I booked my resort!!!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

congratulations. that's an awesome feeling, picking your resort.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
    • 419 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

Whoohooo another Sandals bride! Unforantly I am a SGOR bride that is just days away:-)!! I debated on the two resorts and I sure you will be very happy with your choice and I am sure it will be perfect!

#13 currier73

currier73
      • 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

You will definitely have to let me know how it is. Thank you in advance.

Heather

#14 currier73

currier73
        • 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dusktildawn13
          Congrats on booking! I'm getting married at Sandals Negril in July and will post information/review for other SN brides. Happy planning!
          You will definitely have to let me know how it is when you return. Thank you in advance.

Heather

#15 currier73

currier73
          • 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mmontgo
            Congratulations....you must have a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.....So none of your family will be coming? Are you only doing a reception when you come home or a symbolic ceremony?
            I think we are only doing a reception. I haven't quite decided yet. I am doing it this way because neither my family or his have the money for a wedding let alone a trip. I have always wanted to have a low key wedding on the beach, so this is what we are doing. I would like to incorporate his neice and nephew into the reception some way. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
            Heather

#16 blackpearl916

blackpearl916
            • 44 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Congrats on booking with Sandals!!! I am also a Sandals Negril (soon to be) bride. Our wedding date is 9/20/08.

#17 Juniorbaby01

Juniorbaby01
              • 83 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

Congrats!
                That must be a great feeling. I'm about to book and i'm so nervous.

#18 misohapi

misohapi
                • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

congratulations!! we are also planning a weddingmoon with just the two of us. i'm between sandals negril and couples negril. how did you decide which one to chose? good luck and happy planning!
                  Vickie and Ricky
                  Sept. 23, 2008
                  Couples Negril

#19 KHarrod

KHarrod
                  • 902 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Congrats on booking the wedding, its so exciting.

#20 currier73

currier73
                    • 154 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by misohapi
                      congratulations!! we are also planning a weddingmoon with just the two of us. i'm between sandals negril and couples negril. how did you decide which one to chose? good luck and happy planning!

Misohapi,

I will say that I did a lot of research. I was originally going to go with couples but it was actually this forum that got me to change my mind. Couples is great if you are looking for a resort that is less "hotel" like. Many of the rooms do not even have windows or tv's. Many people like the fact that you can here the ocean and and other night sounds through the shutters. My only concern with this is what if got really hot? Would the AC work while I was getting ready for the wedding. I will say that the costs at Couples are much better than Sandals with flowers, hair styling, ect.. but the trip was cheaper at Sandals. Sandals is having a huge sale right now (I got 45% off our room). I just wanted a resort that was more spa like. I did not get that feeling from Couples (I could be wrong b/c I have never been there). I also heard that Sandals is a little more fun while Couples is a little more secluded. The final decision came down to the price (we are on a strict budget) and the fact that sandals waived the wedding fee ($200). If you want more information on Couples, they have a great message board on their website and the people really answer all your questions. Let me know if I can help you any further.

Heather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users