12 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hi everyone.

I've posted on here before that FI's cousin, Alice, has been diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 31. She has recently undergone a double masectomy and reconstructive surgery, and is now on some pretty intense doses of chemo.

On June 7th, FI, FMIL, and I will be heading down to Washington DC to participate in the Susan G Komen National Race for the Cure. I will be on Alice's sister's team, My Vision, named after the foundation Alice has created for other young women with breast cancer. Here's her website: Home

I know that money is tight for many people right now, but I am hoping that a few people will be interested in sponsoring me for the walk. I would be so happy if just one person on BDW made a donation.

Here is my donation page: https://www.kintera.....upId=220013332

Thank you for taking the time to read this. And please keep Alice in your thougths and prayers during this difficult time for her.

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Can you bump this post on the 15th (Pay day) I would love to help you out but I'm broke until the 15th.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

I donated to your team. My mom is a survivor so I believe that every dollar counts.

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Oh, thank you Jenny!!! You've made me so happy!

I will be more than happy to bump this post on Thursday. Thank you both.

#5 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:47 AM

Would you mind if I add Alice's name to my list of people I walk in honor of. I participate in the Breast Cancer 3 Day every year, and this year Im walking in two cities.

I design a tshirt every year to wear on the walk of all the people I walk in honor of. I would love to put Alice's name on there.

#6 currier73

currier73
            • 154 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:00 AM

I donated to your team. It wasn't a lot but you need all the help you can get at a time like this. Alice will be in our prayers.

Heather

#7 alex

alex
              • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

All of my thoughts are with Alice & your/her family. Hope my little bit helps you reach your fundraising goal

#8 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,368 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

You guys have been so wonderful! I'm overwhelmed! I can't believe I have $90 supporting my walk! Thank you thank you thank you!

Sgt. Pepperette, of course you can walk in honor of Alice. She'd be thrilled! If you get any pictures of the t-shirt or of you wearing it, I'd love to see it.

Also, if anyone knows a young woman who could benefit from Alice's foundation, please let her know about the organization. I think she's doing such a wonderful thing and I want as many women to get the help and support they need as possible.

Thanks again!

#9 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

I was asked to bump this today, so here we go...

#10 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:31 PM

Glad you remembered! I'm going to your site right now.
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users