Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone...

 

So....Jasmin has finally emailed me back (after 6 weeks!!) and I am confused and not happy with what she has told me....

 

In one of the first emails she sent me she gave me a quote for the poolside party which was $1,070 for 40 people including special bar and DJ.....I presumed (stupidly) that she had quoted me for 40 people as I had said that we may have between 30-40 people attending....Anyway I have gone ahead and booked DJ Bijan after reading reviews and had emailed her again asking for a quote without the resort DJ and for 25 Adults & 6 Children as we haven't got as many people coming now as first thought. She has replied back stating that the poolside reception is a package price of $1,070 and is not per person??? ( We get married 24th October 2012 if that makes a difference? - not sure if its recently changed??)

 

Did anyone else have this before stating which price bar they wanted and getting the price pp per hour for that?

 

Thanks

 

Nic.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies - question for past brides who have organized a night to CocoBongo's. Did you guys buy your tickets through the resort/tour operator? If so..do you remember how much it was for ALL-inclusive? (Transportation to and from CocoBongo & open bar/bypass line etc)

I want to organize the night but I dont know how to go about getting tickets - do we do it way ahead of time? or do I tell my guests they're to buy their own in advance?
or can we do it the day of through the hotel?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunshine2680, here is the info on Coco Bongo that I got from Jazmin:

 

Package 1)Every Tuesday
-Open bar included
-Round Transportation (hotel-disco & disco - hotel)
-Express pass
-Cover included
-With 13people booked,the ticket number 14 is free
-Men 60usd each to be cover on monday
-Girls 50usd each to be cover on monday
-Extra: Place to put your drinks but no tables to be seat

Package 2)Every Monday, Wednesday & Thrusday per groups since 13 people
-Open bar included
-Round Transportation (hotel-disco & disco - hotel)
-Express pass
-Cover included
-With 13people booked with rate of 65usd,the ticket number 14 is free
-Men & women 65usd each to be cover on monday
-Extra: Place to put your drinks but no tables to be seat


Package 3 "Gold Member")
-Open International Bar included
-Round Transportation (hotel-disco & disco - hotel)
-VIP entrance & VIP Area
-Cover included
-With 13people booked,the ticket number 14 is free
-Rate 120usd per groups of 10people to 13people and 110usd per groups since 14people or more (from Monday to thursday)
-Rate 140usd per groups of 10people to 13people and 130usd per groups since 14people or more (from Friday to Saturday)
-Private Waiter that will be around during your whole stay
-Table reserved
-Note: this kind of package must be cover asap after arrival to the hotel because is upon availability

 

I hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunshine, We went to Coco Bongo and it was so much fun! There's Coco bongo reps everywhere by the pool and lobby. We bought ours a couple days before. There's 2 packages.... 1) is VIP (lower level, better view of stage, table and seats) 2) regular pass (higher level, no seats, decent) We had 21 people and went with the regular pass. If there is only a small group going then I would go with VIP. When we first talked to the coco bongo rep he quoted us $65 per person..... Then we talked him down to $60 plus bride and groom free entrance. I thought that was a good deal, until our best man talked to our wedding coordinator and got $50 per person. So I would probably wait and ask your wedding coordinator during your sit down meeting. It really depends on how many ppl are going to coco bongo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Maria1301 View Post

 

Sunshine2680, here is the info on Coco Bongo that I got from Jazmin:

 

Package 1)Every Tuesday

-Open bar included

-Round Transportation (hotel-disco & disco - hotel)

-Express pass

-Cover included

-With 13people booked,the ticket number 14 is free

-Men 60usd each to be cover on monday

-Girls 50usd each to be cover on monday

-Extra: Place to put your drinks but no tables to be seat

 

Package 2)Every Monday, Wednesday & Thrusday per groups since 13 people

-Open bar included

-Round Transportation (hotel-disco & disco - hotel)

-Express pass

-Cover included

-With 13people booked with rate of 65usd,the ticket number 14 is free

-Men & women 65usd each to be cover on monday

-Extra: Place to put your drinks but no tables to be seat

 

 

Package 3 "Gold Member")

-Open International Bar included

-Round Transportation (hotel-disco & disco - hotel)

-VIP entrance & VIP Area

-Cover included

-With 13people booked,the ticket number 14 is free

-Rate 120usd per groups of 10people to 13people and 110usd per groups since 14people or more (from Monday to thursday)

-Rate 140usd per groups of 10people to 13people and 130usd per groups since 14people or more (from Friday to Saturday)

-Private Waiter that will be around during your whole stay

-Table reserved

-Note: this kind of package must be cover asap after arrival to the hotel because is upon availability

 

I hope this helps!

 

OMG! Thank you! unfortunately i dont see Sundays on there... We may have to move our night out to Monday i think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

 

Sunshine,

We went to Coco Bongo and it was so much fun! There's Coco bongo reps everywhere by the pool and lobby. We bought ours a couple days before. There's 2 packages.... 1) is VIP (lower level, better view of stage, table and seats)

2) regular pass (higher level, no seats, decent)

We had 21 people and went with the regular pass. If there is only a small group going then I would go with VIP. When we first talked to the coco bongo rep he quoted us $65 per person..... Then we talked him down to $60 plus bride and groom free entrance. I thought that was a good deal, until our best man talked to our wedding coordinator and got $50 per person. So I would probably wait and ask your wedding coordinator during your sit down meeting. It really depends on how many ppl are going to coco bongo.

 

ooo thanks! I guess I should take a poll of who will want to go so I have an idea of #'s

thanks ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

 

Sunshine,

We went to Coco Bongo and it was so much fun! There's Coco bongo reps everywhere by the pool and lobby. We bought ours a couple days before. There's 2 packages.... 1) is VIP (lower level, better view of stage, table and seats)

2) regular pass (higher level, no seats, decent)

We had 21 people and went with the regular pass. If there is only a small group going then I would go with VIP. When we first talked to the coco bongo rep he quoted us $65 per person..... Then we talked him down to $60 plus bride and groom free entrance. I thought that was a good deal, until our best man talked to our wedding coordinator and got $50 per person. So I would probably wait and ask your wedding coordinator during your sit down meeting. It really depends on how many ppl are going to coco bongo.

How far in advance did you book?  How many people were in your party?

Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no Coco Bongo on Sundays! We went on a Wednesday and it was still packed!! Booked 2 days in advance :). It might be easier to do all the bookings when your there.... Just make sure you negotiate ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

 

There's no Coco Bongo on Sundays! We went on a Wednesday and it was still packed!! Booked 2 days in advance :). It might be easier to do all the bookings when your there.... Just make sure you negotiate wink.gif

 

Oh! Good to know!

So if some people want to do the GOLD service - and some dont - does that mean you're basically separated the whole night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×