks soooooo much Turtlewax. You've answered so many of my questions before I even had them. Thank you!!

Jennifer

#1754 Joss

Joss
        • 188 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Turtle, you are awesome for answering everyone's questions.

I know Jazmin said the latest the poolside reception could go was 10:30 p.m. I know the disco doesn't open up until midnight. What did you and your guests do in between that time to keep the party / momentum going?

#1755 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
          • 114 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for all the info Turtlewax! I don't mind seeing you post all the time ;-) Your answering all of my questions...lol!! But I do have 1 more...

Did you have to ask her to send you the wedding itinerary before you got there? Or did she just send it to you?

#1756 KRama

KRama
            • 421 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

My wedding date was just confirmed! May 11th, 2010 at GBP Coba!!

Now the one thing that freaks me out; We arrive on a Sunday in the early afternoon, the wedding date is Tuesday. In the email I got from Paloma it says: Bride, groom must arrive 2 working days prior this day. So am I good? I told her we were arriving Sunday so she wouldn't book it if it wasn't right, right?

#1757 Jules

Jules
              • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KRama

Now the one thing that freaks me out; We arrive on a Sunday in the early afternoon, the wedding date is Tuesday. In the email I got from Paloma it says: Bride, groom must arrive 2 working days prior this day. So am I good? I told her we were arriving Sunday so she wouldn't book it if it wasn't right, right?
                I'd look into that maybe. We were told 4 working days. We arrive on Saturday and I wanted to get married on the Wednesday but they said we couldn't b/c of the 4 day thing. So that is why we are getting married on April Fool's Day.

#1758 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                • 1,338 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KRama

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jules
                  I'd look into that maybe. We were told 4 working days. We arrive on Saturday and I wanted to get married on the Wednesday but they said we couldn't b/c of the 4 day thing. So that is why we are getting married on April Fool's Day.
                  I was told the same thing. We arrive on a Saturday and we're not allowed to get married until the Thursday because of the 4 days.

Let us know what you find out. Perhaps the rules have changed since we booked our weddings.
                  ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#1759 KRama

KRama
                  • 421 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

I forgot to mention that we're doing a symbolic ceremony, not a legal one, so the 4 day rule doesn't apply to us. They probably want time to organize everything though since you arrange the details after you arrive! I emailed her back just to confirm...I'll let you know what she says!

#1760 nikki&owen

nikki&owen
                    • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

wow this thread has been so informative.
                      I am booking my wedding at GBP tulum in Feb 2011 and am looking into doing the dinner and reception pool side. It sucks that it can only go until 10:30 though. Does anyone know if it gets cool at night in Feb? I was wondering if I should move my date if I want to do the dinner outside?
                      Did anyone else get married there in feb - april. I am wondering if I have to be worried about the spring break crowd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users